Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Quit the Whining!

FFskinsfan72

Ok, I'm getting seriously tired of hearing the whining of everyone:mad:. Get over it! Yeah we lost, to a rival, in our own house, and we were doing so well in the first half....THATS FOOTBALL!! It's been happening since this sport started and I'm pretty sure that it will continue till the end of this sport. Just stop the whining and the evaluating of what Gibbs, Cambell, and whoever did wrong. Grow up people and support your Redskins after the by-week! Just my :2cents:. HTTR!!!

You sound like my girlfriend. She watches and supports her hometown team but when the game is over she turns off the tv and doesn't really care about it anymore. In other words, she wants her team to win, but at the end of the day its no big deal either way. :doh:

Guest sith lord

Please. This team has been mediocre for about 15 years. Yesterdays loss is the kind of loss we've had to suffer through for most of those 15 years. We could have all but eliminated the Giants yesterday, but we didn't. Then to make matters worse, I watch the Cowboys systematically take apart the Bears defense in Chicago.

I want to see how this board gets when the skins play the pats. We don't have a pray in that game. The skins are not the colts or the pats. They're not a blow-out type team. They win by basic execution of plays. Run hard and play good Defense. Even if Tom Brady was the skins Qb, Gibbs would run his golden boy portis. So expect more of these types of games because even though the skins' defense is good it will not score points.

I want to see how this board gets when the skins play the pats. We don't have a pray in that game. The skins are not the colts or the pats. They're not a blow-out type team. They win by basic execution of plays. Run hard and play good Defense. Even if Tom Brady was the skins Qb' date=' Gibbs would run his golden boy portis. So expect more of these types of games because even though the skins' defense is good it will not score points.[/quote']

It won't be 73-0, but it could be close. Pats will DESTROY us and our impotent, anemic playcalling.

Things is, I can stomach losing to that kind of team. I can't stomach losing to a bunch of gutless suckholes like the Giants. That team just bites.

On one hand you could say "that's football". But on the other hand you could say "that's what I've grown accustomed to after 10-plus years of mediocrity or playing flat-out bad football".

Unfortunately this is the same thing we've seen from the Skins over and over again for over the last decade. Win a big game, then follow it up with a crushing loss to an obviously weaker opponent.

Is it just one game? Yes. Are the Skins still 2-1 with more than a good chance to get better and put together a good season? Yes. It's just troublesome because yesterday felt like 10 years of frustration summed up in 30 minutes of football.

One other thing that really bothered me: Think about how many close games we have been in since Gibbs came back. You know... the ones that come down to the last possession where we have one last chance at the end zone. Well, you would think after SO many games that come down to the same things, that we would be prepared and organized in that situation.

Nope. Instead the team is still running around like chickens with thier heads cut off seemingly not knowing what to do or just outright panicking. Spiking the ball when it isn't necessary, calling the same two plays in a row ahead of time because they don't think they have enough time to call a different one when they actually did, not having thier best players on the field on a game deciding play... the list goes on and on.

You would really think by now they would know how to conduct themselves in that type of situation, but they don't. And they need to get it fixed. Pronto. But they haven't done it in 3-plus years, so what causes me to believe they'll just suddenly figure it out now?

You sound like my girlfriend. She watches and supports her hometown team but when the game is over she turns off the tv and doesn't really care about it anymore. In other words, she wants her team to win, but at the end of the day its no big deal either way. :doh:

And you sound like a little boy who gets mad cause mommy didn't give him his way. It is a big deal but there is no sense in crying about it. And thats all I've been seeing on here. Get over it and move on. It doesn't help the team if you don't have faith in them.

It won't be 73-0, but it could be close. Pats will DESTROY us and our impotent, anemic playcalling.

Things is, I can stomach losing to that kind of team. I can't stomach losing to a bunch of gutless suckholes like the Giants. That team just bites.

yeah but if they do destroy this team what will that do mentally to the team and the fans. Say the skins go to the superbowl (NFC is wide open) and play the pats. I'd rather not go to the superbowl then have to see the skins lose the big game.

Please. This team has been mediocre for about 15 years. Yesterdays loss is the kind of loss we've had to suffer through for most of those 15 years. We could have all but eliminated the Giants yesterday, but we didn't. Then to make matters worse, I watch the Cowboys systematically take apart the Bears defense in Chicago.

How is it possible to eliminate a team 3 games into the season? It's funny how similar Redskins fans are to Eagles fans, even after I heard people's disgust of them last week.

How is it possible to eliminate a team 3 games into the season? It's funny how similar Redskins fans are to Eagles fans, even after I heard people's disgust of them last week.

I think he means that we coule violated their defense and eliminated all hope and possibilities they had to win that game. Well, that's how I read it.

And you sound like a little boy who gets mad cause mommy didn't give him his way. It is a big deal but there is no sense in crying about it. And thats all I've been seeing on here. Get over it and move on. It doesn't help the team if you don't have faith in them.
:laugh: That's funny, because your original post reminded me of girls that I know that like teams because of the pretty colors. When the team loses they don't care, there is nothing to discuss, because the colors still remains the same. :)

We come here to talk about our team my man. Give opinions, evaluate, b***h, whatever you chose to call it. It has been going on here long before you and will be going on long after you.

Besides, how do you expect to stop the whining, by whining?

Ok, I'm getting seriously tired of hearing the whining of everyone:mad:. Get over it! Yeah we lost, to a rival, in our own house, and we were doing so well in the first half....THATS FOOTBALL!! It's been happening since this sport started and I'm pretty sure that it will continue till the end of this sport. Just stop the whining and the evaluating of what Gibbs, Cambell, and whoever did wrong. Grow up people and support your Redskins after the by-week! Just my :2cents:. HTTR!!!

It's not whinning, its the way we lost and the many times it has happened exactly like that over the last 3 years.. You can stick out your chest and thump and say what people should do but we have a right to second guess and criticize some of the moves made after halftime. So to me it's not whinning, it's simply observation and commentary. :2cents:

Guest sith lord

We would have been 3 up on them in the division. They would have folded like a cheap tent. Now, they have hope.

So let me get this straight. You come on to a football message board after a terrible, gutwrenching loss, and tell fans not to discuss and evaluate what the coaches and players did in the game?

How long have you had Internet access? And how long have you followed sports?

:doh:

Edit: And for you and others, the word is "whining", not "whinning".

It's safe to say that most of the fans on this REDSKINS MESSAGE BOARD are supportive of the team (some more than others). I kinda understand where you are coming from with your post, but at the same time, it's hard to let a game like that go. And on top of that, it's going to fester in our memories for a while beause the team is off next week. Finally, the DC area is not friendly place when the Skins lose. That type of thing just tends to wear on me.

:laugh: That's funny, because your original post reminded me of girls that I know that like teams because of the pretty colors. When the team loses they don't care, there is nothing to discuss, because the colors still remains the same. :)

We come here to talk about our team my man. Give opinions, evaluate, b***h, whatever you chose to call it. It has been going on here long before you and will be going on long after you.

Besides, how do you expect to stop the whining, by whining?

Well if everyone on here thinks they can do better then feel free to get drafted or talk to Snyder about taking Gibbs job and lets see what you all can do. Talkin' about me soundin' like a girl. Bunch on of hens in here with nothing better to do but ***** about the rooster.

I was pissed yesterday, but I reminded myself yesterday of the oath I took last year. I have a nice home, great job, awesome wife and beautiful kids. No way will I let a bunch of adult underacheivers ruin my day and week. I'm betting none of the players lost sleep over that game They all get anywhere from $400k-$5mil/yr to play a kids game yesterday. Why should I have my day ruined?

He has a point here, can't dispute it and I'm sick of it. And I've been through the SuperBowl years in Gibbs first stint. But when is enough going to be enough? I'll never give up or stop being a Redskin fan, but where's our end of the tunnell, and what's our motivation?

Archived