Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Quit the Whining!

FFskinsfan72

I was pissed yesterday, but I reminded myself yesterday of the oath I took last year. I have a nice home, great job, awesome wife and beautiful kids. No way will I let a bunch of adult underacheivers ruin my day and week. I'm betting none of the players lost sleep over that game They all get anywhere from $400k-$5mil/yr to play a kids game yesterday. Why should I have my day ruined?

EXACTLY!!!:laugh::D

I was pissed yesterday, but I reminded myself yesterday of the oath I took last year. I have a nice home, great job, awesome wife and beautiful kids. No way will I let a bunch of adult underacheivers ruin my day and week. I'm betting none of the players lost sleep over that game They all get anywhere from $400k-$5mil/yr to play a kids game yesterday. Why should I have my day ruined?

damn. well said.

the only hope is that we have an owner to make our game day expiriences good.

again...snap.

Dude...why are you on the Skins forums if you don't want fans to 'quit whining'. We lost horribly. I mean, we just handed the Giants a game on a silver platter. Yeah, its not the end of the world or the season, but as fans, we have every damn right to whine as much as we want just like we have every damn right to cheer as much as we want when we win. Go the Puke board if all you want is 'positive reinforcement' all day long.

Well if everyone on here thinks they can do better then feel free to get drafted or talk to Snyder about taking Gibbs job and lets see what you all can do. Talkin' about me soundin' like a girl. Bunch on of hens in here with nothing better to do but ***** about the rooster.
:laugh:

Na, I'll just contact a farmer to take care of these pesky hens and that damn rooster.

Ok, I'm getting seriously tired of hearing the whining of everyone:mad:. Get over it! Yeah we lost, to a rival, in our own house, and we were doing so well in the first half....THATS FOOTBALL!! It's been happening since this sport started and I'm pretty sure that it will continue till the end of this sport. Just stop the whining and the evaluating of what Gibbs, Cambell, and whoever did wrong. Grow up people and support your Redskins after the by-week! Just my :2cents:. HTTR!!!

AMEN PREACH IT TO MEH BROTHA! lol:point2sky

Maybe I need to clarify what I was trying to say for those who aren't understanding what I kind whining I'm talking about....This thread is to those whom I've seen saying..."Get rid of Gibbs" "Get rid of Cambell" so on and so forth. If I want to read those kind of threads I'd be on the Eagles forums. Not the play debate threads. Hopefully this helps some. I'm not trying to be troll. I would just like to see more support. What ever happened "you'll get them next time". :D

What ever happened "you'll get them next time". :D

After 15 seasons of garbage, the soothing balm of looking to the next game for redemption is a feckless task.

Organizations respond to the wishes of fans. Grossman will be pulled because of the fans annoyance with him; not because of the coaches desires. That's why Brunell was pulled, as well.

This team should be better than it is. Fans should demand more than what we are getting. "We'll get them next week" is an attitude that can breed 15 seasons of mediocrity. "Win dammit or get someome else in here who will" was the attitude that got us our trophies in the past.

After 15 seasons of garbage, the soothing balm of looking to the next game for redemption is a feckless task.

Organizations respond to the wishes of fans. Grossman will be pulled because of the fans annoyance with him; not because of the coaches desires. That's why Brunell was pulled, as well.

This team should be better than it is. Fans should demand more than what we are getting. "We'll get them next week" is an attitude that can breed 15 seasons of mediocrity. "Win dammit or get someome else in here who will" was the attitude that got us our trophies in the past.

point taken. :D

I am not whinning. I will tell you I am super p******! When you see what could have been and what happened, you do get upset. Good teams beat the teams that they are supposed to beat and the fact of the matter is that we didn't. If we want to be considered a good team, we need to take care of business and focus on the lions and go one game at a time. I think that many of us and the team got way ahead of ourselves.

This board is so funny...its ONE loss and oh by the way we still have a winning record!!!!

You'd think it was armageddon around here. We lost a tight, hard fought game. The team can play better...we have the ability but it didnt work out yesterday.

Ive never seen this board in such turmoil after one loss. Not even after we lost week 1 last year vs. Minny. Its insane how people are acting....WOW im actually shocked to log into this site after an L anymore.

Hmm....i wonder if 15 other boards out there are in the midst of armageddon like THIS place is. Its really not necessary - chill out folks it was one game. Were still ok and have a favorable schedule following a much needed bye week.

Guest sith lord
This board is so funny...its ONE loss and oh by the way we still have a winning record!!!!

You'd think it was armageddon around here. We lost a tight, hard fought game. The team can play better...we have the ability but it didnt work out yesterday.

Ive never seen this board in such turmoil after one loss. Not even after we lost week 1 last year vs. Minny. Its insane how people are acting....WOW im actually shocked to log into this site after an L anymore.

Hmm....i wonder if 15 other boards out there are in the midst of armageddon like THIS place is. Its really not necessary - chill out folks it was one game. Were still ok and have a favorable schedule following a much needed bye week.

You have to understand that this wasn't just one loss or just any loss. We had the Giant's season on the ropes and we let them off the hook. We could have been 3-0 and 2-0 in the division. With Gibbs and his conservative playcalling, WE WON'T have a winning record for long.

Maybe I need to clarify what I was trying to say for those who aren't understanding what I kind whining I'm talking about....This thread is to those whom I've seen saying..."Get rid of Gibbs" "Get rid of Cambell" so on and so forth. If I want to read those kind of threads I'd be on the Eagles forums. Not the play debate threads. Hopefully this helps some. I'm not trying to be troll. I would just like to see more support. What ever happened "you'll get them next time". :D

Let the Lions and Cardinals "Get them next week". As George Allen once said, "The future is now."

I am not whinning. I will tell you I am super p******! When you see what could have been and what happened, you do get upset. Good teams beat the teams that they are supposed to beat and the fact of the matter is that we didn't. If we want to be considered a good team, we need to take care of business and focus on the lions and go one game at a time. I think that many of us and the team got way ahead of ourselves.

Truth to that:

NE won 28-14, 38-14 and 38-7

Pitt won 34-7, 26-3 and 37-16

Dallass won 45-35, 37-20 and 34-10

Good teams put sorry teams away.

Was won 16-13, 20-12 and lost 24-17.

Can anyone who is drinking the cool-aid honestly consider us a good team. don't get me wrong, I'm glad as hell we're 2-1 and the season is not lost. I just see other teams with the killer instinct to put lesser teams away and we don't do it. We win on dropped passes, coin flips and 4th down goal line stands.

It's not that we lost. It's who we lost to and how. worst defense in the league shut us down in the 2nd half in our own house. That's what's bothering people. Dallass put up 45 and Green Bay 35. We put up 17. Something wrong with that picture. I bet Philly puts up a 30 spot on them next week.

On one hand you could say "that's football". But on the other hand you could say "that's what I've grown accustomed to after 10-plus years of mediocrity or playing flat-out bad football".

Unfortunately this is the same thing we've seen from the Skins over and over again for over the last decade. Win a big game, then follow it up with a crushing loss to an obviously weaker opponent.

Is it just one game? Yes. Are the Skins still 2-1 with more than a good chance to get better and put together a good season? Yes. It's just troublesome because yesterday felt like 10 years of frustration summed up in 30 minutes of football.

One other thing that really bothered me: Think about how many close games we have been in since Gibbs came back. You know... the ones that come down to the last possession where we have one last chance at the end zone. Well, you would think after SO many games that come down to the same things, that we would be prepared and organized in that situation.

Nope. Instead the team is still running around like chickens with thier heads cut off seemingly not knowing what to do or just outright panicking. Spiking the ball when it isn't necessary, calling the same two plays in a row ahead of time because they don't think they have enough time to call a different one when they actually did, not having thier best players on the field on a game deciding play... the list goes on and on.

You would really think by now they would know how to conduct themselves in that type of situation, but they don't. And they need to get it fixed. Pronto. But they haven't done it in 3-plus years, so what causes me to believe they'll just suddenly figure it out now?

Man, good rant but I can't believe that this is coming from the guy who started this thread:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211842

What is the major difference between this week and the last 2? Sure, we blew a bigger lead. Week 1 we won the coin toss to go into overtime, week 2 McNabb couldn't complete a pass try to tie the game up. McNabb did what our offense did against the Giants really except he moved the ball down field the entire 2nd half.

Let's hear it man. I ***** too but I wasn't starting threads calling the entire board out either. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:notworthy

Please. This team has been mediocre for about 15 years. Yesterdays loss is the kind of loss we've had to suffer through for most of those 15 years. We could have all but eliminated the Giants yesterday, but we didn't. Then to make matters worse, I watch the Cowboys systematically take apart the Bears defense in Chicago.
:notworthy :applause:

I agree 100%! You gotta be kidding to telll us to stop whining with this team. They had an opportunity to get out of the crap they have been for the last decade and a half. They were right on the verge of 3 and 0 going into a bye!! Do you know how many times we have done that in the last 20 years?? It was right in front of us. At home, 2 and 0 possible in the division, undefeated, bury the giants etc etc etc. (you have to be absolutely blind to not see how important this game was). and you self destruct wih a 17 to 3 lead at half??? Don't whine?? Are you serious?

Its a fine line. I understand what you are saying. Look, Ill preface every statement I make with "I love the Redskins" if it helps ( and I believe Joe Gibbs stays til he quits if I am king of the world) but he is explaining what he was thinking by having Ladell betts in there instead of Portis and he is flat out lying to us. I love the man but cmon, anyone in their right mind knows that Portis HAS TO at least be on the field!!! He is a decoy if nothing else. You can't line up with Ladell Betts in short yardage goal line situation and give it him with portis on the sideline. Thats insane!!! I would have been impressed if they playactioned ladell there but actually giving it to him? Geez. How many times did you see cooley trying to block (poorly I might add) Michael Strahan!!!??? How come I see Thrash in the slot so much? How hurt is smoot?? Is carlos Rodgers that bad??? I mean this was an awful awful loss. I would never say get rid of Gibbs or Campbell at this point in his career but its just so disheartening to lose like that, at home. . . to the giants. . . before a bye. . . . for the division lead. . . did I mention Giants were winless? . . . . did you see philly? . . . how bout dallas? . . . . its bad. Real bad.

Archived