Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

sellers instead of betts

SKINchiefer

I totally agree, I don't want to see betts running the ball in the red zone, period. He is an open field back, not a TD machine. Portis has all those TD's in his career for a reason and our coaches act like they are the same guy. I would have been happy with sellers giving it a try, but CP should get those carries every time.

I totally agree, I don't want to see betts running the ball in the red zone, period. He is an open field back, not a TD machine. Portis has all those TD's in his career for a reason and our coaches act like they are the same guy. I would have been happy with sellers giving it a try, but CP should get those carries every time.

couldnt agree with you more. i dont know why our coaches think they're the same guy/runner

Something was wrong with CP. He was sucking air on the sideline for almost the entire second half. He couldn't catch his wind or something. I'm not sure.

When you see players sucking air, that doesn't mean they are tired (even though they could be) usually players do that to get more energy (from what I was told).

anyone think sellers shouldve pounded the rock on that last play or 2. i thnk even portis' acceleration couldve been enough to get in the endzone...i may be wrong.

Yes. And you are right. A 300 lb. man up the gut at the 1 has to get in.

But the playcalling was poor, IMO. Spiking the ball with plenty of time for the reason of getting your Jumbo package in, and allowing the Giants to get their Jumbo defense in, was a bad decision. It gave them a breather, instead of slamming it in on a winded defense. No excuse for it. Especially not at home. Especially not with this coaching staff. But we're the Redskins, and we've come to expect these types of things. (Like three straight penalities last week in Philly before Coach Andy decided to feel sorry for us and call a time out and give us a shot at a TD). It's hard to watch. :2cents:

First off, doing a run to the outside (on the short side of the field) two plays in a row is ****ing retarded. It is so simple to just do a FB dive right up the gut with a 250+ guy. Its almost an automatic touchdown. Saunders should be beaten and fired after such horrible play calls

I'm convinced Saunders didn't call those plays....those plays are vintage Gibbs II.

Yeah, no idea why sellers didn't get the ball in that situation, why else do we have a man of that size, absolutely ridiculous. On one of those downs I would have liked to seen campbell roll out (similar to what he did on the incompletion to sellers) and have the opportunity to run it in.

55 seconds is an eternity. Mistake one was spiking the ball. There was so much time left, just get composed and set and run a play in the middle, spike it on second down if it doesn't work the first time and you really feel out time is running out...but it wasn't.

the roll out play only works if people believe you're gonna run it with the clock moving, and the Giants D didn't sell out for the run.

From there, I would have given it to Sellers or have JC sneak it two damn times. If you can't pound it in from a yard against a reeling defense, its pointless anyway. Running sideways is a bad call when you need 3 feet.

First of all CP should of been in the game after Skins spiked the ball. Second if Betts had any kind of vision he HAD A TD on 3rd down if he followed Sellers!! watch the highlights again....Betts has no vision plain and simple. On 4th down Betts trips...which is a sign of nervousness and being timid

I was impressed with Campbell...he made a hell of throw to get us on the 1 yd line.

Archived