Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"THEY said it" Area Eagle fans' voice their opinion on the state of the team and MNF

praise_gibbs

:rotflmao: Some gems in here folks.

It's halftime and I've seen enough to know I don't want to see anymore!

If the Eagles lose this game, I think the fans will be looking to have Donovan McNabb's head on a platter - with Andy Reid to keep him company.

Why miss a good night's sleep? Maybe there will be good news in The Press in the morning!

--Swee****er, NJ

It's halftime and the Phillies have more runs than the Birds have points. At least the Phils are winning!

Enough.

I'll read about it later. This is not worth staying up for.

--Absecon, NJ

It is halftime and we are losing 10-6. Donovan McNabb has not shown me anything that would say he has completely recovered from his knee injury. His throws have been off target and too hard to handle.

The defense is not really looking that great either. I hope the second half brings about better football.

And remember, folks, Tampa Bay won Sunday with Jeff Garcia and Jeremiah Trotter.

--Seaville, NJ

Wow, what an offense!

If fields goals were the ultimate goal, we would go 6-10 (maybe).

Time to face facts, Andy you need touchdowns to win in this league and the way this offense looks, we are in trouble. We will go nowhere with "Done-Again" McNabb,

We stink!

-- Northfield, NJ

The pallbearers carrying Pavarotti's casket moved better than the Eagles' defensive backs.

--Ventnor, NJ

Well, I guess it was a little naive to think that the punt return unit was our only problem.

After watching the Patriots tear up the Chargers last night, I think it's safe to say that the Eagles have a long way to go before they have a remote chance of winning any championship.

When the Eagles drafted Kevin Kolb as their first pick this year, I sensed a quarterback controversy somewhere down the line.

But I never thougt that it would happen just two games into the season.

Those final two passes to Kevin Curtis summed up the game -- but hopefully not the Eagles' season.

--Galloway Township, NJ

I can't take it anymore! Thank God for David Akers or we would not have any points. Andy Reid may have to go if the offense can't do better

--Cape May, NJ

Losing in the NFC is bad. Losing to a divison rival at home is inexcusable. At this point the Eagles are a sub-.500 team and will not make the playoffs.

We might be seeing the end of an era. Someday soon, they are going to take the clipboard out of Kevin Kob's hands and toss him a football. The only question is when.

--Mays Landing, NJ

Better coach, better QB, better team tonight, so what would you expect other than a loss? Let's hope the Andy Reid-Donvovan McNabb combo gets its act together real soon or a long season awaits.

--Egg Harbor Township, NJ

I am not sure what was worse -- Donovan McNabb, Andy Reid, the lack of the football or watching those four announcers in the booth not even paying attention to the game.

Sorry, but that was not a professional football game. It is really going to be a long season. Words cannot describe how bad the team is right now

--Linwood, NJ

Donovan McNabb is just not ready to play football. The Eagles may be better off with Kevin Kolb. The defense was not at its best either.

It's 11:15 p.m. and Washington just scored another TD, so I am off to bed.

--North Cape May, NJ

It's a sad commentary when ESPN guest commentator Charles Barkley turns in a better performance than the Eagles.

The offense was inept for the second week in a row. The Eagles' defense made the Redskins' Jason Campbell look like a Pro Bowl quarterback.

The Eagles look like a team that's still playing preseason football. The problem is that the regular season already started.

--Linwood, NJ

The Redskins came to Philadelphia to ambush the Eagles.

During the game, Andy Reid held his clipboard close to his body. Maybe it was because he was afraid that the Washington head coach would steal his plays. Does Joe Gibbs take lessons from Bill Belichick?

--Vineland, NJ

Are you kidding me? Not a single touchdown?

Plainly, this game was painful to watch. The receivers couldn't get any seperation, and Donovan McNabb oftentimes looked like a rookie. I needed an abacus in order to add upp all of the poor throws, missed tackles, and questionable play-calls.

The only thing that may have been as bad or worse was the commentary. Ron Jaworski identified the Redskins linebackers as being "fast and quick". Hit the reset button, Ron. They mean the same thing.

Then, Mike Tirico informed us that Reid's sons is "incarcerated and in jail". Apparently, last night was Synonym Night at the Linc. Did all fans 14-and-under receive a thesaurus?

--Hammonton, NJ

The Eagles played horrendous -- poor execution, poor coaching again, poor offensive line play, poor receiveing.

The Eagles have had 23 possessions this season with only one touchdown. Our receivers just don't know how to seperate themselves from the receivers.

Do we miss T.O. and Donte' Stallworth?

--Reverend from Ventnor, NJ

Well, nothing makes my night more than looking at the paper, seeing the Cowboys had another big win, and then watch the Eagles lose another game to a so-so team. The Eagles are so bad they even helped me win my fantasy football because Donovan McNabb stunk up the field.

Way to go, Birds -- 0-2!

--Mays Landing, NJ

I think I might have broken my ankle jumping off the bandwagon so quickly.

It's evident that Donovan McNabb isn't operating at 100 percent, but what's also clear is that the receiveing corps, isn't close to 100 percent without Donte' Stallworth or a legit number 1 wideout.

Disappointingly, L.J. Smith hasn't emerged as a reliable target to compensate.

--Hammonton, NJ

When your baseball team outscores the football team, you know your offense is in trouble.

The Eagles do not have a receiver who is fast enough to stretch the defense. They sure miss a Stallworth/Owens type of receiver. We were told Kevin Curtis was that type, but he is not. The defenders had no trouble keeping up with him.

Be that as it may, Curtis did get open to score and McNabb missed him.

Could be a long season!

--Sea Isle City, NJ

"The Redskins came to Philadelphia to ambush the Eagles.

During the game, Andy Reid held his clipboard close to his body. Maybe it was because he was afraid that teh Washington head coach would steal his plays. Does Joe Gibbs take lessons from Bill Belichick?

--Vineland, NJ"

Tell me this retard didn't just accuse Joe Gibbs of potentially cheating. OMG!! :laugh:

"The Redskins came to Philadelphia to ambush the Eagles.

During the game, Andy Reid held his clipboard close to his body. Maybe it was because he was afraid that teh Washington head coach would steal his plays. Does Joe Gibbs take lessons from Bill Belichick?

--Vineland, NJ"

Tell me this retard didn't just accuse Joe Gibbs of potentially cheating. OMG!! :laugh:

Yeah, I was cracking up when I read that. For dudes sake, I am hoping that he was joking.

One would hope. LOL!

I found out early today that last year, Gibbs got a TEN THOUSAND dollar fine for referring to a couple of "mystery calls" that the referees made.

Umm...Mr. Goodell......a 10000 dollar fine on Jesus' right hand man might not be good way to get on the good side of the man upstairs.

I found out early today that last year, Gibbs got a TEN THOUSAND dollar fine for referring to a couple of "mystery calls" that the referees made.

Umm...Mr. Goodell......a 10000 dollar fine on Jesus' right hand man might not be good way to get on the good side of the man upstairs.

Joe Gibbs doesn't have to cheat. Jesus is standing on the other side of the field cheating for him. :laugh:

Nice. I think you need to include yourself in that group as well. Or should I pluck a few gems from the game thread last night? ;)

The ones where I was fussing about posters fussing?

YOU should know.......I have watched you for years!!!

:laugh: :laugh:

Remember the streaker one year when we were losing.....and someone asked.....who was that......and I said.......Potato Sack...he is gonna run the ball himself.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The ones where I was fussing about posters fussing?

YOU should know.......I have watched you for years!!!

:laugh: :laugh:

Remember the streaker one year when we were losing.....and someone asked.....who was that......and I said.......Potato Sack...he is gonna run the ball himself.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Should I remind you of the one where you broke a rule last night and you placed asterisks in place of your expletives? I got suspended for that. Perhaps you should suspend yourself. But, then again, it's just the other posters, correct?

I'll admit that I've had my fair share of posts. But that doesn't make you above anyone. You're human too. Just remember that.

Should I remind you of the one where you broke a rule last night and you placed asterisks in place of your expletives? I got suspended for that. Perhaps you should suspend yourself. But, then again, it's just the other posters, correct?

???????

Lighten up gertrude.

Astericks ARE what take place of expletives.

Like always.

Don't they??

Oh and the Potato Sack on the field a few years ago was a joke.

We all laughed in the game thread.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This was pretty funny:

'The only thing that may have been as bad or worse was the commentary. Ron Jaworski identified the Redskins linebackers as being "fast and quick". Hit the reset button, Ron. They mean the same thing.

Then, Mike Tirico informed us that Reid's sons is "incarcerated and in jail". Apparently, last night was Synonym Night at the Linc. Did all fans 14-and-under receive a thesaurus?'

I'll add one. The Redskins won last night and the Eagle's lost.

:)

:logo:

???????

Lighten up gertrude.

Astericks ARE what take place of expletives.

Like always.

Don't they??

Oh and the Potato Sack on the field a few years ago was a joke.

We all laughed in the game thread.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hey, I laugh at your jokes even if they're at my expense. Trust me, I'm a lot more tolerable than you might think. :cheers:

Reading that makes me glad I live in Central NJ and not farther south. Notice all of those meatheads were from NJ, not PA. :doh:

I am from South Jersey. And they were in NJ and not PA is because they are from my local newspaper.

Notice the one level headed guy was from MY town, EHT. :)

Better coach, better QB, better team tonight, so what would you expect other than a loss? Let's hope the Andy Reid-Donvovan McNabb combo gets its act together real soon or a long season awaits.

--Egg Harbor Township, NJ

I'll admit that I've had my fair share of posts. But that doesn't make you above anyone. You're human too. Just remember that.

I think you misunderstood Blondie's post, Sack. She was being friendly. Someone needs a nap.

Archived