Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TRPB's week 2 NFC power rankings

TonyRomoProBowl

i give credit for the raod win in philly...but the fact is they are both horrid teams right now

no reach, just the truth.

This isn't what you said about the Eagles and Mcflab along w/ the Giants in the preseason.

Let me refresh your memory......just a sec to find it.

You even started a THREAD talking about your thoughts on the Eagles and Giants, and don't even bring up your final predictions of the East b/c I'm sure 2wks into the Regular season that story has changed as well.

Damn McNugget looked really good. I know its preseason, but i was waiting to see how he'd look after the ACL. He was MOBILE, and he MADE ALL THE THROWS. This has to put the Eagles in the lead for the NFCE race. I had picked the Giants months ago in the thread pre draft predictions, but now that i have seen Mcnabb, I would say that the Eagles are the fav's!

Don't be upset if nobody knows what your real predictions are now. Its changing weekly now.

Where are we ranked now?

What about the Giants, did they just go from your 1st #1 fav to the bottom in 2 regular season games?

As the NFC east predictions change by TRPB :cheers:http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207072

Originally Posted by TonyRomoProBowl

Get a life.

Says the Cowboys fan who posts on a Redskins board .......

Says the Redskins fan who posts on the Cowboys on a Redskins board.....

The majority of his posts somehow concern his favorite team, the Cowboys. Funny, but the majority of your posts on the Redskins board(s) probably concern the Cowboys too. hmmm.....who needs to get a life?

TR1 will never re address this issue. He dosnt have the gull to come back and argue the point....because he has no point. He is basing his statement on absolutly nothing and he knows it. That is why I asked him to just admit that he in fact said that Romo sits to pee was a dink and dunk to just incite Dallas fans. Because he has no proof otherwise....but it is TR1, and he has never been able to accept reality, he would rather just live in the world of TR1....which is one scary place to be.

Slogriff........you did a great job charting this and making your point, and did a great job of wording your post to prove TR1 that he has no facts in his suggestion That Dallas and Romo sits to pee "Dink and Dunk"

Tek....all your going to do is spur the anti stats inc people. But i love the facts you presented. I was pulling my hair out in frustration about this......but then again, I have no idea why i put any thought into a TR1 Cowboys opinion. He also said the Skins offense is "better" then the Cowboys offense......I should have known from that moment that he was just putting things out there for the fun of it.

his Passes of over 25 yards and his WR not being in the top 20 for YAC...is the nail that ended his run of false assumptions.

Thanks guys!

:laugh: :laugh:

You are infatuated with me, aren't you big boy... :laugh: :laugh:

Hey, I'm happily married...to a woman...sorry big fella...

Originally Posted by TonyRomoProBowl

Get a life.

Says the Redskins fan who posts on the Cowboys on a Redskins board.....

The majority of his posts somehow concern his favorite team, the Cowboys. Funny, but the majority of your posts on the Redskins board(s) probably concern the Cowboys too. hmmm.....who needs to get a life?

What? :laugh:

The lady doth protest too much, methinks

Look around. This is MY board. If I want to post about the Cowboys all day long, I'm still doing it on MY board. YOU'RE posting about YOUR team on MY BOARD. Think about that for a whole minute.

Why don't you go ahead and count all of my posts on this board. See how many of them directly concern the Cowboys. I'll wait for the results.

What? :laugh:

The lady doth protest too much, methinks

Look around. This is MY board. I know this is YOUR board. I have previously expressed my appreciation of being able to come on the ATL and read/post on the Cowboys or football in general.

If I want to post about the Cowboys all day long, I'm still doing it on MY board. YOU'RE posting about YOUR team on MY BOARD. Think about that for a whole minute. It is definitely your perogative to post all day long about the Cowboys. It wouldn't be the ATL if you and other Skin's fans didn't. I also think many skins fans would be disappointed if there weren't Cowboys fans to join you in those Cowboy discussions/fights.

I think the difference I have with you and some others is on what we are individually focusing upon. My primary emphasis is upon the content of the posting. Whereas, many skins fans seem more concerned about where it is being posted. Being told I need to get a life because I am posting about the Cowboys in the Stadium or maybe a Charger forum where they could care less about the Boys, make sense to me.

I'm perplexed by skin's fans that wonder why a Cowboy fan would be in a forum that consistently discusses the Boys. I don't go into a Redskin forum (ie Stadium) and talk Skins. I spend my time where my team is being discussed (by cowboy fans or not). Your in a forum where your team is not to be spoken, yet you ask Cowboy fans why they're here talking about the Cowboys. To me it seems more logical the question be reversed. Why are you here talking cowboys and not in a forum talking about your own team?

Why don't you go ahead and count all of my posts on this board. See how many of them directly concern the Cowboys. I'll wait for the results.

Although your posts are very informative, I'm not overly interested in re-reading your many posts, some of them for the second time. FYI, I did look at your last 200 posts over the past month and you posted more frequently in the non-skins forum than the skins one. ATL-93 Stadium- 87. Interpret that however you like.

Bottom line is probably.... You don't know why I would be on this forum talking Cowboys and I wonder the same about you.

This isn't what you said about the Eagles and Mcflab along w/ the Giants in the preseason.

Let me refresh your memory......just a sec to find it.

You even started a THREAD talking about your thoughts on the Eagles and Giants, and don't even bring up your final predictions of the East b/c I'm sure 2wks into the Regular season that story has changed as well.

Don't be upset if nobody knows what your real predictions are now. Its changing weekly now.

Where are we ranked now?

What about the Giants, did they just go from your 1st #1 fav to the bottom in 2 regular season games?

As the NFC east predictions change by TRPB :cheers:http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207072

I dont shy away from that. I was dead wrong about the Giants....and McFlabb did look good. And i said, if this is how good he is going to play then they have to be the favs of the division. Thats why predictions are hard to do, and i have never EVER been able to get one right. But weekly rankings reflect teams progress week to week.

Do you think the Eagles will be fighting for the div ti9tle this year?

You are infatuated with me, aren't you big boy... :laugh: :laugh:

Hey, I'm happily married...to a woman...sorry big fella...

Another blatent side step of the topic. Way to go TR1.

So becasaue you make an outragous claim that YOU cant back up, and others show facts to back up their case against your outragous claim, and you ignore it and i ask for answers you decide its infatuation.......

Dude your on a fan forum where debates and posting back n forth to eachother with facts and explainations is the norm. Your not being very smart here, and its prolly cause you made the claim without any thought of the truth. The truth hurts.

I know this is YOUR board. I have previously expressed my appreciation of being able to come on the ATL and read/post on the Cowboys or football in general.

It is definitely your perogative to post all day long about the Cowboys. It wouldn't be the ATL if you and other Skin's fans didn't. I also think many skins fans would be disappointed if there weren't Cowboys fans to join you in those Cowboy discussions/fights.

I think the difference I have with you and some others is on what we are individually focusing upon. My primary emphasis is upon the content of the posting. Whereas, many skins fans seem more concerned about where it is being posted. Being told I need to get a life because I am posting about the Cowboys in the Stadium or maybe a Charger forum where they could care less about the Boys, make sense to me.

I'm perplexed by skin's fans that wonder why a Cowboy fan would be in a forum that consistently discusses the Boys. I don't go into a Redskin forum (ie Stadium) and talk Skins. I spend my time where my team is being discussed (by cowboy fans or not). Your in a forum where your team is not to be spoken, yet you ask Cowboy fans why they're here talking about the Cowboys. To me it seems more logical the question be reversed. Why are you here talking cowboys and not in a forum talking about your own team?

Although your posts are very informative, I'm not overly interested in re-reading your many posts, some of them for the second time. FYI, I did look at your last 200 posts over the past month and you posted more frequently in the non-skins forum than the skins one. ATL-93 Stadium- 87. Interpret that however you like.

Bottom line is probably.... You don't know why I would be on this forum talking Cowboys and I wonder the same about you.

You still don't get it. If you're claiming I have no life because I post about the Cowboys, or whatever subject at all strikes my fancy at the time, then you really need to look in the mirror. You're posting about hte Cowboys on a REDSKINS BOARD.

Of course you're not gonna post about them in the stadium. It's not allowed. That's what the ATN IS FOR. Except, the ATN isnt't for Cowboys fans to post about the Cowboys, it's for the REDSKINS FANS to post about the rest of the NFL. See how that works? We like a little order around here. We also don't ignore the rest of the division because we're Redskins fans. We talk about the Cowboys (a team AROUND THE NFL ) because they're topical. Just like if you look around, the Giants, Patriots, Eagles and other teams are.

The fact that you can't grasp that I'm posting about the Cowboys in this part of our forum is normal, and that you posting about the Cowboys in OUR FORUM isn't, isn't something that I can help you with. Furthermore, the "get a life" phrase easily applies to you in this case, and not me, since I'm using the board as it was designed to be used.

I find it hilarious that you can't grasp this simple concept, meanwhile you're trying really hard to make your post seem really intelligent. Your grammar can't hide your basic lack of understanding. :)

PS, if you look at my origninal comment to TRPB, you'll notice that you and he both overreacted a whole lot, considering that my comment was a joke. If you need me to explain it I'll do that for you.

On topic, guys, if Romo sits to pee is # 6 in the NFL as for as YAC, and none of his receivers show up on top of the list of YAC receivers, then wouldn't tell me that so far he's just spread the ball around a lot? Am I missing something?

You don't get 224 of 531 YAC after two games if you're not getting a lot of YAC by your receivers.

Compare JC, who has 148 YAC out of 431 total.

On topic, guys, if Romo sits to pee is # 6 in the NFL as for as YAC, and none of his receivers show up on top of the list of YAC receivers, then wouldn't tell me that so far he's just spread the ball around a lot? Am I missing something?

You don't get 224 of 531 YAC after two games if you're not getting a lot of YAC by your receivers.

Compare JC, who has 148 YAC out of 431 total.

Have you fellas actually watched the games?

JC is averaging 10.1 yards per completion... this does not include YAC.

Romo sits to pee is averaging 10.5 yards per completion... this does not include YAC.

So.. if Romo sits to pee is dinking and dunking.. then JC is too. And, how in the world does someone dink and dunk and average 10.5 yards per completion?

Have you fellas actually watched the games?

JC is averaging 10.1 yards per completion... this does not include YAC.

Romo sits to pee is averaging 10.5 yards per completion... this does not include YAC.

So.. if Romo sits to pee is dinking and dunking.. then JC is too. And, how in the world does someone dink and dunk and average 10.5 yards per completion?

B/c TEK, and once again simple logic elludes you, Romo sits to pee had one game of an insane 14.4 YPA. He followed that up with a very Mark Brunell-esque 48% comp. 6.8 YPA effort against a much tougher defense in Miami then he faced against the Giants. Against that same Miami defense Campbell had a 10.7 YPA, and 57% completion percentage.

And yes he did throw 2 picks, so don't bother changing the arguement there.

He followed that up with a very Mark Brunell-esque 48% comp. 6.8 YPA effort against a much tougher defense in Miami then he faced against the Giants. Against that same Miami defense Campbell had a 10.7 YPA, and 57% completion percentage.

Mr. DinkAndDunk has had a good game and a below average game...he's just an average qb.

And, since I didn't get a link to the methodology from TEK, let me ask point blank...those dropped passes...were they 20-30 yards down field or in the dink and dunk range? Now, I didn't see the game, but I heard there were a lot of drops in the dink and dunk range.

B/c TEK, and once again simple logic elludes you, Romo sits to pee had one game of an insane 14.4 YPA. He followed that up with a very Mark Brunell-esque 48% comp. 6.8 YPA effort against a much tougher defense in Miami then he faced against the Giants. Against that same Miami defense Campbell had a 10.7 YPA, and 57% completion percentage.

And yes he did throw 2 picks, so don't bother changing the arguement there.

Romo sits to pee should have had 3 ints, but got lucky the 'phins couldn't handle any of his mistakes

Tony Romo sits to pee is a good QB but he's not a game changing QB the like of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. His stats look great because he would appear all world against bad defenses but he is very mediocre against good defenses. He's the type of QB that can get you 10 wins but when the playoff and championship game come he will struggle. He sort of remind me of Mark Brunell during his time in Jacksonville minus the scrambling ability.

You still don't get it. If you're claiming I have no life because I post about the Cowboys, or whatever subject at all strikes my fancy at the time, then you really need to look in the mirror. You're posting about hte Cowboys on a REDSKINS BOARD.

The fact that you can't grasp that I'm posting about the Cowboys in this part of our forum is normal, and that you posting about the Cowboys in OUR FORUM isn't, isn't something that I can help you with. Furthermore, the "get a life" phrase easily applies to you in this case, and not me, since I'm using the board as it was designed to be used.

I find it hilarious that you can't grasp this simple concept, meanwhile you're trying really hard to make your post seem really intelligent. Your grammar can't hide your basic lack of understanding. :)

There is plenty of "lack of understanding" about the other person's view on both of our sides. I think it is very "normal" to read/post about my favorite team in an appropriate forum like ATL (a non-skin forum on a skin board). You question why I post or even should be allowed to post here. I read/post here because I enjoy talking about the Cowboys/NFCE (like you) and believe the board was set up to allow that as long as I do so in a respectful and non-trolling manner.

From Bubba9497's post of a couple days ago, it seems he would agree with that since you cant debate/argue/harass Cowboy fans if were not here.

QUOTE]

......that is your sole opinion, not mine, nor many Skin fans who visit the ATN forum to debate, argue, and harass Poke, Eagle, and Giant fans

2-S.F at 2-0 they look to be for real. I know both games were close, but they still got the W's

Just can't put SF up here. They are a Frank Gore injury away from being an 6-10 team. Their QB is getting what, 126 yards a game. A good run defense would shut SF down completely. I would elevate the Cowboys, the Packers, and the Skins all above SF right now. Better balance overall.

Mr. DinkAndDunk has had a good game and a below average game...he's just an average qb.

And, since I didn't get a link to the methodology from TEK, let me ask point blank...those dropped passes...were they 20-30 yards down field or in the dink and dunk range? Now, I didn't see the game, but I heard there were a lot of drops in the dink and dunk range.

Debating w/o any stats, no links, or even seeing the last game. I can tell you he had incompletions of 29, 32 and 33 yrds.

This is a link to the list of qbs...click on Romo sits to pee and there is NOTHING there about YAC.

You aren't making these stats up are you?

Nothing is made up. How about just one stat to support your argument?

Dude, see above....what facts?

A link to nowhere and a puke fan who says he reviewed the game and made some stats up.

Pathetic.

But funny... :laugh:

TEK2000 link worked fine for me. Are you pretending that it doesn't work for you because the stats prove you wrong?

http://shsdemo.stats.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFL&type=Passing&rank=230&year=

Link takes you to passers total YAC. You can take that yardage/by #completions to get avg YAC. Then get total yds thrown/#completions to get YPC. YPC - avg YAC = avg distance pass travels when caught. The best stat to determine if qb "dinks and doinks".

Romo sits to pee is 18.3 - 7.7 = 10.6yds (ypc - avg yac = distance of pass). I expect that is one of the highest in the NFL. Feel free to do all the math to prove it isn't. The easier comparison is his "distance of pass" vs others avg. YPC. As my following post showed his "pass distance" was as good or better than most qbs entire YPC. Also added he is #5 in % of passes going for 1st downs and the lack of numerous receptions by RBs (just 5 in 2 games) to rebuke Romo sits to pee being Mr Dinkanddunk.

I must have missed your response last week on your clarification of "dink and doink" or now I guess it is "dinkanddunk". The stats last week didn't support that type of game from Romo sits to pee week#1. So let's continue to update some stats.

Through 2 weeks, by far leads the league the league in YPC at 18.3. Must be all YAC since you state he is the most dependent on YAC of any quarterback in the league. So lets again look at how the YPC break down (yds from LOS + YAC = YPC)

Romo sits to pee completions avg 10.7 yds from LOS + 7.6 YAC = 18.3 YPC

Let's look at who's avg YPC is <11 yds. Kitna, Green, Farve, Brees, McNabb, Leinhart, McCown, Rivers, Huard, T.Jackson, Grossman, Young, A. Smith, Losman, Boller, McNair, Pennington. Romo sits to pee's avg. comp from LOS is as good or better than 17 other QBs avg YPC!!

Sorry, I was off by 0.1yds on the pass distance on my previous post. Having to personally chart the throws is not an exact science. I would post a link to the avg qb YPC but can't find one. Feel free to join me in doing the math and prove me wrong.

Archived