Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TRPB's week 2 NFC power rankings

TonyRomoProBowl

It was a mix bag. The Eagles D-line was very poor and the skins O-line is brillant (sp?) I tell you what, I had them rated as one of if not THE BEST line when all 5 are healthy, so i thought for sure they would be really screwed if injured, but to credit Bugel, the Line looks good even with Wade and Fabini :laugh:

Fabini:laugh: this cant work out good in the long run. I hated to see Thomas go down with an injury.....I hate injuries to the 100000000th degree....they just suck. But hey, the line looked really good. And i do not think they will be tested next week either.

The Redskins are going to stomp a mudhole in the ass of the Giants! I was not hoping for the best when Fabini came in, and immediately got 2 false start penalties, but he acquitted himself well.

And my, my, my that TD pass to Cooley was a thing of beauty. Anyone who wants to compare Campbell to Quincy Carter now? I didn't think so.

As far as your rankings, I'd take the Skins over Dallas. Dallas can score points, but they can't stop anyone. A grind-it-out, ball control team with a solid defense will beat them. They are very much the 1999 Redskins, w/o Stephen Davis.

Fabini:laugh: this cant work out good in the long run. I hated to see Thomas go down with an injury.....I hate injuries to the 100000000th degree....they just suck. But hey, the line looked really good. And i do not think they will be tested next week either.

The one nice thing is that he isn't playing tackle where he is more exposed. Fabini isn't half the player he was 4 years ago but he looked pretty good at guard last night.

The Redskins are going to stomp a mudhole in the ass of the Giants! I was not hoping for the best when Fabini came in, and immediately got 2 false start penalties, but he acquitted himself well.

And my, my, my that TD pass to Cooley was a thing of beauty. Anyone who wants to compare Campbell to Quincy Carter now? I didn't think so.

As far as your rankings, I'd take the Skins over Dallas. Dallas can score points, but they can't stop anyone. A grind-it-out, ball control team with a solid defense will beat them. They are very much the 1999 Redskins, w/o Stephen Davis.

oh yea, a win of huge proportion is in the Skins near future. No doubt.

Well thats your opinion, and ofcourse you would think that the skins are better then the Boys. Thats expected. I think right now its very VERY close, but we'll see. By next week the Skins will most likley jump them.

Campbell did throw a great pass, but he still has 3 INT's to 1 TD (isnt that the #1 stat for QB's the TD/INT ratio) and the pass that he juts threw 10 yards over Moss's head....well that was very Carter like. I dont know who's pass was worse in that game last night Campbells overthrow or McFlabbs flat out miss on Curtis at the goal line on the little square out. Man that was pitfull........and just so you all know i would bet that if the Eagles did score, they would not have made the 2 point conversion. So they were going to lose no matter how piss poor McFlabbs throw was.

The one nice thing is that he isn't playing tackle where he is more exposed. Fabini isn't half the player he was 4 years ago but he looked pretty good at guard last night.

yes and thats a good point. Some really bad Tackles can flurisgh back at gaurd when given another shot. Fabini settled down nicley. oh boy did he get away with a big hold on Campbells 20 yard run...but i counted 1/2 dozen holds by philly that went un-called so hey, you get what you get in this game.

Chicago isn't great this year, they have some ?'s and Benson isn't Jones, Tank is gone, Grossman is gross.

San Fran won 2 games they should have lost, they didn't steal them, the other team boneheaded them away.

So far even though their defense hasn't stopped anyone the:

Pukes have to be the #1 team.

Surprisingly Detroit is probably #2.

NO HOMER HERE) Redskins are #3.

Seahawks are #4.

Bucs are #5.

Bears are 6.

Packers are 7.

Panthers are 8.

49ers are 9.

Vikings are 10.

Cards are 11.

Saints are 12.

Eagles are 13.

Rams are 14.

Falcons are 15.

Giants are 16.

Of course things will change next week. Seattle could still be the best team. The Redskins could win the next 4 against mostly weaker teams. The Lions and Packers aren't very good teams at least IMO.

Campbell did throw a great pass, but he still has 3 INT's to 1 TD (isnt that the #1 stat for QB's the TD/INT ratio) and the pass that he juts threw 10 yards over Moss's head....well that was very Carter like. I dont know who's pass was worse in that game last night Campbells overthrow or McFlabbs flat out miss on Curtis at the goal line on the little square out. Man that was pitfull........and just so you all know i would bet that if the Eagles did score, they would not have made the 2 point conversion. So they were going to lose no matter how piss poor McFlabbs throw was.

So 2 bad passes. Yeah he missed Moss terribly. And he was victimized by three more dropped passes. So his percentage should have been better. The INT was a pretty bad pass. (And I still stand by if Brandon Lloyd had even 1/2 a testicle JC would be 2 TDs/ 2 INTs).

But I really think the stats lie here. Campbell not only threw the ball well, but made several huge plays with his feet.

Never compare Campbell to Carter again. It makes you look foolish!

3-0 here we come baby!

So 2 bad passes. Yeah he missed Moss terribly. And he was victimized by three more dropped passes. So his percentage should have been better. The INT was a pretty bad pass. (And I still stand by if Brandon Lloyd had even 1/2 a testicle JC would be 2 TDs/ 2 INTs).

But I really think the stats lie here. Campbell not only threw the ball well, but made several huge plays with his feet.

Never compare Campbell to Carter again. It makes you look foolish!

3-0 here we come baby!

come on Riggo, you call Romo sits to pee Furrotte and Grossman, its all good. Dont get all bent out of shape over it....and besides, Carter used to throw a pretty ball too then he would follow with an overthrow and a pick.......and he too would make great plays with his feet, thanks for helping me along with that..... and regardless of Lloydd or the drops it is what it is and what it is.....a 60 something rating and 3 picks to 1 TD ( a absolutly perfect throw) but still counts for just one score.

come on Riggo, you call Romo sits to pee Furrotte and Grossman, its all good. Dont get all bent out of shape over it....and besides, Carter used to throw a pretty ball too then he would follow with an overthrow and a pick.......and he too would make great plays with his feet, thanks for helping me along with that..... and regardless of Lloydd or the drops it is what it is and what it is.....a 60 something rating and 3 picks to 1 TD ( a absolutly perfect throw) but still counts for just one score.

Yeah I am a bit pumped up. Other then those 2 passes, Campbell played VERY VERY well, especially in such a hostile environment.

Not to mention, Romo sits to pee looked quite Brunell-esque against Miami ;)

Yeah I am a bit pumped up. Other then those 2 passes, Campbell played VERY VERY well, especially in such a hostile environment.

Not to mention, Romo sits to pee looked quite Brunell-esque against Miami ;)

sure he did. He completed a very low % of passes, but got the job done in the way of 2 TD's and looks good with his feet too........Brunell always completed a high rate of passes do to the dink and dun that he was perfroming, but he never looked as good as Romo sits to pee in 2006. Now in 2005 he did have a great season but last year he was pathetic, so thats foolish.

again, other then the 2 passes. He is still young and will get better, no doubt, but he is still following up with the bad. Will he get it all right by seasons end? Well we just dont know, but time will tell. He definitly has the arm strength and is a beast with his feet, but untill he stops throwing those picks and overthrows he is what he is. and he is a QB that has a rating in the 60's and a 3-1 INT/TD ratio. If that was Romo sits to pee, he would be the laughing stock of this forum, but i suspect that you know that.

sure he did. He completed a very low % of passes, but got the job done in the way of 2 TD's and looks good with his feet too........Brunell always completed a high rate of passes do to the dink and dun that he was perfroming, but he never looked as good as Romo sits to pee in 2006. Now in 2005 he did have a great season but last year he was pathetic, so thats foolish.

Hmmm, interesting take on Romo sits to pee's performance. Very interesing. You choose to focus on the positive rather then the negative.

again, other then the 2 passes.

So 2 bad passes make a bad game? I'll take 2 missed passes on the road in Philadelphia. And you are clinging to the worst stat for a QB -- the QB rating. Yes Campbell has thrown 2 bad INTs. But the good has far outweighed the bad. And I can't wait for him to get a hold of poor secondaries like New York and Dallas.

He is still young and will get better, no doubt, but he is still following up with the bad. Will he get it all right by seasons end? Well we just dont know, but time will tell. He definitly has the arm strength and is a beast with his feet, but untill he stops throwing those picks and overthrows he is what he is.

That'll come by seasons end. Campbell is already improving from game-to-game from what I have seen. He was MUCH better on the intermediate throws last night. And he won that game.

and he is a QB that has a rating in the 60's and a 3-1 INT/TD ratio. If that was Romo sits to pee, he would be the laughing stock of this forum, but i suspect that you know that.

Yes he would. But the difference is no one has been following Campbell around with a camera all off-season. No one was prediciting MVP-level numbers from Campbell. Campbell didn't get more attention then the Super-Bowl Winning MVP this past offseason.

And, there are several bad games coming up for Romo sits to pee. He has not played a legitamite opponent yet. While Miami's defense is solid, their offense blows. And 4 INTs handed them that game. (And Dallas defense STILL gave up 334 yards!) Their pass defense has given up 6 TDs in 2 games.

The issue with the Cowboys is not Romo sits to pee -- it's a terrible defense!

2-S.F at 2-0 they look to be for real. I know both games were close, but they still got the W's

bwahahahaha!!!! SF is in no way for real. Squeaking by two bad teams. By the way, Mike Nolan is their coach. He couldn't find his own ass in the dark with a flashlight.

Hmmm, interesting take on Romo sits to pee's performance. Very interesing. You choose to focus on the positive rather then the negative.

unlike you i mentioned his negative. I dont see it blindly....Romo sits to pee completed less the 50% of his passes and that was horrible. That needs to improve. He didnt get the ball to his wr's nearly enough for me. He did however have 2 TD's and ran out of trouble a few times. So far he has 6TD to 1 INT. Not too bad for a guy that everyone proclaimed a turnover machine.

So 2 bad passes make a bad game? I'll take 2 missed passes on the road in Philadelphia. And you are clinging to the worst stat for a QB -- the QB rating. Yes Campbell has thrown 2 bad INTs. But the good has far outweighed the bad. And I can't wait for him to get a hold of poor secondaries like New York and Dallas.

no two bad passes do not make the whole game, but overall he was average to below average. A piss porr half and a great half. you never know, next week you coul get two great halves....or two piss poor ones........you just dont know yet, because he is still going through the growing stage and is making far too many mistakes with the ball.

That'll come by seasons end. Campbell is already improving from game-to-game from what I have seen. He was MUCH better on the intermediate throws last night. And he won that game.

no he didnt "win the game" that really good Def. did.....and you know that. and yes he did improve from week 1. It would have been hard not to, i mean he would of hadto have a Joey Harrington type of game to be worse then last week. So you are correct, J.C was better this week and improved, but he is not up to the level of a solid QB yet.

Yes he would. But the difference is no one has been following Campbell around with a camera all off-season. No one was prediciting MVP-level numbers from Campbell. Campbell didn't get more attention then the Super-Bowl Winning MVP this past offseason.

Thats because one QB is really good and a possible MVP canadate and the other isnt.

And, there are several bad games coming up for Romo sits to pee. He has not played a legitamite opponent yet. While Miami's defense is solid, their offense blows. And 4 INTs handed them that game. (And Dallas defense STILL gave up 334 yards!) Their pass defense has given up 6 TDs in 2 games.

so now you got your crystal ball out. Tell me predicting master, whjat will Campbell do this week against the no show Def. of the NY football Giants?

Why is it, the skins dont get 4 ints handed to them? I mean dang, is the game fixed now? If your DB"s could catch you'd prolly have at least 2. Green threw one of the worst passes ever vs the Skins and Smoot dropped it....that not Dallas's fault. And Henry mad some good plays, not all those int's were "given"....matter of fact, none of them were. This is a game of football....where the negative people always want to say X team lost that game and the positive people will say X team won that game. Some will cry that Philly lost that game, but i wont. The Skins beat them and Mcflabb sucked. So call it a gift if you wish, but its odd that gifts rarley if ever happen to the Skins...and when they do, they cant catch the ball :laugh:

The issue with the Cowboys is not Romo sits to pee -- it's a terrible defense!

no chit. I have been sayin that all 2 weeks, and if it continues Dallas will win 8 games. But right now they have won 2 and lost 0. so far so good for them, even with a defense that cant cover.

mmmk TRPB, if you want to make this game out to be a huge challenge for the Cowboys, go right ahead. Just when you come on ES to gloat afterwards about what an amazing team you guys are, don't be surprised when a lot of fans here just yawn. The Bears are not what they have been, and Dallas can put up 21 or so on their defense.

mmmk TRPB, if you want to make this game out to be a huge challenge for the Cowboys, go right ahead. Just when you come on ES to gloat afterwards about what an amazing team you guys are, don't be surprised when a lot of fans here just yawn. The Bears are not what they have been, and Dallas can put up 21 or so on their defense.

Hey Rock, I am not gloating...I have said numerous times that the Boys Def. is killing them and if it continues they wont win much. Whether the Boys win or lose to the Bears will have no effect on my posting in this forum. I will be happy as all can be if they win, but i am not expecting them to and i sure as heck wont be bragging about it on a Skins forum!

TR, I wouldn't say Campbell is the same as Carter, because I remember Carter when he played at UGA. I would say Campbell has a better pedigree of a QB than Carter does. Carter used to throw a lot of arrant passes that didn't make any sense. With Campbell, that one INT he threw, was bad, and he threw it too late as well. His TD/INT ratio will improve as the season progresses. :2cents:

unlike you i mentioned his negative. I dont see it blindly....Romo sits to pee completed less the 50% of his passes and that was horrible. That needs to improve. He didnt get the ball to his wr's nearly enough for me. He did however have 2 TD's and ran out of trouble a few times. So far he has 6TD to 1 INT. Not too bad for a guy that everyone proclaimed a turnover machine.

Right Romo sits to pee is feast or famine. He has been known to do well against crappy defenses and then tank against good ones. Yes, he had a solid game, but you think maybe he was helped by 5 Miami turnovers? Just maybe?

no two bad passes do not make the whole game, but overall he was average to below average. A piss porr half and a great half. you never know, next week you coul get two great halves....or two piss poor ones........you just dont know yet, because he is still going through the growing stage and is making far too many mistakes with the ball.

Did you even watch the game? B/c clearly we saw two different players.

And I said Campbell has made some bad throws. He was horrible on intermidiate throws against Miami. Missing really badly. He missed Moss and threw a bad INT in Philly. But you're focusing on the fewer and fewer negative plays he's making even from last year. He more then made up for those throws with key throws to Cooley, Yoder, Moss, Randel-El. As well as made some huge plays with his feet.

If that was a "below-average," you're insane.

no he didnt "win the game" that really good Def. did.....and you know that. and yes he did improve from week 1. It would have been hard not to, i mean he would of hadto have a Joey Harrington type of game to be worse then last week. So you are correct, J.C was better this week and improved, but he is not up to the level of a solid QB yet.

He is a solid QB. Whether you like it or not. I think your homer-glasses as well as your fear have clouded your vision.

Thats because one QB is really good and a possible MVP canadate and the other isnt.

:laugh:

so now you got your crystal ball out. Tell me predicting master, whjat will Campbell do this week against the no show Def. of the NY football Giants?

250 yrds, 2 TDs. Would be more, but Betts and Portis are going to gash them, badly.

Why is it, the skins dont get 4 ints handed to them? I mean dang, is the game fixed now? If your DB"s could catch you'd prolly have at least 2. Green threw one of the worst passes ever vs the Skins and Smoot dropped it....that not Dallas's fault.

I love this argument "it's not Dallas' fault Smoot dropped the Int." No freaking ****. So typical to turn it around on the Skins. No the game isn't fixed. You clearly have a bug up your ass this morning. That was such a childish immature remark. Get it together.

And Henry mad some good plays, not all those int's were "given"....matter of fact, none of them were. This is a game of football....where the negative people always want to say X team lost that game and the positive people will say X team won that game. Some will cry that Philly lost that game, but i wont. The Skins beat them and Mcflabb sucked. So call it a gift if you wish, but its odd that gifts rarley if ever happen to the Skins...and when they do, they cant catch the ball :laugh:

And gifts never happen to the Cowboys, at least not in your mind. 5 turnovers. Romo sits to pee still only managed 186 passing yards, sub 50% comp. And Dallas still gave up 334 yards to a bad offense, wiht only 24 time of posession. That's not cause for worry?

no chit. I have been sayin that all 2 weeks, and if it continues Dallas will win 8 games. But right now they have won 2 and lost 0. so far so good for them, even with a defense that cant cover.

Redskins are 2-0 even with "below-average QB play." Which is quite possibly the dumbest thing you've ever said. He was below average in Miami, but if you think he was below-average in Philly, you really need to lay off the drugs.

Oh yeah and:

Miami > Giants

Philly > Miami

Right Romo sits to pee is feast or famine. He has been known to do well against crappy defenses and then tank against good ones. Yes, he had a solid game, but you think maybe he was helped by 5 Miami turnovers? Just maybe?

Did you even watch the game? B/c clearly we saw two different players.

And I said Campbell has made some bad throws. He was horrible on intermidiate throws against Miami. Missing really badly. He missed Moss and threw a bad INT in Philly. But you're focusing on the fewer and fewer negative plays he's making even from last year. He more then made up for those throws with key throws to Cooley, Yoder, Moss, Randel-El. As well as made some huge plays with his feet.

If that was a "below-average," you're insane.

He is a solid QB. Whether you like it or not. I think your homer-glasses as well as your fear have clouded your vision.

:laugh:

250 yrds, 2 TDs. Would be more, but Betts and Portis are going to gash them, badly.

I love this argument "it's not Dallas' fault Smoot dropped the Int." No freaking ****. So typical to turn it around on the Skins. No the game isn't fixed. You clearly have a bug up your ass this morning. That was such a childish immature remark. Get it together.

And gifts never happen to the Cowboys, at least not in your mind. 5 turnovers. Romo sits to pee still only managed 186 passing yards, sub 50% comp. And Dallas still gave up 334 yards to a bad offense, wiht only 24 time of posession. That's not cause for worry?

Redskins are 2-0 even with "below-average QB play." Which is quite possibly the dumbest thing you've ever said. He was below average in Miami, but if you think he was below-average in Philly, you really need to lay off the drugs.

Oh yeah and:

Miami > Giants

Philly > Miami

Miami = Miami

Philly = Giants

come on man, I will give the Skins props for winning on the road in the division, but that was a bad team. That teams was as bad as the Giants and you know it.

So Romo sits to pee sucked vs miami with 2 TD no INT's and 186 yds...and Campbell was above average with 1 pick 1 TD and 209 yds vs Philly? And i am on drugs......you would think that you would be in a better mood after a huge win by your favorite team.....but damg Riggo....

The smoot comment is right on the money. If he could catch then maybe your team would have had a gift and you coulda beaten Miami without OT :laugh::laugh: OT:laugh:

Henry made pays, and Roys pick was no gift. He came across the face of the reciever and made the play and Green had to throw it from the pressure. The pass would have been caught had it not been for Roy jumping across the WR's face. Th pick by Hamlin was just a horrid throw, and if Hamlin is not there its an incomplete...so thats a gift. The others were good plays. I know you have trouble understanding turnovers because you rarly see them....well you do, but those are by Cambell and of course is never his fault! 3 picks and 1 TD in two games is average?

TR, I wouldn't say Campbell is the same as Carter, because I remember Carter when he played at UGA. I would say Campbell has a better pedigree of a QB than Carter does. Carter used to throw a lot of arrant passes that didn't make any sense. With Campbell, that one INT he threw, was bad, and he threw it too late as well. His TD/INT ratio will improve as the season progresses. :2cents:

I am not comparring Campbell at Auburn vs Carter at Georgia...but the two are looking simular as NFL QB's. They both have good feet and strong arms, and they both have the ability to make the deep throw, but they both complete a low % of passes and more picks then TD's. Its gotta be frustrating for you guys to have 3 picks in two games. If he throws 2 vs the Giants you will hear a cry for Collins.....ok, maybe not, but it'd be pretty funny

Miami = Miami

Philly = Giants

come on man, I will give the Skins props for winning on the road in the division, but that was a bad team. That teams was as bad as the Giants and you know it.

So you're saying Philly in Philly is the same as the Giants team you beat in Dallas? :laugh:

I hope you stretched well before you made a reach like that, you might pull something.

So Romo sits to pee sucked vs miami with 2 TD no INT's and 186 yds...and Campbell was above average with 1 pick 1 TD and 209 yds vs Philly? And i am on drugs......you would think that you would be in a better mood after a huge win by your favorite team.....but damg Riggo....

Philly is a much better team the Miami. Philly is a much harder place to play then Miami. Philly didn't turn the ball over 5 times.

It's funny, I seem to recall Campbell getting ridiculed after his 19/34 197 2 TD performance against TB last year. Interesting that you now praise Romo sits to pee for worse numbers.

Didn't you just ridicule Campbell for "low percentage passes?" Isn't the presice game Romo sits to pee just played? That was an average game if I have ever seen one.

The smoot comment is right on the money. If he could catch then maybe your team would have had a gift and you coulda beaten Miami without OT :laugh::laugh: OT:laugh:

Oh I see, it was a "gift" Smoot made a great play on the ball. God that killed me.

Henry made pays, and Roys pick was no gift. He came across the face of the reciever and made the play and Green had to throw it from the pressure. The pass would have been caught had it not been for Roy jumping across the WR's face. Th pick by Hamlin was just a horrid throw, and if Hamlin is not there its an incomplete...so thats a gift. The others were good plays. I know you have trouble understanding turnovers because you rarly see them....well you do, but those are by Cambell and of course is never his fault! 3 picks and 1 TD in two games is average?

You really are having trouble with reading comprehension. I said 2 of those picks were horrible passes. Good God! Read. Top to bottom, left to right.I am saying his last game was average. I have said time and time again Romo sits to pee played great against the Giants.

you are so quick to praise Romo sits to pee for an average game, and curse Campbell, I think someone is afraid that the Redskins have a very good team, and stopping them with that pathetic defense is going to cause you some consertnation.

#10- Zona beat the Seahawks, not the Rams. The 49ers beat the Rams.

Good list. Couple teams are higher than I think they should be, couple teams are lower, but still good list.

Philly isn't as terrible as a couple on here are now saying. McNabb was a bit off, but some of that was due to pressure.

Campbell is improving with the accuracy, but that is still a bit of an issue. The INT last night was actually a result of the defnder jumping in front of JC and him having to wait for the defender's arms to lower. El should have moved in closer when he saw JC had to wait.

The next 5 weeks will tell a lot. Our games schedule then is much better than Dallas'. I think our team is better built to handle a whole season than Dallas. We'll see. The division is still obviously up for grabs, and I wouldn't count anybody out after just 2 weeks, even the Giants.

Archived