Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For those who want a solid #2WR....

BALLz

You could say that about anyone though. It could be that if he changes his mechanics, it will impact how he runs. Or, if he worries more about the ball, he could change the way he runs. I understand you point, and I don't think anyone is accusing you of hating on Cooley...the thing is, despite three years of this "problem," he's only lost one fumble. Thus, since it hasn't been a problem in three years, why would you assume it will become one?

You are right that the case can be made about a lot of players. That is why I personally think that the big deal made about YAC is a over rated and is often a double edge sword.

I never assumed it would become a problem but I would rather have 4 less yards and the ball than no ball.

It is not just the ones that end up on the ground. As he stretches out the ball is not secure in his hands.

Again love Cooley I am not saying he should change I am saying that there are times he is exposing the ball for a few more yards.

Gosh, remember how Walter Payton used to carry the ball? I'd say it's not a problem unless he really starts fumbling the ball.

Johnson is certainly intriguing. He's the right age. He's in a situation where he might be obtained for a reasonable price. There's the potential to get outstanding value. But I'd do a heck of a lot of research, though, and watch a ton of film. He's big, for sure. But does he actually use that size to his advantage? Is he physical? Is he good at using his body to shield defenders away from the ball. Can he go up and get the ball in a crowd? He's emerged as a deep threat in Arizona, but is he capable of making those tough catches over the middle? That, after all, seems to be the type of receiver missing from the Skins WR corps. They don't need another receiver to run fly patterns all the time.

Plus, is he really just unfortunate playing behind a couple of super-talented receivers? After all, would the Cards have even drafted Fitzgerald if Bryant was showing his potential. Was Fitzgerald was too good to pass up, or was Bryant a concern?

All questions that need to be answered.

Boldin and Johnson were taken in the same draft.

Living here in AZ I've had the (mis)fortune to see a lot of Johnson. Before last year he failed to meet expectations. He had a knack for dropping some of the easy ones. Last year he really stepped up his game and he could be a good fit for someone, but he really does profit from all the attention Fitz and Boldin get.

I don't recall seeing him ever draw double coverage.

I'm not saying he sucks, but I wouldn't anoint him as our FA target just yet.

WE ARE...PENN STATE!

I watched him live several times in college, and he was a beast. Now obviously the NFL is a different story, but he has produced solid numbers for a #3. He also might have not played up to his potential earlier after being placed 3rd on the depth chart and being a Mopey McGee. Maybe a change of scenery is all he needs.

I guess I watch a different game then the rest of the board. I am not saying he puts the ball on the ground like Tiki used to. I am saying that if you watch closely as he fights for those extra yards the ball is often not as secure as it should be and that it is exposed. I also see the ball loose at times as he goes to the ground. He maintains possession but the ball is still loose.

Why is it that fans have to blind themselves to reality. Yes he has only fumbled 3 times but there that does not mean there is not other opportunties to fumble.

People don't seem to get it that you can be love Cooley, CP, JC etc... and still criticize aspects of their game as a fan without being a hater.

Calm down some. I know what you are saying - just because someone doesn't get a speeding ticket doesn't mean they weren't speeding.

But the reality is that Chaos has 165 receptions, 19 TDs and only ONE lost fumble. He leads the NFL in YAC and, until there is a fumbling problem, I wouldn't change the man.

:helmet: The Rook

Boldin and Johnson were taken in the same draft.

Living here in AZ I've had the (mis)fortune to see a lot of Johnson. Before last year he failed to meet expectations. He had a knack for dropping some of the easy ones. Last year he really stepped up his game and he could be a good fit for someone, but he really does profit from all the attention Fitz and Boldin get.

I don't recall seeing him ever draw double coverage.

I'm not saying he sucks, but I wouldn't anoint him as our FA target just yet.

so would you go as far to say that good 3rd receivers are usually only good because of the other 2 options ahead of them? for example, is chris henry actually good, or does he benefit from having johnson/housh taking more attention away?

Calm down some. I know what you are saying - just because someone doesn't get a speeding ticket doesn't mean they weren't speeding.

But the reality is that Chaos has 165 receptions, 19 TDs and only ONE lost fumble. He leads the NFL in YAC and, until there is a fumbling problem, I wouldn't change the man.

:helmet: The Rook

I agree with 100%. All I am pointing out is something that I have observed. I did not suggest that he change anything except maybe those hot pants. They really hurt my eyes....... :yikes:

I don't think it's fair to ignore the fumbles that we recovered. Anyone remember that one that Dock fell on down near the goal line in '05? That being said it's still only 3 and Cooley's YAC IS important. I remember the play against the cowgirls in '05 at the end of the second quarter when he caught the ball between the 15 and 20 and I'm yelling at him to go out of bounds but then he turns it upfield and runs over two pukes into the endzone.

I guess I watch a different game then the rest of the board. I am not saying he puts the ball on the ground like Tiki used to. I am saying that if you watch closely as he fights for those extra yards the ball is often not as secure as it should be and that it is exposed. I also see the ball loose at times as he goes to the ground. He maintains possession but the ball is still loose.

Why is it that fans have to blind themselves to reality. Yes he has only fumbled 3 times but there that does not mean there is not other opportunties to fumble.

People don't seem to get it that you can be love Cooley, CP, JC etc... and still criticize aspects of their game as a fan without being a hater.

Cooley scares me sometimes. He carries it like a loose loaf of bread. He does have a tendency to make you cringe when he carries it.

Archived