Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor's Attitude

Mattskins83

Hey guys, I just wanted to comment on Sean Taylor. After watching his interview on Redskins.com I think it is plain to see how much this guy has matured after the ATV incident. ST calls Sam Huff "Mr. Huff" when others players are calling him "man" and he seems like a true class act off the field. Now, hopefully he takes the same mature approach on the field and stops trying to blow up everything in sight. (punters are ok) You guys have any thought on this?

Hey guys, I just wanted to comment on Sean Taylor. After watching his interview on Redskins.com I think it is plain to see how much this guy has matured after the ATV incident. ST calls Sam Huff "Mr. Huff" when others players are calling him "man" and he seems like a true class act off the field. Now, hopefully he takes the same mature approach on the field and stops trying to blow up everything in sight. (punters are ok) Your guys have any thought on this?

Are you serious??? Do you want him to maybe try the two hand touch approach...the one thing that ST does best is he is a huge intimidator for receivers going over the middle.

I do agree with you in regards to his off the field attitude...he sounds like he is finally growing up..

Woah, relax bud. I love how he plays on the field as well. I also think that his maturity off of it will how on the field, there are times where he can throttle back on the highlight reel hits. I don't think anyone will dispute that.

You mean the hit on Crayton that saved us in the Monday Night Miracle?

Taylor is a god out there. I'll leave everything up to him instead of playing armchair safety.

You mean the hit on Crayton that saved us in the Monday Night Miracle?

Taylor is a god out there. I'll leave everything up to him instead of playing armchair safety.

The difference between the Crayton hit and the one he attempted to take McNairs head clean off his body was that it actually WAS a form tackle. I dont have a problem with him hitting the guy hard, but making the tackle is a must. ST has missed far too many tackles over there years because of his lack of disipline in that area. LaVar did the exact same thing, I loved him as I do ST, but I didnt defend his decisions when it came to tackling the opposition. Reading offenses, thats another story.

Everybody knocks ST because he tries to blow people up, but this adds to his aura. People like TO, one of the most physically impressive receivers in the game, get alligator arms around ST because of his reputation. Now that he's going to be primarily in the secondary, I don't think he'll be missing many tackles as receivers going over the middle are essentially sitting ducks. If you notice his missed tackles, they're mostly against the run.

we better re-sign him. Drafting Landry better not be a sign of things to change in the secondary. Taylor and Landry together could end up being a solid force for another decade in Washington.

The way I figure, if we usually make one-three big free agent signings a year, and with how Brunell and Springs will most likely be gone, we can definitely re-sign/extend Taylor and Cooley, and (hopefully) with a mid-lower pick in the first round, the first rounders contract won't be high either.

I don't know about you guys, but i kinda miss ST attitude he had his rookie season. Making big plays getting up in the guys face and giving him an earful. Maybe its just me. But that was the kind of things that made me like him so much in the first place.

I don't know about you guys, but i kinda miss ST attitude he had his rookie season. Making big plays getting up in the guys face and giving him an earful. Maybe its just me. But that was the kind of things that made me like him so much in the first place.

Yea I hope he keeps talking trash on the field, but seeing him grow up off the field isnt a bad thing.

Hey guys, I just wanted to comment on Sean Taylor. After watching his interview on Redskins.com I think it is plain to see how much this guy has matured after the ATV incident.

I totally agree that Taylor seems to have matured. In fact, a few weeks ago I made similar comments after hearing Taylor interviewed on Redskins Lunch. He was very impressive then and has been impressive in subsequent interviews.

I was one of those guys who wanted to kick him off the team after that ATV incident, but now I wish he'd be more of the face of the Redskins than guys like Portis and Washington. I'm very impressed by Sean Taylor on and off the field these days. He has the right football and Redskins attitude, in my opinion.

Hail,

H

St is going to seriously hurt a LOT of people this year, I almost think he will cause rule changes down the road just because of how many seasons this guy is going to end!!! Can you imagine a receiver running down the middle and some how he gets lucky and LL misses him and he looks up just in time to see:security:.............. Wakes up the next day wondering WTF happened !!! Its going to be good this year !!!

HTTR

oh yea :dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck

Now, hopefully he takes the same mature approach on the field and stops trying to blow up everything in sight. (punters are ok) You guys have any thought on this?

What the hell are you talking about? Yea, lets make sure he doesnt tackle any receivers or running backs too hard. We wouldnt want anyone's feelings to get hurt. :doh:

WE WANT ST TO KILL PEOPLE!!!

Maybe you meant something else by this, but that ^ is how I took it.

I liked what Joey T had to say during the last preseason game, about ST wanting to pick Joe's brain about what quarterbacks are looking at, and then them sitting down and looking at film and ST taking notes.

He's taking this game really seriously, and that is bad news for other teams.

As for blowing up or not blowing up other players, there's some overreaction on this thread. What I think Mattskins is trying to say, is that ST's focus now that he's moved to FS has to be on making the tackle first. Because if he tries to blow someone up and whiffs or can't wrap up, that's likely six points for the opposition.

He seems like he has social anxiety or is just very shy around the camera.

In the past he has made it known that he doesn't trust the media. I think that he makes sure to sound especially well spoken and say all the right things in front of the camera. Which isn't a bad thing. I just wonder who Sean Taylor is.

Maybe thats just me. BTW, my favorite player too.

The difference between the Crayton hit and the one he attempted to take McNairs head clean off his body was that it actually WAS a form tackle.

The only bad thing about that "dive" was that he didn't land it. I GUARUNTEE you every QB will be looking at that career ending leap while their coaches warn them to go down before the safeties arrive. This will create doubt in the QB's mind about running for it, especially if he would've ended a career with that hit.

Hey, its football.. These players are paid millions for a reason.

Archived