Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To be honest.......

Tom [Giants fan]

Last night, the loss killed me. I went out in my backyard and took a few swings at my slamman for about ten minutes. I was so p!ssed. That is expected.

Today, I am proud of what the Giants accomplished this year. They grew as the season went on and that only tells me they will be even better next year. Especially with cap room to fill some holes. This loss will hurt but the future of the Giants is looking very good. They could be in the playoffs any of the next five years and that is exciting to think about. Looking at the big picture makes me feel better than just looking at yesterday's game.

As far as the botched call by the refs, yes, I blame the Giants loss on the refs. But I also blame it on the Giants defense. The Giants had a huge lead and should have never lost that game. But, the refs blew a call that would have given the Giants a second chance that they should have had. Who knows if the Giants would have made the kick but they should have had the opportunity to see if they could. But, I'm not going to cry about it now. It was an exciting season for Giants fans and we were given way more than could have been expected. And the future looks very bright for the New York football Giants!!!!

Originally posted by every Redskins fan following the Matt Turk - Dan Turk debacle in the 1999-2000 Division Championship Game at Tampa

This loss will hurt but the future of the Giants is looking very good. They could be in the playoffs any of the next five years and that is exciting to think about. Looking at the big picture makes me feel better than just looking at yesterday's game.

;) (That was just mean)

And of course Kerry Collins and Tiki Barber could not have any more career years in them.

Thats what so great about the NFL - were the Giants playing above their heads? Were they riding career years? Did they not live up to expectations at the beginning of the year?

Who knows - I guess we will find out next year if they are an up and coming team - or a one year wonder (see San Diego in 1995).

I dont know if this will make you feel any better but...

capt.1041893197.giants_49ers_officiating_error_fx201.jpg

It looks like the ball would have been catchable - the irony is is that the clock probably would have run out if the pass was completed...

Anyways...to me this is moot since the Whiners should have taken possession two plays earlier due to an INT. But thats my .02 (and a lot of other people's also that I have talked to).

Still a good season - one that only you, me, and a few others here predicted for the GMen.

See. Now that was mean. :silly: Glad you had a good time there Tom and that that glass is half full. Who knows, maybe this time next year we will be discussing both our favorite teams in the playoffs. ( Uh oh. Just Know EL is going to like that one. :silly::D )

:cheers:

Originally posted by Park City Skins

See. Now that was mean. :silly: Glad you had a good time there Tom and that that glass is half full. Who knows, maybe this time next year we will be discussing both our favorite teams in the playoffs. ( Uh oh. Just Know EL is going to like that one. :silly::D )

So both of you guys like the Eagles too!? Amazing who'da thunk it? :cool: BTW you forgot the *again* after playoffs PCS ;):cheers:

every year there are surprises.

one call I got right this year was the Bears. This team was 13-3 last year and outside of 3 or 4 players, there just wasn't a lot of talent there.

they won a lot of games on last second fluke interceptions and blocked field goals and this year they were 4-12 and didn't get the breaks :)

maybe next year the Redskins will find a monster field goal kicker that doesn't slip on his a@@ and actually kicks through that 40 yarder to beat the G-men :D

Tom, as the drama unfolded yesterday, I thought about you and how you must be feeling.

Your post here is filled with the class you show on every visit you make to this board.

Good for you that you're optimistic about your team's chances for next year. I never count the G-men out, they're just too tough.

Keep your chin up, Pal.

Now having said this, you realize, of course, that the Redskins will beat the Giants like a drum both times next season, right?

::D

EL

"So both of you guys like the Eagles too!?"

Now see. That wasn't just mean, that was nasty. :silly:

Yea. Well. When the Redskins go to the playoffs next season, it'll be again.

Ok...so it's been a few years. And then a few years before that. It's still techniically "again". :silly:

(Actually EL... I never mentioned them earlier. :D )

Yesterday's game was the epitome of PARITY in the NFL.....Neither the 49ers or the Giants are bad teams by any means, but if the Giants would have executed some sort of pass rush for oh, say 5 of the last 30 minutes, there is NO WAY the 49ers could have won. The Giants team is good enough to get a Wildcard spot next year if the parity in the NFL keeps up the way it is. I could understand if the Giants D had a good pass rush earlier in the game, yet grew tired, but the Giants never came close to sacking Garcia or even hurrying him ALL DAY. It was pure pain watching it from a Giant's fan perspective(so I have heard).

I think a lot of calls went against the Giants, the pass interference, and the obvious holding of Shockey all throughout the first half, however, with the lead the Giants had, a GOOD team would have never let an average team like the 49ers come back to take the lead, or negated 2 penalties that would have given themselves the game back.

:cry: And to think that everyone on the board made fun of the Ravens before the season, and they wound up with the same 7-9 record as us, but at least had a shot at the playoffs until the last week.

By the way I got a complaint with Die Hard. How come Tom Giants Fan rates and has his name title in neon lights? I want to see my name on billboard lights too. :silly: :laugh:

Originally posted by inmate running the asylum

By the way I got a complaint with Die Hard. How come Tom Giants Fan rates and has his name title in neon lights? I want to see my name on billboard lights too. :silly: :laugh:

Click on USER CP at the top, and then click on EDIT PROFILE & then scroll to the bottom. You see the spot to enter in color names or hex values there.

Go here for a list of hex color codes: HEX COLORS

Archived