Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Still Want McCardell?

Thinking Skins

No one will be picking up McCardell until after the first game - otherwise they have to give him a guaranteed contract for the year. Maybe Houston's cutting him but planning to bring him back. In any case, no need to worry about this until after Miami.

I guess Jacoby Jones has impressed enough in preseason.

Gabriel would be a nice pick up if available and not costing us anything.

He was cut by the Raiders a couple of weeks ago. He's available for nothing.

even though it was against second teamers last night, Reggie Williams is a guy supposedly on the block who has a nice blend of size and speed.

I wonder what the Jags want for him? :)

Last night is exactly why Reggie Williams is so frustrating. He had the one real nice play that showed off his physical tools. But up until that point in the game watching him it almost looked like he was disinterested. There were at least two passes where the ball was thrown near him and he didn't really commit to going to get it. They would both have been tough catches but he looked like he was more worried about getting hurt than making the catch. And that is why a guy with his obvious physical tools isn't a great receiver. He also had the motion penalty.

]']Definately. Gabriel>McCardel+Bradford+Stinkson at this point in their careers (and in Stinkson's case' date=' at any point in his career)[/quote']

I don't know about that. Gabriel's a good WR, but what has he proven other than being injury prone and inconsistent. Sure, I'd welcome the guy, but I'm not sold on him. I wonder why McCardell can't seem to stick on anybody's roster, but this is a good WR who's at least been consistent in his career. The main problem with McCardell is that the guy is so old, but I'd have a lot more faith in him than Gabriel.

Pinkston and Bradford have been out of the NFL for some time. These guys were the longest of long shots.

At least with Gabriel and Williams they are 25-26 year old players who are in their athletic primes.

I think part of the problem with Williams is that he and Del Rio are at odds and Williams is hoping to go to another team to start over. That most likely accounts for his on again, off again play.

I wonder why McCardell can't seem to stick on anybody's roster, but this is a good WR who's at least been consistent in his career. The main problem with McCardell is that the guy is so old, but I'd have a lot more faith in him than Gabriel.

McCardell is 37 years old (38 in January) and coming off of a bad year. At a position where 31 is considered old it doesn't surprise me that much that he is having a problem finding a job.

but I bet he can still run the 6-8 yard in as the slot receiver and pick up the first down :)

and THAT is what the Redskins really need right now.

we don't need a deep burner that is going to scare defenses, we already have that in Moss.

and we already have a seam option in Cooley.

Archived