Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Still Want McCardell?

Thinking Skins

I wouldn't be opposed to Williams either. Really I'm quite unopinionated about either of the guys. The one thing about any of these guys is that they're probably going to be signed to pretty cheap contracts. And I don't know how much you can expect from a WR coming in early september and knowing none of the playbook already and having no kind of experience with Campbell.

But one thing about McCardell is that we were looking at him earlier this offseason, which makes me believe that a deal with him is more likely. Plus there are incentives to him being an elderly WR. Maybe he can pass some knowledge on to a guy like Lloyd, who we're praying can live up to the contract he got. Plus, we know how much Gibbs loves veterans - especially proven veterans. Plus, if you want to look at experience, given it was like 20 years ago, but McCardell does have experience in Gibbs's system so maybe it'd be easier for him to pick it up than the other guys.

I think Williams needs a change of scenery. He is working on a cheap contract and if he doesn't turn out the team can let him go next year and suffer very little damage if any as a result.

McCardell appears to have lost the fire to compete. Houston was going to be a poor team in the rich and competitive AFC this season, if he were still interested in competing he would have chosen a better football situation to go into.

Yes, he's from Houston and his family is there. But 6 months to play somewhere else, pick up $1 million and have a chance to go back to the playoffs?

It's not that he can't do it anymore perhaps as much as he doesn't WANT to do it anymore.

He got a ring with the Bucs in 2002 so that factor isn't motivating him as much as it would some other players.

No thanks, I want us promote Hoag.

I'm thinking why not on Hoag?

He comes from a small school and seems to bust his butt. - Look at all of these WR's who were supposed to be superstars but keep getting cut yet everyone here wants them. Put him on special teams and see how much he can be developed. We're talking about a #5 WR. - Worst case scenario we release him after minimal investment and sign one of these other guys who will still be available looking for their 2nd or 3rd chance.

McCardell was cut, but the sad thing to me is that if we signed him, he'd immediately become our number three receiver. B Lloyd can't get open, Thrash isn't given the opportunity to do anything but special teams, and no one else is worth a damn.

If the Jags cut Williams, unless he's a head case (which is the only reason I can think of why the Jags would cut him), I'd be for signing him.

I think it's clear now that our inability to go downfield had nothing to do with Brunell last year. JC is not able to consistently go downfield either because guys don't get open. Even the two great catches by Moss and ARE in the past two games were caught with guys all over them.

We need some WRs in here.

Hail,

H

Keenan McCardell was drafted by the Skins. He has speed, runs good route and has been a productive WR in the NFL.

When you compare his career stats with some of the others they are quite impressive. At 37, Keenan can still out run many of the NFLs WR and DBs.

It a shame the Skins let him go in the first ****ing place!

He got a ring with the Bucs in 2002 so that factor isn't motivating him as much as it would some other players.

Didn't he get a ring with us in 1991 as well?

Dude is old. When you were signed to a Gibbs 1 coached team and are still playing you need to retire. :laugh: :laugh:

Archived