Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason the leader

celticsalmon

Nope

Are you sure about that?

Dressed in street clothes on the sidelines Thursday night, 30 Jaguars - healthy and injured - watched a squad of backups and never-will-make-the-roster players down the Washington Redskins 31-14 in the preseason finale at Jacksonville Municipal Stadium.

Apparently, the Jaguars didn't want to see the starters. Just two front-line players - offensive tackle Tony Pashos and wide receiver Dennis Northcutt - ever stepped foot on the field. Northcutt never played a down on offense. His primary duty for the preseason finale came on the punt-return team.

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/083107/jag_195916496.shtml

This is the way I look at it and I say the same to nonbelievers. Who would you rather have at this moment in time. Homo or JC. For me it is not even close. JC. He did it in college under 4 different offensive coordinators he will do it in the Pros. If our OL is solid (and it should be with the return of Samuels) I say this kid will take us in the playoffs.

One thing that gets me is last year. The BS record of 2-5. You guys remember those 5 loses? It is very safe to assume if the D was half way decent (not like 2004-2005 but just decent) at least 3 of those losses would have been Ws.

This is the way I look at it and I say the same to nonbelievers. Who would you rather have at this moment in time. Homo or JC. For me it is not even close. JC. He did it in college under 4 different offensive coordinators he will do it in the Pros. If our OL is solid (and it should be with the return of Samuels) I say this kid will take us in the playoffs.

One thing that gets me is last year. The BS record of 2-5. You guys remember those 5 loses? It is very safe to assume if the D was half way decent (not like 2004-2005 but just decent) at least 3 of those losses would have been Ws.

I would rather have Homo easily. JC is a bust- watch and see.

Didn't the Jags sit all their starters on D?

Doesn't matter. He was putting up the same kind of numbers during other preseason games against teams that WERE playing their starters.

Yea? What makes you so sure?

Why do u have to be negative? He looked alright last year and they said he has improved alot from last year. Ramsey or Shuler looked nothing like Jason and there were never reports about their work ethic and staying at Redskins Park 24/7 over the offseason to work with al saunders and the qb coach and get timing with his recievers. Im not saying hes going to be the next Dan Marino but I like to be positive and think he could be a franchise qb for the next 10 years.

I believe you have that backwards sir. I wouldn't be surprised if Campbell made the Pro Bowl this season.

Campbell is Joe Gibbs' QB.. People might argue that Brunell is, but I would have to disagree.. Mark Brunell was that smart vet that Gibbs wanted to play(not lose the game) until Campbell was ready to take over..

Do you believe in Joe Gibbs?

:dallasuck

Those are part of any fan base -- every once in a while something happens and they have to say "man even I was impressed".

As if we got the privelage of eating their negative BS all this time, and now glory hallalujah even they are impressed, let's all jump up and down and celebrate. I'd like to pee in a cup and fling it on them while they're talking and have some of it go in their mouths.

Is there voting for post of the year? This one is a contender!

Here's another quote.

"Dont call other members idiots, or you may find your self unable to post for some time"

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

But related to the thread, Jason is progressing well. As someone else stated, he does have a veteran group at O line, and if portis/betts work well and the D is back in top form, we're looking at the playoffs.

yeah, umm, not an intelligent post here. And I'm not evening going to touch the "i would rather have (a) Homo" comment.

Homo has played how many more games? And didn't he lose to the Lions the last game of the year, taking away home field advantage. And he's great at holding snaps. Glorified Rex Grossman:silly:

yeah, umm, not an intelligent post here. And I'm not evening going to touch the "i would rather have (a) Homo" comment.

Homo has played how many more games? And didn't he lose to the Lions the last game of the year, taking away home field advantage. And he's great at holding snaps. Glorified Rex Grossman:silly:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :notworthy :cheers:

:dallasuck

You have yet to provide any facts for the basis of your argument. Without any foundation to build on, the argument is weak and collapses. Basically, you have no argument and seem to be fishing for something else....:doh:

i'm kind of on the fence about his leadership right now. personally i think that he's lucky enough to be in a situation with veteran o-line leaders, and a guy like randel el who talks him up a lot. i think it is going to take a little before he is really the leader of the team.

right now i think he's more like "Jason the Argonaut."

He went on to do great things like slaying mythical beasts and whatnot. If that is JC then I'll take it :laugh:

Archived