Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ross Tucker was also released.

D-Day

Tucker, Butler cut

Offensive lineman Ross Tucker and cornerback Jerametrius Butler were among seven players cut by the Redskins yesterday. The team has until 4 p.m. today to announce three more moves to get their roster down to 75 players.

Team sources confirmed Tucker's departure, and a news release said Butler, linebacker Kevin Jones, receivers Todd Pinkston and Jerel Myers and defensive linemen Bryant Shaw and Jamaal Green had been cut.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070828/SPORTS01/108280067/1005/sports&template=nextpage

At least Lemar Marshall made the press release, Hell they forgot to even mention tucker in the original. :laugh:

So how many O-linemen are we going to keep?

Samuels Heyer

Kendall Fabini/Whitley

Rabach Pucillo

Thomas Lefotu

Jansen Wade Armstrong

Right now the bolded players are going to make and Fabini and Whitley are battling for the final reserve spot. I think Whitley might have the edge because he's younger. Lefotu and Armstrong are battling for a practice squad spot. I'm pulling for Lefotu.

Strange, Tucker is still listed on the roster.

Because Tucker hasn't been released by the team. At least not yet.

The Times reporters probably talked to an O-Lineman who told him that Tucker wasn't in Monday meetings. That could mean he was released, or it could mean he was absent due to a personal matter.

Stay tuned is the best way to put it...

Samuels Heyer

Kendall Fabini/Whitley

Rabach Pucillo

Thomas Lefotu

Jansen Wade Armstrong

Right now the bolded players are going to make and Fabini and Whitley are battling for the final reserve spot. I think Whitley might have the edge because he's younger. Lefotu and Armstrong are battling for a practice squad spot. I'm pulling for Lefotu.

I'd like to keep Fabini and Whitley and take a chance with Lefotu on the PS with Armstrong.

Archived