Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tank Johnson

Gibbs!We!Trust!

I say we bring him for an evaluation to see where he is mentally and physically. If looks in good standing them sign him.

Convert Monty into a DE cause of his high motor and size. Then you would have Tank and Griff with Goldy and S'ale backing them up. (I know I'm dreaming here but hey just a thought)

what is this montgomery into a de?

He's ****ing huge, you could never pull that ****.

we could hypothetically run a 3-4, I think salave'a is big enuff for a nose tackle, or perhaps montgomery if he bulks up some more, then play griffin and golston as your de/dt.

Blades and fletcher on the inside, washington/mcintosh on the out

carter in on passing downs.

YES! Definitely. He'll be a fresh presence in the middle of that line, and after 8 games that'll be a huge plus. He's kept his head on since that stop in Arizona, so I think he should be given a shot. Any team should sign him early just so he can come in by game 8. :helmet:

Just to play devil's advocate, but if we followed this then Sean Taylor wouldn't technically be on the team anymore. I think just because someone has run into trouble with the law doesn't mean that they shouldn't be given a second chance. This is essentially one of the foundations of our legal system.

Actually its one of the foundations of your constitution, the legal system is a different issue.

Back to the question at hand.

As far as I know if we signed Johnson he would begin his suspension AFTER that point, so in essence we would have a wasted spot on the roster for 8 games. I dont personally think he is worth losing a roster spot over.

Actually its one of the foundations of your constitution, the legal system is a different issue.

Actually, the majority of the legal system, especially in terms of the Criminal Justice system, which would be the area that we're reflecting on, is primarily based upon the Constitution. Thus, if it's based on the Constitution then there really is no difference regarding what I said.

YES! Definitely. He'll be a fresh presence in the middle of that line, and after 8 games that'll be a huge plus. He's kept his head on since that stop in Arizona, so I think he should be given a shot. Any team should sign him early just so he can come in by game 8. :helmet:

My argument is that he had been keeping his head on even during that stop in Arizona. Not a very pretty rap sheet on the guy, but he really seemed to be finally getting on the right track. Then he gets the most expensive speeding ticket in the history of mankind. 40 in a 25, not even reckless. Cost him the other half of his NFL contract and maybe his career. But it turns out he wasn't even charged with the speeding. Da Bearz overreacted. Tank was legally unimpaired.

But I understand his suspension will not begin until he is on a roster, so he may be finished unless he can find a team that needs a DT, but can wait half a season for him. Probably not likely. Perhaps Goodell will look at his situation in the offseason and rescind his punishment, or maybe not. I feel sorry for the guy. When somebody is trying to turn their life around, support can sometimes mean the difference between success and failure.

Archived