Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I wonder if we're comfortable with our TE's?

jimster

Jags Cut 11 From Roster

http://sports.iwon.com/news/08272007/v1442.html

Aug 27, 2:56 PM (ET) Email this Story

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) -The Jacksonville Jaguars cut 11 players from their roster Monday, including veteran tight end Jermaine Wiggins and safety Nick Sorensen.

Linebacker Jorge Cordova, wide receiver Jimmy Farris and fullback Derrick Wimbush were also released.

Wiggins signed as a free agent from Minnesota last spring to help fill a void at tight end but became expandable with the return of George Wrighster from a torn rotator cuff. Wiggins had one catch for 1 yard in three preseason games.

Wimbush led the Jaguars in kickoff returns (39 returns for 955 yards) in 2005. He was used as a fullback much of the 2006 season, filling in for Greg Jones who missed the season with an injury. The Jaguars are at the required 75-man roster.

Jags Cut 11 From Roster

http://sports.iwon.com/news/08272007/v1442.html

Aug 27, 2:56 PM (ET) Email this Story

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) -The Jacksonville Jaguars cut 11 players from their roster Monday, including veteran tight end Jermaine Wiggins and safety Nick Sorensen.

Linebacker Jorge Cordova, wide receiver Jimmy Farris and fullback Derrick Wimbush were also released.

Wiggins signed as a free agent from Minnesota last spring to help fill a void at tight end but became expandable with the return of George Wrighster from a torn rotator cuff. Wiggins had one catch for 1 yard in three preseason games.

Wimbush led the Jaguars in kickoff returns (39 returns for 955 yards) in 2005. He was used as a fullback much of the 2006 season, filling in for Greg Jones who missed the season with an injury. The Jaguars are at the required 75-man roster.

umm.. SO?? Am I the only one lost here?

I was just about to start a thread about what everyone thought about him????

I always thought he did a good job when he was with the vikings... Granted their offense left him alone often but he seems to be a decent blocker and above average at catching the ball.

I think we're good with Yoder and giving Edwards a look...

I like Yoder. I think he has good hands and runs decent routes. I'm not sure about his pass protection ability though.

I agree with you about Yoder. He's a good blocker and has soft hands and not afraid to go across the middle.

Wow, I wonder how much weight Wiggins gained due to him being expandable. :doh:

Archived