Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A good second game: Giants-49ers

88Comrade2000

Being a Skins fan, I should want the Giants to lose, HOWEVER, living in 49er/Raider country I want those teams to lose just as much. Since I don't see the 49ers/Giants being a threat to any team but each other, it will pain me evenly to watch EITHER team win, but at least out here if the 49ers lose, that is 50% of the homers to shut the hell up~!

As far as the game goes. Exciting for the fans of these teams, but from the outside looking in, a lot of broken plays and sloppiness has led to most of the bigger plays. The 49ers just have an AWFUL secondary. Giants driving....gotta go.

On another note, are the Giants playing against the refs? Shockey has been held ALL DAY, and there was just a blatant PI on Ahmed Plummer in the endzone with the sideline judge standing right there staring at it.....my gawd. All Kerry Collins has to do against this 49er secondary is toss the ball close to the reciever and the 49er CBs are so clueless they just watch the reciever catch the ball...pathetic. 28-14 halftime.

Given the way we absolutely marched all over the field against the Giants, it has to be encouraging to see the "weak" NFC East team absolutely hammering the Niners here because it probably makes us feel better about ourselves.

Now, if we could only find a way not to turn the ball over constantly we'd be on to something :).

I guess the 49ers are STILL reaping the rewards of playing in a horrid division. Before realignment the NFC West was probobaly the WORST DIVISION EVER, and now with the inconsistent Seahawks, Rams with a bad year, and the cardinals, it looks like ANOTHER avergae-level 49er team wins the division and makes the playoffs only to be disgraced by another team that had to rally just to get in.

This is definately a good game. The giants defense has shown up big time. The niners offense is capable of putting points on the board, but the giants are making play after playThe niners are making a fight with some points to end the third. This game is NOT over.

Gotta tell you though, Shockey is having an amazing day. Even with some rookie mistakes the guy is dominating. I'm not going to be happy to see him lining up two or more times a year against us.

-DB

Hello. . . looks like the 9ers demise hasn't come to ruition yet. Who got out the paddles and zapped the 9ers and told them the game wasn't over yet? Interesting? Their secondary still sucks though and might very well cost them in the end, but if they score here and get another three and out... it's a ball game.

Keep the sharp objects away from Tom......I feel for ya, bud.

Think the Giants feel like we did in early 2000 at Tampa, as they pulled a Turk at the end.......only this was of a greater magnitude due to the size of the blown lead. What a couple of comebacks today!

Oh man, if only the snapper just spike it, they would get another chance. Once they went to a close-up of the snapper, I had some gut feeling the hold would be bad......as bad it was, no, but still I thought it would a bad hold. Oh well, homerism shall live on here in CA for another week.

Originally posted by hail2skins

Keep the sharp objects away from Tom......I feel for ya, bud.

Think the Giants feel like we did in early 2000 at Tampa, as they pulled a Turk at the end.......only this was of a greater magnitude due to the size of the blown lead. What a couple of comebacks today!

Yah, ours was a bit more painful because we messed up twice if I remember correctly. Plus our game was close the whole game(as you pointed out) That sure does suck. I mean right when the 49ers took the lead, the Giants were in GREAT position to still eek out the win. They blew 2 chances to get an extra 15 yards on the kickoff, then on the final play, just their luck, on a sure penalty that would have given them another chance, they have an offsetting penalty....wow....a real stinker turns into Drama in the Bay.....

Archived