Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top Gear Thread

AsburySkinsFan

Ok, I'm a huge fan of the British show Top Gear, so I figured they warranted a thread, especially since the new season has begun.

And what better way to start than to watch the new Koenigsegg CCX.

Not a bad way to spend $991,800, fastest car ever tested on Top Gear, just sick, sorry Zonda, but you're second place now.

http://www.koenigsegg.com/movies/koenigsegg_topgear.wmv

ccx_black.jpg

ccx_design_grey_side.jpg

ccx_design_front.jpg

I thought the Bugatti Veyron was the fastest car tested on Top Gear at 258mph.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/422697/bugatti_veyron_on_top_gear/

Volkswagon has never given the Bugatti to Top Gear for testing on the "official" Top Gear track, whereas "The Stig" wrecked the first Koenigsegg CCX trying to push the car further by not short shifting and being more aggresive through the turns, so instead of being furious that "The Stig" took their $1,000,000 car through a tire barrier they took it back repaired it and stuck a rear spoiler on it and then gave it back for "The Stig" to break the Zonda's track record. Now that's cool.

Besides that the CCX pumps out 806 brake hp; 850 hp european; bio-fuel 900 hp.

It is the fastest car ever to go down the Top Gear runway @ 193 mph.

The estimates are 250mph top speed.

So until Volkswagon hands over the keys to a Veyron, then the CCX is the king.

cult prog over here jeremy clarkson rules

I love Top Gear because they drive the cars like they are meant to be driven, and its awesome to see the guy's like Clarkson get super excited when test driving a supercar. I started watching Top Gear through downloaded video clips long before it came on BBC America, man was I stoked when I found that they were airing it. American car shows are boring, all they do is cruise around, these guys make them perform.

I also love the Lotus Elise vs. AH-64 Apache helicopter bit, that was awesome, plus the soundtrack of Motorhead's "Ace of Spades" made it all the better.

Volkswagon has never given the Bugatti to Top Gear for testing on the "official" Top Gear track, whereas "The Stig" wrecked the first Koenigsegg CCX trying to push the car further by not short shifting and being more aggresive through the turns, so instead of being furious that "The Stig" took their $1,000,000 car through a tire barrier they took it back repaired it and stuck a rear spoiler on it and then gave it back for "The Stig" to break the Zonda's track record. Now that's cool.

Besides that the CCX pumps out 806 brake hp; 850 hp european; bio-fuel 900 hp.

It is the fastest car ever to go down the Top Gear runway @ 193 mph.

The estimates are 250mph top speed.

So until Volkswagon hands over the keys to a Veyron, then the CCX is the king.

uh, Volkswagon did hand over the keys to a veyron. Captain slow drove it, and at 200 + mph it was silent compared to the deafening roar of the Koenesigg.

uh, Volkswagon did hand over the keys to a veyron. Captain slow drove it, and at 200 + mph it was silent compared to the deafening roar of the Koenesigg.

Not saying the Koenigsegg isn't a fast car, but apparently the $1.7 million dollar Veyron needs to be wrecked into a tire wall at Top Gears test airstrip and get rebuilt for the fastest car tested to count.

The funniest thing about the video I posted is when the guy hits 400km/hr, he mentions that at the current speed, the tires will only last 50 minutes. Then he quips that it is okay because there is only enough fuel to last another 12 minutes.

But it was only on Volkswagon's speed track, not the Top Gear test track.

Personally, I'd rather have the deafening roar of the Koenigsegg.

Oh man do I love me some Top Gear. Best car show, hands down. When does it air on BBC? I didn't even know that it was airing on American television. Awesome thread BTW, ASF.

And I would totally take a Koenigsegg over a Bugatti, any day. You can quote me on that. The CCX is so much more badass of a car.

I love that episode, that thing just kept on going absolutely incredible, says something about imports.
I love they tried to kill a toyota truck.... couldn't do it

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2255248

I loved that episode, too. The only thing they didnt do is mess with the engine. Or did they?

That truck was tough, either way.

Oh man do I love me some Top Gear. Best car show, hands down. When does it air on BBC? I didn't even know that it was airing on American television. Awesome thread BTW, ASF.

And I would totally take a Koenigsegg over a Bugatti, any day. You can quote me on that. The CCX is so much more badass of a car.

You can have your Koenigsegg. I'll gladly take a Ferrari 360 Modena or an Aston Martin DBS. Fast cars with class. :cool:

You can have your Koenigsegg. I'll gladly take a Ferrari 360 Modena or an Aston Martin DBS. Fast cars with class. :cool:

If you want an Aston Martin then the DBS is definitely the way to go but in the supercar world its pretty low on the totem pole. The 360 Modenas though are a dime a dozen. If you want a Ferrari go after the Enzo, but the problem there is that you already need to have purchased (I believe it is 2) two other new Ferraris and then be invited to buy one.

As an avid Ferrari fan, I never really liked the styling of the Enzo. I like my sports cars to have nice curves. :cool: The 360 Spyder is a work of art as is the Aston Martin DBS. The Koenigsegg falls into the realm of ice sculpture, similar to most Lamborghini's. Just looking at them feels cold and sharp compared to say a Jaguar XK.

I love Top Gear. But I don't get why we can't have a show like that here. I mean we have Auto Week or something on the speed channel but thats like Gilmore Girls compared to Top Gear. There could be a lot of money made.

Top Gear > Fifth Gear > .... > Auto Week

Ferrari have replaced the 360 with a new model the F430. Similar styling but a much better all round car than the 360.

I loved the look of the 360 and drove one around a race track - great fun. The knock on the 360 is the handling is a bit tricky - God help you if you lift in a corner while pushing hard. The F430 handling is more predictable and it has trick adjustable electronic diff based on the one in the F1 car.

Personally I'm a 911 man - a car you can drive everyday and actually park.

Top Gear is a great show - best car programme on TV.

I know what you mean, the F360 can get a bit tail happy on throttle then all the sudden grab when you lift slightly. Must be why they called it the 360. :laugh: You can't go wrong with a 911, then again any experienced 911 driver always has a big adjustment to any other car. Unlike every other road car on the planet, if you get oversteer in a 911, just mash the gas and the thing grabs like it has claws in the asphalt.

Top Gear is a great show. Glad to see there are other sportscar enthusiasts on the board here. The F360 was just one of those cars I fell in love with. Of course I'll never afford one, but it's a damn fine looking sportscar.

Archived