Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another tool for curbing rethreads

Passizle

Hey all,

I know the search function works half as well as we would like, but we have another option.

Before you start your thread, take a minute to do the following:

1. Navigate to the page you want to start your thread.

2. On your keyboard, press "ctrl + F". This will open a small search window (find tool) where you can enter a keyword of the subject you are looking for (ex... "marshall). (unfortunatley, this function will onlt search every word on the current page and not in the bodies of the posts.)

3. Press the next button and chances are, a thread title will highlight with the entered key word.

4. Enter said thread and post away!

This will cause two great things.

1. Less work for our beloved thread police.

2. Less NNT's for all the uninformed people rethreading.

We now return you to your regularly shceduled program.

I'm just trying to help...

Nice thread, Pazizzle. I would like to see a member-started thread of such a type every now and then just speaking for myself. Also, ES'ers, remember to pause, understand that if it's a news item, you're probably too late already :D so check!! Visually look at the first two pages in the forum and see if a thread doesn't already exists that covers your topic.

Carry on.

Nice thread, Pazizzle. I would like to see a member-started thread of such a type every now and then just speaking for myself. Also, ES'ers, remember to pause, understand that if it's a news item, you're probably too late already :D so check!! Visually look at the first two pages in the forum and see if a thread doesn't already exists that covers your topic.

Carry on.

Thanks Jumbo. I was looking at the lazymans perspective of people who like to have tools and gadgets to do the work for them instead of using their eyes.

I have found the "windows find tool" very useful when going through trenches of spreadsheets that I use for my fantasy football cheatsheets.

The other problem that trumps both visually looking and using a tool is some thread starters need a lesson in thread ettequit 101. There are plenty of times when I see a thread title that does not describe the thread at all.

In all... I'm just trying to do my part.

no matter how many threads like this are made, i am convinced that there will always be multiple threads here as this board isnt very tidy which is why i dont post often because everything just gets lost in the jumble and there is no real unity on this board, save for the old members and the mods/admins. For example, Lemar Marshall was cut today, there will be threads about it for every article, a thread for the post, a thread for the times, a thread for such and such's blog, a thread for the espn article, etc etc etc. The posters as well as the mods could do a lot better job...

Ironically, the people whose eyes this thread will actually fall on are usually not the ones you need to worry about :laugh:. Odds are, if they can read, they'd almost have to notice the 6 other Lemar's Been Cut threads. You would think, anyway.

We can only hope that someday they'll invite a monitor-hand that can reach out and :slap: when you double-post or argue about WikiPedia stats. Until then, great reminder Siz. :applause:

I agree this board is far too cluttered I haven't been using it for a couple of weeks now due to the surplus of pre-season news all I have to do is go to Redskins.com. But to the point this website is cluttered not only because people repeat threads, but also because people create threads like this that do not help any problem whatsoever infact they just add to the mess. So what does this have to do with the redskins again? And why is it in the stadium? My best suggestion to those of you interested in reading descent and valuable information about our skins, is to only read posts in Breaking News and threads started by mods. (Bubba, HapHazard) mainly

Isn't this a repeat thread since it has been covered so many times to seach before posting? Why did you not seach and post this message in an existing thread?

Its not a rethread. Its a guide to a little know tool built into the Window OS.

If that was an attempt at humor? Well... dont quit your day job.

For someone who talks about thread etiquette, you yourself have quite the misleading thread title. You say your thread is a guide to help people use a window tool, but you title your thread Attn all threadpeaters, kind of sounds like your calling people out rather than honestly trying to help. Doesn't really seem to me that crank is trying to be funny either, just calling it like it is.

For someone who talks about thread etiquette, you yourself have quite the misleading thread title. You say your thread is a guide to help people use a window tool, but you title your thread Attn all threadpeaters, kind of sounds like your calling people out rather than honestly trying to help. Doesn't really seem to me that crank is trying to be funny either, just calling it like it is.

Oh no. Your back. What happened? Did you get your posting privledges taken away for a while? Just been lurking? you have been quiet for a long time. Why call me out now?

Well... seeing you like to follow me around and badger and critique everything I do,

How is my thread title misleading? It is what it is. I am not calling anyone out. People make mistakes.

Did I single a group out as bad people or lesser posters? No

I am trying to provide a method for the ones that do not or do not want to use their eyes. That is all.

I dont get the last part of your statement. It does not make any sense and besides... I was talking to crank. NOT you.

Now do your best. I know you will. Try to twist and turn this into a me vs. you or another Vince Young man love thread. Go ahead.

Why do you have to bring up the past as if I think twice about your opinion, I post on this board according to what I believe nothing else. Once again you bring up VY and I didn't, so please leave that subject alone. Lastly "A different way to search for threads" would be a much better title, and if your not calling out a specific group what is ATTN all Thread-peaters? The title itself is calling people out, now maybe we don't like what they do but you are calling them out. Rather then do that Im sure they would all apperciate your new method of searching I have already began using it because as everyone on this board knows very well that the search function works once in a blue moon.

I fully support this thread.

This is the only forum I have ever seen that is so out of control that literally 10 threads get started at once about the same topic, with maybe 3 or 4 coming a little later...

Yes, I understand the member base is HUGE, but come on... it takes two seconds to look on the FIRST PAGE to see if what you're going to post is already up. Get it in your heads that you don't HAVE to be the first to post everything.

Archived