Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Need big receivers

Gibbs!We!Trust!

Jason Campbell does not have any weapon beside, Moss and Cooley. We need a big time receiver to give that additional threat. If we had that big time receiver teams will play back on defense. Open up running lanes for Portis or Betts. Randle EL and Llyod are sure not the receivers this team needs.

The reason Jason might hang on to the ball too long, because those little ass receiver can't get open. But if we had keep our draft picks we could have gotta some real receivers. Oh yeah that comes with a G E N E R A L M A N A G E R. :doh:

The pro-type of receiver not the back in the 80's all the receivers are under 5'9 and can't get off the jam, no speed, or can't block. This offense is all about timing, if you can't get off the jam. The QB will be forced to hold on the ball longer.

I agree, Al saunders wants timing in the pass routes, look deep and progress to your check down if it aint open. I think in preseason QBs feel more pressure to go for a big play and tend to hold on too long, we will be well oiled by the time the regular season starts. no worries here

There are plenty of great receivers who are big.

There are plenty of ****ty receivers who are big.

There are plenty of great receivers who are small.

There are plenty of ****ty receivers who are small.

Correlation?

Size has nothing to do with a receiver's ability.

Number one priority for a receiver is good hands

Number two priority for a receiver is to run good routes

Number three priority for a receiver is to get open and get separation.

Three most important things for a receiver to have or to do, none have any relation to size.

Get off the ballsack of big receivers, you want one so you can epeen away on madden 08 360 live that the redskins have the best big receiver. We need receivers that get open and catch the ball.

There are plenty of great receivers who are big.

There are plenty of ****ty receivers who are big.

There are plenty of great receivers who are small.

There are plenty of ****ty receivers who are small.

Get off the ballsack of big receivers, you want one so you can epeen away on madden 08 360 live that the redskins have the best big receiver. We need receivers that get open and catch the ball.

Agree 100%.

Also, can someone please name one wide receiver on the Indiannapolis Colts who is over 6'? Please don't say its because they have Peyton. It takes two and his number one is listed at 6 feet even, and that is giving him an inch and a half!

http://mirror.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=roster&order=position

There are at least 3 receivers 6'2" or taller competing for a roster spot now. Hoag, McAddey, and someone else. Also don't forget that Pinkston is giving it a try as well. I'm not sure that bigger is always better

You forget Pinkston can't catch. I like this new Te we have Edwards, whom seems to be Collins favorite target thus far. He'll pair up well with with Cooley in those 2 TE sets.

I was just looking up stats from the KC Chiefs in '05, Al Saunders last year in KC. Take a look at their WR's. Outside of Kennison and Hall, who do they have? Are you telling me that Moss and Randle El aren't way way better than them? From looking at them, the WR's don't totally make or break the offense. I'm not saying Cooley is on Tony Gonzalez level (Yet), but if gets us 60+ catches and and 700+ yards and 5+ TD's, our offense will be in good shape. AND, of course, Portis needs to be his old self (1600+ yards) and Betts needs to be nice complement (400+ yards). Dont know if they can pull this off, but if so...it could be a fun season. SO anyways, back to the point, stop sweating the whole WR thing and if our guys are big enough. Makes no sense to worked up about it.

we can always just wait til next year and draft marcus monk and hope that the name brings us something, even though he doesnt share the same genes..

and while we're at it, we can draft dexter manley II

thats what i did in my last draft for madden 07....and we all know that if we can do it in madden, we should do it in real life...

:laugh:

Archived