Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brady Quinn's Performance

AJWatson3

Wow. Look at the line of people ready to get down on their knees and start sucking-off Brady Quinn. I think the line starts in Bristol, CT....

I wish the national media would give it a rest. He's playing with 3rd stringers against 3rd stringers. Starters don't play this soft in the NFL.... unless it's a prevent D which is what Quinn seemed to get when he was in the game.

Did anyone actually see the outstanding performance he gave this past weekend? While his numbers were very impressive all but two throws and reads that he made any joe shmoe could've done. Those were the only throws he made that went beyond.... 6 yards?

13/20 155yds 2TD's

http://www.nfl.com/videos

Click on the link that says "Brady Quinn highlights vs. Lions"

It shows only his completions....

Here is what he did:

1st pass is a screen thrown behind the line of scrimmage.

2nd pass is thrown 4yds to the left flats. It's a dump-off.

3rd pass is thrown 3yds to the TE on a quick hitch (?).

4th pass is thrown 12 yards on an out patternn. Good accuracy. Not the strongest of throws, but it gets the result.

5th pass is thrown 5yds to the slot receiver in the middle of the field. Promptly stopped by 2 defenders.

6th pass is a TD where he did a good job of rolling out and buying time.

7th pass is thrown 3 yds to the left flats. It'a a dump-off.

8th pass thrown 6 yds to the soft middle of the defense. This was DET's defensive theme once Quinn got in the game.

9th pass thrown 5 yds to the soft middle of the defense.

10th pass is thrown 20 yards into the middle of a zone. Nice read, nice pass.

11th pass thrown 6 yds to the soft middle of the defense.

12th pass thrown 4 yds to the soft middle of the defense.

13th pass thrown 4 yds to the soft middle of the defense.

No, just not a fan of blind homerism. If you would watch the plays he made they weren't all that impressive. Given the time he had to throw, and the soft defense he was given to throw against... it's no wonder he was 13/20. It just wasn't really all that good. I was expecting to see something exciting!

Wow. Look at the line of people ready to get down on their knees and start sucking-off Brady Quinn. I think the line starts in Bristol, CT....

I wish the national media would give it a rest. He's playing with 3rd stringers against 3rd stringers. Starters don't play this soft in the NFL.... unless it's a prevent D which is what Quinn seemed to get when he was in the game.

Did anyone actually see the outstanding performance he gave this past weekend? While his numbers were very impressive all but two throws and reads that he made any joe shmoe could've done. Those were the only throws he made that went beyond.... 6 yards?

13/20 155yds 2TD's

http://www.nfl.com/videos

Click on the link that says "Brady Quinn highlights vs. Lions"

It shows only his completions....

Here is what he did:

1st pass is a screen thrown behind the line of scrimmage.

2nd pass is thrown 4yds to the left flats. It's a dump-off.

3rd pass is thrown 3yds to the TE on a quick hitch (?).

4th pass is thrown 12 yards on an out patternn. Good accuracy. Not the strongest of throws, but it gets the result.

5th pass is thrown 5yds to the slot receiver in the middle of the field. Promptly stopped by 2 defenders.

6th pass is a TD where he did a good job of rolling out and buying time.

7th pass is thrown 3 yds to the left flats. It'a a dump-off.

8th pass thrown 6 yds to the soft middle of the defense. This was DET's defensive theme once Quinn got in the game.

9th pass thrown 5 yds to the soft middle of the defense.

10th pass is thrown 20 yards into the middle of a zone. Nice read, nice pass.

11th pass thrown 6 yds to the soft middle of the defense.

12th pass thrown 4 yds to the soft middle of the defense.

13th pass thrown 4 yds to the soft middle of the defense.

So in other words its like last season where everyone was ready to, as you put it "suck off" Mark Brunell because of his 22 straight completions, and a few people were trying to point out that he had like 22 completions of 10 yards or less :laugh:

Stats can be decieving.

Yeah, and Quinn said he didn't do anything anyone else couldn't of done. But it was his first time out. He took what the defense gave him, kept his team focused and moved them down the field. And once you're in the red zone, they're not playing prevent. 2-2 on touchdowns in the redzone is good no matter what string it is. He was working with 3rd stringers too.

No, just not a fan of blind homerism. If you would watch the plays he made they weren't all that impressive. Given the time he had to throw, and the soft defense he was given to throw against... it's no wonder he was 13/20. It just wasn't really all that good. I was expecting to see something exciting!

I don't know, He might not have been exciting, but he was smart, and he was efficient. He took what the defense gave him and he exploited it and turned it into points on the scoreboard.

This shouldn't be a shock. These players are just like the caliber of players he lit up when he was at Notre Dame.

You know, those stellar defenses at Air Force.......

Don't forget USC, UCLA, Michigan, Penn State, LSU and Ohio State. Yeah the Irish have a couple patsies on their schedule every year. But show me one "top" Division I program that doesn't. Just because a bad team is in a conference, doesn't mean they aren't a bad team. The SEC, ACC and PAC 10 have their annual scrubs too. ND's schedule strength is annual among the toughest 25-30% in the nation. Often times it's higher then that.

Oh, and a good prospect should be lighting up the future truck drivers of the world. Leinart and Cutler were pretty good in the second half of games last August too. Is there anybody who wouldn't want to promise of either of them right now?

Wow. Look at the line of people ready to get down on their knees and start sucking-off Brady Quinn.

13/20 155yds 2TD's

Now while I'm not a Brownie fan and I'm no Irish support I will call you out on this, and ask if JC had those same numbers in a preseason game with limited playing time what would you be posting then? That's right you'd be making reservations at the Holiday inn down in Phoenix right around the begining of Feb. The kid had a solid outing, nothing less nothing more.

This isn't any different than how the media treated Romo sits to pee's performance against the Colts, who never even come close to trying to win a preseason game. They gave him an easy throw every play on the opening drive and one time he actually ignored the wide open guy because he wanted to keep TO happy.

He's the kind of high profile player who's media coverage fluctuates like the Chinesse Lead-Painted Toy Market. When he was holding out, he was the Next Coming of Vick, and one media member acctually asked him, right after he signed, "You know, the average Clevelander makes [some amount of money]. Why did you feel you needed [whatever his contract was]?" People were saying, "He never won the big game." "He slipped on draft day." "His hair looks stupid." (Joey Theisman) Everything he does is going to get overhyped either way.

Now while I'm not a Brownie fan and I'm no Irish support I will call you out on this, and ask if JC had those same numbers in a preseason game with limited playing time what would you be posting then? That's right you'd be making reservations at the Holiday inn down in Phoenix right around the begining of Feb. The kid had a solid outing, nothing less nothing more.

If I'd have actually watched the game, and not just read a box score I would have tempered enthusiasm. He was playing with 3rd stringers against 3rd stringers and he made 3rd stringer plays. He made 2 throws and reads that were NFL starting QB caliber. I understand he took what they gave him. No doubt about that. ARE could have posted the same numbers with the blocking that Quinn got and the look the defense gave.

I certainly would not be expecting a trip to Hawaii after that performance, no matter how much of a homer I was for a team.

If the Romeo, Savage and the Browns are that impressed with his performance we'll see him start either of his next two pre-season games, but it's not gonna happen. They are playing Denver and Chicago, two of the best defenses in the NFL. Bring Quinn along slowly, build his confidence, sit him on the bench for a couple of weeks. Skip the opener against PIT. If he's lucky he'll start week 2, home vs CIN. The Browns don't play another below-avg defense until week 8, right after their bye. They could easily be 1-6 going into that game.

And I don't want him to fail. I couldn't care less about him actually. He's a media darling who had a 25-12 college record, hasn't won a meaningful game in nearly 2 years (W @ MICH), and never contended for a championship. Why all the hype for the 22nd draft pick?

If I'd have actually watched the game, and not just read a box score I would have tempered enthusiasm. He was playing with 3rd stringers against 3rd stringers and he made 3rd stringer plays. He made 2 throws and reads that were NFL starting QB caliber. I understand he took what they gave him. No doubt about that. ARE could have posted the same numbers with the blocking that Quinn got and the look the defense gave.

I don't care what Quinn does or doesn't do, I'm pointing out that if one of our QB's did the samething there would certain posters ready for a Super Bowl run. Like I stated before Quinn had a solid outing and that's it, he wasn't great and he wasn't horrible, he was solid.

Archived