Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brady Quinn's Performance

AJWatson3

I don't care what Quinn does or doesn't do, I'm pointing out that if one of our QB's did the samething there would certain posters ready for a Super Bowl run. Like I stated before Quinn had a solid outing and that's it, he wasn't great and he wasn't horrible, he was solid.

Of course there would be certain posters saying that. I though someone was implying that I'd be one of them.

I thought the same thing, everything was a dump and the defense seemed content to let him nickel and dime them to death

Tom Brady won three Super Bowls doing that.

This is not a Brady/Quinn comparison, I'm just saying that the point is to move down the field and end up in the end zone. The Browns did that twice, so what's to criticize?

Don't forget USC, UCLA, Michigan, Penn State, LSU and Ohio State. Yeah the Irish have a couple patsies on their schedule every year. But show me one "top" Division I program that doesn't. Just because a bad team is in a conference, doesn't mean they aren't a bad team. The SEC, ACC and PAC 10 have their annual scrubs too. ND's schedule strength is annual among the toughest 25-30% in the nation. Often times it's higher then that.

Oh, and a good prospect should be lighting up the future truck drivers of the world. Leinart and Cutler were pretty good in the second half of games last August too. Is there anybody who wouldn't want to promise of either of them right now?

Good post. I don't know why there's all this Quinn bashing. Leave the man alone and let him develop his career.

And to further add to your post, all those Auburn, Florida, Michigan, USC, Penn St, Ohio St., FLa St. etc, etc, etc, be sure and not schedule Vandy, Kentucky, Miss st., Duke, Northwestern, Stanford, Air Force, Navy, Ball St., La Tech or any of the other so called pansies on your schedule. If you do, your team is WEAK.

Don't forget USC, UCLA, Michigan, Penn State, LSU and Ohio State. Yeah the Irish have a couple patsies on their schedule every year. But show me one "top" Division I program that doesn't. Just because a bad team is in a conference, doesn't mean they aren't a bad team. The SEC, ACC and PAC 10 have their annual scrubs too. ND's schedule strength is annual among the toughest 25-30% in the nation. Often times it's higher then that.

Oh, and a good prospect should be lighting up the future truck drivers of the world. Leinart and Cutler were pretty good in the second half of games last August too. Is there anybody who wouldn't want to promise of either of them right now?

Please name me the BEST team that Notre Dame beat in the past 2 years with Quinn at the helm.

Good post. I don't know why there's all this Quinn bashing. Leave the man alone and let him develop his career.

And to further add to your post, all those Auburn, Florida, Michigan, USC, Penn St, Ohio St., FLa St. etc, etc, etc, be sure and not schedule Vandy, Kentucky, Miss st., Duke, Northwestern, Stanford, Air Force, Navy, Ball St., La Tech or any of the other so called pansies on your schedule. If you do, your team is WEAK.

Of course all teams schedule gimmes. Its just how college football works. You cant blame Quinn for the schedule. At least, i wont.

HOWEVA! All of the teams you listed managed to win games against some pretty good teams recently. Auburn beat LSU last year, Florida won the NC, Michigan beats Wisconsin every year, USC trounced Michigan in the Rose, Penn St won a Fiesta bowl, etc etc etc.

The best team Notre Dame has beaten recently? :whoknows: GT?

Everytime he played in a big game, ND lost. You cant blame Quinn for all of those, but he does have a history of beating up on bad teams and folding up against good teams.

Of course all teams schedule gimmes. Its just how college football works. You cant blame Quinn for the schedule. At least, i wont.

HOWEVA! All of the teams you listed managed to win games against some pretty good teams recently. Auburn beat LSU last year, Florida won the NC, Michigan beats Wisconsin every year, USC trounced Michigan in the Rose, Penn St won a Fiesta bowl, etc etc etc.

The best team Notre Dame has beaten recently? :whoknows: GT?

Everytime he played in a big game, ND lost. You cant blame Quinn for all of those, but he does have a history of beating up on bad teams and folding up against good teams.

Part of the problem is, ND has had some less than stellar defenses. He was forced to put up 30 points a game, unlike LSU and FL who had stout defenses. LSU's defense won the Sugar Bowl and beat Miami the year before with their stifling defense. If ND had an average D, then maybe they would've beat some better teams.

Case in point:

Quinn's 2006 numbers. 3426 passing yards, 37 Touchdowns, 7 Picks

That doesn't look too bad, does it.

Lets see his #'s in the three biggest games of the season. (Home vs Michigan, @ USC, bowl game vs LSU)

656 passing yards, 8 TD's, 5 picks

Quite pedestrian.

The balance of those numbers:

2770 passing yards, 29 TDs, 2 picks

Those were built up against stellar football powerhouses such as Navy, North carolina, Air Force, Army, etc.

This is not a Brady/Quinn comparison, I'm just saying that the point is to move down the field and end up in the end zone. The Browns did that twice, so what's to criticize?

there's nothing wrong with it, but what happens when they take away the short stuff and force him to make some plays?

Yeah, but Brady threw to guys who were covered. And this is coming from someone who lived in NE for 3 years and watched almost every game they played. Including all the Super Bowls when you were still in high school ;)

I could see Quinn ending up having game like Brady's in time though. If he just had a little more arm strength.

Archived