Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Complete Stats From Skins @ Titans Pre-Season game

TK

1.5 ypc for Betts. Amazing that Skins fans feel that he should be the starter. Hopefully people will realize that Betts was a total product of a dominant oline last season and that he is greatly outmatched by CP.

Thats a ridiculous statement. Betts has demonstrated that given opportunities and decent O-line play, he is a worthy starter. You could throw out the kind of statement you just made about almost any back in the NFL. Of course the O-line play is huge, but even the greatest line play isn't going to make someone without gifts look special.

Betts will likely make you eat your words this season. Btw, CP is only a better back when he makes it onto the field. I'm not convinced he'll be healthy enough this year for long enough to be the #1 back.

1.5 ypc for Betts. Amazing that Skins fans feel that he should be the starter. Hopefully people will realize that Betts was a total product of a dominant oline last season and that he is greatly outmatched by CP.
Thats a ridiculous statement. Betts has demonstrated that given opportunities and decent O-line play, he is a worthy starter. You could throw out the kind of statement you just made about almost any back in the NFL. Of course the O-line play is huge, but even the greatest line play isn't going to make someone without gifts look special.

Betts will likely make you eat your words this season. Btw, CP is only a better back when he makes it onto the field. I'm not convinced he'll be healthy enough this year for long enough to be the #1 back.

Unless he somehow proves that he's a superior running back to CP and that he should be the starter, I don't see how Betts could possibly make me "eat my words". If you think that he can satisfy these two conditions, you, my friend, are delusional.

Unless he somehow proves that he's a superior running back to CP and that he should be the starter, I don't see how Betts could possibly make me "eat my words". If you think that he can satisfy these two conditions, you, my friend, are delusional.

You can't prove something to someone who refutes whats staring them right in the face :) Come on man - the guy absolutely shone when CP went out last year. Are you blind? You are seriously going to push that performance aside because he didn't dazzle you in a frigging preseason game?

That strikes ME as delusional.

Unless he somehow proves that he's a superior running back to CP and that he should be the starter, I don't see how Betts could possibly make me "eat my words".

He could make you eat your words by maintaining what he accomplished last year. Add to that, as Tarhog stated and as LB has proven, he can be a quality starter with a compotent o-line.

CP has health problems and LB has fumble problems. Which one would you say is easier to 'fix'? CP is without a doubt the better of the two if you go by career numbers. However, until CP can prove that he can stay healthy... how much good can a wounded duck do for you?

You can't prove something to someone who refutes whats staring them right in the face :) Come on man - the guy absolutely shone when CP went out last year. Are you blind? You are seriously going to push that performance aside because he didn't dazzle you in a frigging preseason game?

That strikes ME as delusional.

First of all, ANY running back in the entire national football league would have shone in CP's absense given our oline's performance. Secondly, I've discounted Betts's performance long before the preseason game. He didn't do anything in 06 that any other running back in the NFL couldn't have done with our offensive line in front of them.

Not if CP surpasses what Betts did last year. All I said was that he isn't as talented as CP, and that he should never displace him as the starter. As long as CP outperforms Betts, my words will not be eaten.

As I said.. lets see CP stay healthy and do what Betts did last year. I like CP and want him to have a 2k 20TD season or better :silly: .. but, he can do no better than Rock Cartwright if he can not stay healthy.

As I said.. lets see CP stay healthy and do what Betts did last year. I like CP and want him to have a 2k 20TD season or better :silly: .. but, he can do no better than Rock Cartwright if he can not stay healthy.

Fair enough. But let's not label CP as unhealthy yet, as he has yet to miss a regular season game in 07.

Fair enough. But let's not label CP as unhealthy yet, as he has yet to miss a regular season game in 07.

Fair enough.

BUT. Only if you can agree to not label Betts as 'a product of great o-line play'. I mean.. he hasn't disproved his great play last year yet because he hasn't played a regular season game in 07.

TK -- Thanks for this gamebook report. It would be great if the season's worth of these pdf files could be archived somewhere on the board.

I can see how this quick access to these stats gamebook reports could help keep the record straight in future discussions.

For example, I would note that while he didn't get any sacks, Philip Daniels did get three solo tackles in the time he was playing last night. It was also interesting to see how a backup linebacker (Trucks) racked up a lot of tackles, especiallly when that guy is struggling to hang on with the club.

Thanks again!

It showed me that we should have traded betts while his value was high. The guy had only 6 yards on 4 carries. One of those carries were for 7 yards, SO the other 3 carries gained a -1 yard.

I would suggest a different reason. None of our running backs did much. There were no holes to run thru.

When all the running backs suffer you must look at the line. Its only logic.

I would suggest a different reason. None of our running backs did much. There were no holes to run thru.

When all the running backs suffer you must look at the line. Its only logic.

Come on now! Why bring logic into this?! :doh: ;)

We should trade all of our runningbacks.. except CP. We will all just pray that he stays healthy. If he can't.. We will just throw bombs to Moss all day. I smell Superbowl ladies and gentlemen. :rolleyes:

I dont get it.

You label betts with the excuse of a good oline last year, but you wont take last year into account when talking about portis.

I hate to tell you buddy, but the oline willl make or break any back in the nfl regardless of skill level and/or mancrushes.

Only facts matter, and the facts are;

We had a good oline last year, Betts used it to rack up 1400 yards in 9 games. Portis sat on the bench.

Nothing else matters. There is no arguement. Put up or shut up. Thats my stance to all players in any position. That is what they get paid a ton of cash to do.

Its a cold hard fact, but sitting down injured makes you irrelevant.

Come on now! Why bring logic into this?! :doh: ;)

We should trade all of our runningbacks.. except CP. We will all just pray that he stays healthy. If he can't.. We will just throw bombs to Moss all day. I smell Superbowl ladies and gentlemen. :rolleyes:

Lol, i see you counter my logic with sarcasm.

I feel you and i think we are probably in the same mindset.

I also refuse to panic because I do not think our oline will be an issue in the regular season.

Its almost as bad as on Titans forum where they were discussing how their Dline just pwned ours and were happy because our Oline was proven with Sam and Janson as anchors.

I didnt bother to log in and remind them of Sam being out, the rookie at left end, the project of Wade, or Thomas coming back from surgery. It seemed a waste of time.

For all those 'nay-sayers', who espouse 'gloom & doom' with regards to our Starting QB (Jason CAMPBELL's) performance vs. the Tennessee TITANS - read the following (particularly, as it relates to Miami DOLPHINS Starting QB, Trent GREEN) (now, Mark BRUNNELL's performance is 'another issue'):

Dolphins 18, Jaguars 17

By ANTONIO GONZALEZ, Associated Press Writer

Sat Aug 11, 10:47 PM

MIAMI - About the only thing new quarterback Trent Green led the Miami Dolphins offense to Saturday night was a smattering of boos.

Green struggled in his Dolphins debut, underthrowing receivers and managing just 60 yards, on 6-for-15 passing, with one interception, in Miami's 18-17 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars in the exhibition opener for both teams.

Green, the Dolphins' biggest offseason acquisition, took every snap in the first half and led the Dolphins to just four first downs in six possessions. He exited amid boos from the crowd at Dolphin Stadium in four of his last five drives, and led Miami to only one scoring drive - a 26-yard field goal by Jay Feely.

``It's a crazy business,'' said Green, who added he didn't hear the jeers. ``People can respond to different things. I don't take a lot of that too much to heart being that it's the first preseason game. That's why you play preseason games.''

Miami coach Cam Cameron pinned much of the early woes on the offensive line.

``He is still clever in the pocket,'' Cameron said. ``We'll get our protection units squared away.''

Patrick Cobbs' 3-yard touchdown run, followed by his two-point conversion run, provided the winning score for the Dolphins with 3:46 left - on a drive led by rookie quarterback John Beck, who was 3-for-5 for 23 yards in the series.

Josh Scobee missed a 43-yard field from the dirt with 42 seconds left to seal Miami's victory. Scobee made an NFL-best 14 field goals last season between 40 and 49 yards.

Earlier this week, Cameron seemed to stir up some quarterback controversy, or maybe just some competition. Green and backup Cleo Lemon were listed in the first-team column as co-starters on Cameron's depth chart before the game.

The only thing separating them was a slash between their names, and the team's exhibition opener didn't seem to spell any separation. The loudest ovation of the night went to Beck when he entered early in the fourth quarter.

The Jaguars, who ranked second in the NFL in rushing last season with Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew, have said that this training camp is all about fine-tuning the passing game. They didn't shy away from throwing in their first of four exhibition games.

Byron Leftwich was 7-for-11 passing for 78 yards and a touchdown in his first game for Jacksonville since a loss against the Houston Texans on Oct. 22, when he suffered a sprained left ankle and later had season-ending surgery.

Leftwich dazzled Miami when he managed to stay off the ground. He was pressured constantly by the Dolphins defense, who played without reigning defensive player of the year Jason Taylor and stars Zach Thomas and Keith Traylor. All three were not in uniform, but Miami still managed to sack Leftwich and hurry him several other times.

Leftwich didn't have a problem with accuracy either. Two of his four incompletions were dropped passes by Matt Jones.

``We had some good stuff,'' Leftwich said. ``We also had some missed assignments up front where we could have had some big plays but that is what the preseason is for. We will be OK. We are still fine-tuning everything.''

Reserve David Garrard looked equally impressive in relief, throwing for 153 yards on 12-for-16 passing.

Third-string quarterback Quinn Gray apparently didn't make the trip to Miami. Tim Couch played behind Garrard and Leftwich.

The Dolphins might have found a solid backup for running back Ronnie Brown in Jesse Chatman, who had a 74-yard touchdown run in the third quarter to get Miami within 17-10.

Chatman finished with six rushes for 88 yards. The last time the Jaguars played against Chatman, he replaced LaDainian Tomlinson in San Diego and had 11 rushes for 103 yards in a 34-21 win Oct. 10, 2004.

Alvin Pearman gave the Jaguars a 17-3 lead with a 1-yard touchdown rush to start the second half. Dennis Northcutt caught a 1-yard touchdown pass from Leftwich, who led the 11-play, 75-yard drive for Jacksonville.

Scobee converted a 32-yard field goal to put the Jaguars ahead 10-0 in the second quarter.

Archived