Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BYE, BYE Cartwright! (Merged)

skinsfan4l1fe

I am still waiting for ya.

Ok, Ok He touched the ball 8 times. He had a nice catch out the backfield for a first down and keep the chains moving. But, Mason played and Rock didn't so that round goes to Mason by default. 2 - 0. I bet you thought Marshall had a spot on the squad also. Ravens this week. So Rock has 2 more games to show something. This weeks quote " You can't make the club in the Tub!"

Ok, Ok He touched the ball 8 times. He had a nice catch out the backfield for a first down and keep the chains moving. But, Mason played and Rock didn't so that round goes to Mason by default. 2 - 0. I bet you thought Marshall had a spot on the squad also. Ravens this week. So Rock has 2 more games to show something. This weeks quote " You can't make the club in the Tub!"

I have to take this one sentence at a time.

Ok, Ok He touched the ball 8 times. He had a nice catch out the backfield for a first down and keep the chains moving.

The nice catch out of the backfield was for 6 yds. He also had 7 carries. One of those was for no gain.........and one for a minus gain. And I think 2 of them was for 1 yard. And we all know he falls forward. :laugh: So....I guess he stood still and fell forward. And these runs were against the 3rd quarter defense.

But, Mason played and Rock didn't so that round goes to Mason by default. 2 - 0.

Oh tell me you didnt say this. He "won" the round by default. :laugh: He had NO competition. I certainly would not be gloating about my guy.

"Mason was so awesome....he won the battle" "Uh yeah....the other guy couldnt show up." Not sure that has much of an impact.

I bet you thought Marshall had a spot on the squad also.

???????? Uh........and this has to go with Rock, how?

So Rock has 2 more games to show something.

Uh......actually Rock is the incumbent.........so truth be told MASON has to move him out of the job. That is what competition is all about. Rock is the guy that has been in the position......Mason must prove to be better. So.....really MASON has 2 games to "show something".

You can't make the club in the Tub!"

Hmmmmmmm. CP has not played a down YET. Samuels is out. Jason may not play this week. MW is out. That cute little phrase really doesnt do it.

The nice catch out of the backfield was for 6 yds. He also had 7 carries. One of those was for no gain.........and one for a minus gain. And I think 2 of them was for 1 yard. And we all know he falls forward. :laugh: So....I guess he stood still and fell forward. And these runs were against the 3rd quarter defense.

And you think Rock would do better?? Behind a Oline trying to get it together.

Uh......actually Rock is the incumbent.........so truth be told MASON has to move him out of the job. That is what competition is all about. Rock is the guy that has been in the position......Mason must prove to be better. So.....really MASON has 2 games to "show something".

There is no incumbent for a guy like Rock he has to prove himself every year. He roster spot is never solidified.

Hmmmmmmm. CP has not played a down YET. Samuels is out. Jason may not play this week. MW is out. That cute little phrase really doesnt do it.

I know your not putting Rock in CP's league. That's laughable. Do you know if Rock is playing this week? If so, Do you honestly believe he will show up against the Ravens in any tangible stat category? Don't give me that special teams stuff not enough roster spots to keep average guys and let young talent walk every year.

I know your not putting Rock in CP's league. That's laughable.
And you think Rock would do better?? Behind a Oline trying to get it together.

There is no incumbent for a guy like Rock he has to prove himself every year. He roster spot is never solidified.

I know your not putting Rock in CP's league. That's laughable. Do you know if Rock is playing this week? If so, Do you honestly believe he will show up against the Ravens in any tangible stat category? Don't give me that special teams stuff not enough roster spots to keep average guys and let young talent walk every year.

Awwwwwwwwww.....you broke it down like I did.

Ok.......second verse.

Every year for the last 5 years he has proved it. Every year for the last 5 years there have been threads like this predicting his demise.

I know your not putting Rock in CP's league. That's laughable.

Dont even try to turn this around. YOU were the one that tried the cutesie little saying. There are many players in the tub.........so....ya might want to get your rhyming skills to work again. ;)

If so, Do you honestly believe he will show up against the Ravens in any tangible stat category?

Yep. I honestly do. Otherwise, why would I believe in him? That is really kind of a DUH statement.

Rock did practice today. I know he is doing everything to get the soreness out of his hammy.........so he can be on the field.

Don't give me that special teams stuff not enough roster spots to keep average guys and let young talent walk every year.

There very well be a year that young talent comes in and replaces him.

Just not this year.

Mason is practice squad material. Dee Brown and Blaylock will probably not make the final roster, although Derrick could make it if the Redskins decide to keep 4 backs.

In truth, I have seen backs like Mason with some skills shine in the preseason come and go over time. Anyone remember Sultan McCullough or Robert Gillespie?

Mason is a harder runner than either of those two so I am thinking he makes the practice squad, with a chance to get promoted if there are injuries down the road.

Cartwright can not only back up the primary backs but is also the team's best kickoff returner.

He isn't going to be cut outright. There would be at least 5 or 6 other teams that would snap up Cartwright on the open market.

Dallas and Philly come to mind :)

Rock's going nowhere. What is it with the people who constantly undervalue this guy? Many teams would be happy with him @ # 2 RB, KR, and ST. And he's never a real head case for the team when we consistently push him to #3 or even #4 (Duckett).

Rock's going nowhere. What is it with the people who constantly undervalue this guy? Many teams would be happy with him @ # 2 RB, KR, and ST. And he's never a real head case for the team when we consistently push him to #3 or even #4 (Duckett).

AMEN Jumbo. plus i love to say "give it to Rock". hes a little beast. and by little i mean short. dude is about as wide as he is tall. i met hime a couple years ago and Rock is STOUT.

Rock, a no. 2 back? You must be kidding. However, he is more important to us than any other backs not named Betts or Portis for our roster because he is a no. 3 back who is also one of our best STers in coverage and also on kick returns.

This is also the reason Adebolah Jimoh will not get cut.

Rock, a no. 2 back? You must be kidding. However, he is more important to us than any other backs not named Betts or Portis for our roster because he is a no. 3 back who is also one of our best STers in coverage and also on kick returns.

This is also the reason Adebolah Jimoh will not get cut.

I said "many teams", not us--not as long as we have CP & Betts. Read. :)

I'd like to see Mason make it as a #4 back if we can make room on the roster or on the PS. Rock didn't look amazing running the ball tonight but our first string o-line wasn't in sync at all. I don't see Rock being cut just due to his value on ST and his leadership. He's a captain and the guys are fairly fond of him.

IMO, Mason will get a chance to win a spot against the Ravens on Saturday. If he breaks one, he wraps up a spot.

Archived