Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fantasy football help.

72SKINS

To all you fantasy players out there I need some help. I am in a league where I can only have one keeper from last year

here's my problem for my QB i have Peyton Manning

my running backs are

Reggie Bush, Frank Gore, Joseph Adaii, Willis Mchgahee.

Since I can only keep one player who would you keep......... thanks for all you opinions in advance....

HTTR !!

I would say Adaii. If your keeper leauge is anything like mine the person you keep is the spot you lose in your draft pick. So if you drafted adaii in the 5 round then you lose your 5th round pick. If you picked him up as a free agent then you lose your last round pick. He is going to be a stud fantasy wise this year he turned it on great last year. You can always get a good qb plus Rbs tend to get more points the Qbs

And add, if you are considering keeping Bush over any of those other players you mentioned, i'll be running a league this year and you are extremely welcome to join.
I would say Adaii. If your keeper leauge is anything like mine the person you keep is the spot you lose in your draft pick. So if you drafted adaii in the 5 round then you lose your 5th round pick. If you picked him up as a free agent then you lose your last round pick. He is going to be a stud fantasy wise this year he turned it on great last year. You can always get a good qb plus Rbs tend to get more points the Qbs

:laugh: This guy is welcome to join too! :laugh:

:laugh: This guy is welcome to join too! :laugh:

Why is what I wrote funny? Does it not make sense to you? Or you think its funny I would take adaii? The reason I say that is because you could still pick up Drew Brees if you want to go from last year and only had 50 points less than manning. Manning usually goes in the 1st round. So you could still get a great qb and another rb. Rbs are scarce once you get past the 2nd round.

Even without knowing the scoring the answer is still Manning. He will (barring injury) throw close to 40 TD (if not more), he will throw for close to 4000 yards (if not more) he rarely throws INTs, and he doesn't get sacked much. Even if TD passes are worth 4 points, he will still put up more points than any of those other guys. (To change the phrase already phrase used here, if I could find a league in which any of those RBs can outscore Manning, it's a league I don't want to be a part of.)

None of the other guys he has will measure up in any way shape or form unless Manning gets hurt.

Addai is the only other one worth thinking about, since I believe Gore is about to backslide under the new offensive coordinator. (Let's face it,, Norv is gold for a RB.. this new guy they have has not called plays since he did it for Indiana (PA), a division IV school I believe, and that was 8 yrs ago.)

McGahee is nice, but not in the same tier as Gore or Addai, and Manning trumps them both.

In terms of value, he's the consensus #1 QB in the fantasy draft. The dropoff after him is considerable, even among the elite QBs. You do not throw back the best QB in the league.

1 keeper means there will be plenty of RBs in the draft. Considering you're throwing back 2 out of the top ten right away, AND McGahee, bet that there will be ample opportunity to get a top back, probably even one of the guys you're tossing in.

Winning your league means winning at positions every week. And you can bank on Manning winning the QB position vs your opponent practically every single week.

~Bang

Even without knowing the scoring the answer is still Manning. He will (barring injury) throw close to 40 TD (if not more), he will throw for close to 4000 yards (if not more) he rarely throws INTs, and he doesn't get sacked much. Even if TD passes are worth 4 points, he will still put up more points than any of those other guys. (To use the phrase used here, if I could find a league in which any of those RBs can outscore Manning, it's a league I don't want to be a part of.)

None of the other guys he has will measure up in any way shape or form unless Manning gets hurt.

Addai is the only other one worth thinking about, since I believe Gore is about to backslide under the new offensive coordinator. (Let's face it,, Norv is gold for a RB.. this new guy they have has not called plays since he did it for Indiana (PA), a division IV school I believe, and that was 8 yrs ago.)

McGahee is nice, but not in the same tier as Gore or Addai, and Manning trumps them both.

In terms of value, he's the consensus #1 QB in the fantasy draft. The dropoff after him is considerable, even among the elite QBs. You do not throw back the best QB in the league.

1 keeper means there will be plenty of RBs in the draft. Considering you're throwing back 2 out of the top ten right away, AND McGahee, bet that there will be ample opportunity to get a top back, probably even one of the guys you're tossing in.

~Bang

Here is the thing though. It all depends on where you are picking in your draft. Manning in most leauges will go anywhere from the 4-8th pick in a draft. He is never drafted first in any leauge i have been in. So if you take Adaii and he is your 6th round pick and you are starting as the 3 -6 range picks of your new draft it would only make sense to Keep adaii and not lose your first round pick. then you could take manning as your 4th pick and still have adaii and manning.

Even if TD passes are worth 4 points, he will still put up more points than any of those other guys. (To use the phrase used here, if I could find a league in which any of those RBs can outscore Manning, it's a league I don't want to be a part of.)
Obviously he will outscore those guys, so will 5 other QBs or more. That is not the question. The question is the degree to which Manning will outscore other QBs to the degree that Addai (the best of the bunch) will be able to score with the top RBs. Manning and, say, Mcgahee (who let's say is the best Rb available when the guys drafts) may pale to Addai and Hasselbeck. Manning is probably the best keeper, but certainly not a "no brainer" without knowing all the factors.

Also FYI Manning has only thrown over 40 TDs once and over 30 3 times. To expect 40 is pretty optimistic. To expect 30 is realistic but 25-30 is more likely.

Why is what I wrote funny? Does it not make sense to you? Or you think its funny I would take adaii? The reason I say that is because you could still pick up Drew Brees if you want to go from last year and only had 50 points less than manning. Manning usually goes in the 1st round. So you could still get a great qb and another rb. Rbs are scarce once you get past the 2nd round.

I guess in your system, if you lost a first round pick, yeah. Personally, I will never have Manning on a FF team, because I always go RB, RB, WR. :whoknows: But if I HAD him for some reason, and I could keep him without giving up a draft pick, then I would certainly keep him. :)

I guess in your system, if you lost a first round pick, yeah. Personally, I will never have Manning on a FF team, because I always go RB, RB, WR. :whoknows: But if I HAD him for some reason, and I could keep him without giving up a draft pick, then I would certainly keep him. :)

Yeah and I understand cause I draft the same way. However in all the keeper leauges I have played in you lose the draft pick for the new year that you drafted him from the year before. Does that make sense?

Yeah and I understand cause I draft the same way. However in all the keeper leauges I have played in you lose the draft pick for the new year that you drafted him from the year before. Does that make sense?

I guess...I've never done a keeper league before. I don't know enough people committed enough to try it.

I never Had Peyton either. I like to go RB, WR, WR, then a sleeper RB. On the years it works out (Edge's rookie year, LT's rookie year, when I somehow got Willie Parker in the 4th round last year), it's an easy road to the playoffs.

There's nothing wrong with keeping Manning. If you're only allowed to keep one person, it's the same as taking him in the first round of your draft. I like Addai, & I like Gore, but you gotta keep Peyton.

Archived