Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any news on Clinton???

Ant15fromNJ

I know hes resting the knee to get to 100% for the regular season but is it getting any better?? I never heard a time table for his return lately.. Just wondering if anyone knows any information on Portis Im starting to get a bit worried I would of thought he would be back in a week..

As far as I know, he's going day to day and said if there was a regular season game tomorrow, he'd be able to go. I think it's just his way of protesting playing in the preseason. Tendonitis is a nagging injury that probably won't ever completely go away but it won't really have as much an effect on his game as people would have you believe provided he goes about treatment the right way.

I've gotten the impression that he is pretty much 100% right now but is using his knee as an excuse to sit out. He's always said he hated camp and pre season and after last year thing he doesn't wanna risk getting hurt early/

I've gotten the impression that he is pretty much 100% right now but is using his knee as an excuse to sit out. He's always said he hated camp and pre season and after last year thing he doesn't wanna risk getting hurt early/

im with you on this one...i think he is faking

im with you on this one...i think he is faking

I was on this bandwagon until doctors visibly saw tendonitis on the MRI. That's a problem. Clinton will never be 100% again in his career, but I'd still take a 90% Portis over a 100% any other NFC running back. With our offensive line transition period, we need a pass blocking back like Portis back there.

He'll still be a home run threat, but tendonitis can quickly bring a 4 YPC average down closer to a 3 YPC average. I don't question for one second that this is a bad development for us, but it's not TERRIBLE. I expect with Wade moving to guard, that the vast majority of CP runs will be off tackle or way outside. Betts will do the gut-running cuz he's got his knees.

I was on this bandwagon until doctors visibly saw tendonitis on the MRI. That's a problem. Clinton will never be 100% again in his career, but I'd still take a 90% Portis over a 100% any other NFC running back. With our offensive line transition period, we need a pass blocking back like Portis back there.

He'll still be a home run threat, but tendonitis can quickly bring a 4 YPC average down closer to a 3 YPC average. I don't question for one second that this is a bad development for us, but it's not TERRIBLE. I expect with Wade moving to guard, that the vast majority of CP runs will be off tackle or way outside. Betts will do the gut-running cuz he's got his knees.

wtf are you talking about? clinton will never be the same? clinton can't run btwn the tackles anymore? are you inside clinton's body, member of a pro sports medicine team, or did you stay at a holiday inn express last night?

first and foremost, injuries that "regular" people get linger a lot longer than pro athletes. your doctor will tell you to deal with it, while the redskins doctors/trainers will fix it.

i'll take a wait and see approach. i think with rest, proper stretching and strengthening he'll be 100% in a couple of weeks.

Dude its JUST tendonitis. Chill. He'll fully recover.

i am sick of clinton portis. i hope ladell takes over as the starter. he whines too much complaining about joe gibbs and how they need to get away during the offseason. please. oh yeah how are all those miami players that dont want to be with their teams in the offseason doing? lets see portis, moss, shockey and plaxico all are missing time in training camp due to nagging injuries. maybe they should train with the teams that are paying them an awful amount of money.

Archived