Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SI: Snap Judgements (Jason Campbell out on the town!)

RIDETHEWALRUS

Don Banks

"Snap Judgements"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/08/07/snap.judgments/1.html

One of the more amazing things I've learned on my camp travels thus far is that Redskins starting quarterback Jason Campbell thinks a big night out on the town in D.C. involves ... bowling. Lots of bowling. Campbell has even been known to take the kids in his neighborhood on a bowling outing, and by some estimates this offseason, he spent multiple nights a week at the nearby bowling alley. If Campbell doesn't make it in the nation's capital, it won't be because he's not well-grounded and focused on the task at hand. The bright lights won't get to him. As I recall, they keep it pretty dim in a bowling alley.

"Not everybody gets the opportunity to be a quarterback in the National Football League,'' Campbell told me last week. "So I want to try and take full advantage of it.''

I thought young QBs were supposed to be carrying purses and judging beauty pagents in their off time.

If you guys go to the link, the guy pretty much bashes our team when he ranks us 7th weakest team out of 8 teams (Giants were the only teams ranked worse) that he's seen in Training Camp so far. Ugh.

I am stunned by this guy. The fact that he considers nights out bowling and staying away from the big lights shows a level of responsibility that I believe will lead him to greatness. It is one thing to show up to the training facility every day, it is another to do it not hung over (Romo sits to pee). His quiet nature reminds me of another Redskin great who deserves but may or may not ever make it to the h.o.f.

If you guys go to the link, the guy pretty much bashes our team when he ranks us 7th weakest team out of 8 teams (Giants were the only teams ranked worse) that he's seen in Training Camp so far. Ugh.

I seriously doubt Banks has seen much of anything in Redskins Camp.

I find it hard to believe he would be flying around to all 32 NFL training camps and being able to read anything.

He may go to all 32 camps, but he couldn't spend more than an hour or two there.

Hardly enough time to "get a feel" for anything. :)

His vibe on the various camps is irrelevant. What is relevant is the guy who is the absolute most critical to this team next year is an even keeled hard working man who believes taking out neighborhood kids bowling is taking advantage of his time in the NFL. It is remarkably refreshing that he isn't running around with his posse or out drinking with crappy country music singers.

No, not all of them. Just the ones who finish the season with a 95 or higher rating.

If my rating was in the mid 70's, I'd be hanging out in dark bowling alleys too.

I guess now that he has been removed from holder duties he has alot more time on his hands. Plus with all the experience he is getting holding onto carrie's purse it should strengthen his ability to hold onto a football, its not like his 9 fumbles demonstrated a bit of the butter fingers.

No, not all of them. Just the ones who finish the season with a 95 or higher rating.

If my rating was in the mid 70's, I'd be hanging out in dark bowling alleys too.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Actually, Mr. 95 rating needs to learn how to hold onto the ball.....we know he can hold purses but he better learn to wipe off the annointing oil and hold onto the ball. Guess he wants to out do Mcnabb as NFCE choker.

Image3.gif

What you gonna do when Romomania fumbles a snap and loses a game for you BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe Romo sits to pee should go to a bowling alley, buy one of those ball return units and install it on the Cowboys sidelines so he can use the little hand dryer thingie before he goes in to hold for field goals.

Jason Campbell. Cam - P - bell. I know it's a silent "p".... but come on.... Campbell is such a common last name it's a silly mistake that's repeated so often it's frightening.

Seriously... does anybody know anybody with a last name spelled "Cambell"?

Jason Campbell. Cam - P - bell. I know it's a silent "p".... but come on.... Campbell is such a common last name it's a silly mistake that's repeated so often it's frightening.

Seriously... does anybody know anybody with a last name spelled "Cambell"?

Well that makes me feel dumber than a cowpuke fan. I consistently make the mistake though because one of my closests friends in fact has the last name Cambell.

Wally, amigo,in order to retain your thread-starting privileges, please go to the forum rules, re-read how to correctly format a new thread based on an article, and then return and edit this so it's done right--thanks. :);)

Ahh its late, I forgot, you ever forget? I did.:silly:

At least JC isnt doing anything wrong.

Apparently I did.

Archived