Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles guys on the bubble?

bedlamVR

http://www.nj.com/eagles/times/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/118628680184750.xml&coll=5&thispage=2

Jerome McDougle, DE -- The Eagles traded up to select the former University of Miami standout with the 15th overall pick in the 2003 NFL draft, but his pro career seemed doomed from the start. McDougle skipped out on the first week of training camp to get a six-year contract from the Eagles that included $6.122 million in bonuses. McDougle suffered injuries to his ankle, knee and hip in the final preseason game of his rookie year against the Jets at Lincoln Financial Field and missed the first eight games.

In 2004, McDougle first was put on the shelf with an irregular heartbeat, then lost four games to a sprained knee. He missed all of 2005 after being shot in the abdo men during a robbery attempt near his home in Miami on the eve of training camp. He saw his most action last season, but over a most forgettable four-year career in which he has never started a game, McDougle has just 23 solo tackles and three sacks. The Eagles likely will begin the season with 10 defensive linemen.....

....Kelly Holcomb, QB -- The veteran Holcomb was thrown into the March trade that sent Darwin Walker to the Buffalo Bills in ex change for Spikes. He would have been safe as the team's third- string QB behind Donovan McNabb and A.J. Feeley had the Eagles not drafted Kevin Kolb with the 36th pick in the 2007 draft. ...

...Montae Reagor, DT -- Once a powerful defensive tackle for the Colts before a life-threatening automobile accident in October, the Eagles took a leap of faith with Reagor, who had knee and extensive facial surgery after the crash that required the insertion of 15 plates in his head. Knee swelling has kept the former second- round pick of the Denver Broncos in 1999 out of the first week of camp, but many believe the Eagles will not give up on him just yet....

Three names that are not that supprising really looking at the production ... but one a first round pick, one the subject of a big offseason trade, and one a big free agaent signing... i didn't know Reagor was so messed up by the accident . I was just wondering what the eagles fans thought of the speculation....

http://www.nj.com/eagles/times/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/118628680184750.xml&coll=5&thispage=2

....Kelly Holcomb, QB -- The veteran Holcomb was thrown into the March trade that sent Darwin Walker to the Buffalo Bills in ex change for Spikes. He would have been safe as the team's third- string QB behind Donovan McNabb and A.J. Feeley had the Eagles not drafted Kevin Kolb with the 36th pick in the 2007 draft. ...

Maybe Andy Reid will get a "gut feeling" about Holcomb and keep him on the team. :doh:

Butch Davis was such terrible coach. I still can't believe that was his reasoning for starting him after Tim Couch had a better pre-season that year.

Three names that are not that supprising really looking at the production ... but one a first round pick, one the subject of a big offseason trade, and one a big free agaent signing... i didn't know Reagor was so messed up by the accident.
Little surprise with these names, although I too did not realize the severity of Reagors injury.

It seems the Eagles woes never cease when it comes to first round DL picks. Recent history indicates they should stick with later round picks when choosing DL. They are counting heavily on to other 1st rounders to come through for them up the middle. Patterson has been eh, average and Bunkley, well.................... They do have Ramsey and made a smart move in grabbing Ian Scott late.

The Vikings should have made an attempt at Holcomb like rumors suggested. He'll probably get cut, but at this stage it will be catch up to familiarize himself to their system.

I was just wondering what the eagles fans thought of the speculation....
Since the mods were forced to play potato masher during Junes Great Tater Invasion, we don't seem to have too many Eagle fans.

Since when was Kelly Holcomb the big subject of a trade in the offseason? He was an afterthought. Montae Reagor was a big off season signing? TKO is what a big signing is.

McDougle is the only player that is kind of a big deal.

Fortunately for the Eagles, he may not make the team because DE is a crowded position. I can think of a few other teams that could not afford to have a first round bust at this position.

Since the mods were forced to play potato masher during Junes Great Tater Invasion, we don't seem to have too many Eagle fans.

Most of us are still here....but at least in my situation, I want to wait until they play a game before I chime in too much. So instead of doing alot of talking (except for my preview) I'm just bookmarking alot of comments. Nothing beats throwing stuff back into arrogant fans faces once the season gets going....ya know? :D

McDougle and Holcombe are completely expected, the second round of this year's draft sealed both of their fates. Reagor has been the topic of discussion among Eagles fans this week. Veterans who can't fight off injury and get into training camp typically suffer tough fates with the Eagles. Reagor carries a reasonable cap hit though, so I'd be shocked if he was cut.

I can't really see why these things would speak against the Eagles front office. Every team has bubble players, each of whom were selected by their team's front office.

Corey Bradford is by no means a gurantee in Washington, because of the play of Mike Espy. If Espy makes Bradford expendable, the Skins front office should be applauded for finding Espy, not chastized for signing Bradford.

Since when was Kelly Holcomb the big subject of a trade in the offseason? He was an afterthought.
As stated the Vikings were interested in him.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6973966

I can think of a few other teams that could not afford to have a first round bust at this position.
True and I don't think any one is arguing that. You must admit when it comes to first round DL Eagle choices they haven't had the best track record over the past 15 years; Renfro, Mamula, Harris, Simon, McDougle and Bunkley. Patterson has played okay so far.:2cents:
Most of us are still here....but at least in my situation, I want to wait until they play a game before I chime in too much.
And most of us appreciate your style N5!:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived