Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Still Comfortable with Mark as the Backup? (Merged)

D-Day

I dont think it would "ruin" our season. I do believe it would make things more difficult but we have RB's that can carry this team. IF and i say IF very assertively, JC were to go down with an injury, i think Portis/Betts would be able to pick up some of the slack. A lot of people didnt think Jeff Garcia could do what he did last year so whos to say Brunell cant? NO i wouldnt buy any stock in Brunell but i'm not gonna wash out our season

Don't get me wrong, I think JC will be ok. He looked alittle rusty, but so did Brett Farve and a couple of other qbs this week. I would think he will have a great year.

But what if JC gets hurt. Brunell is gone as a starter for any team in this league. Todd Looked good last night but he faced the Titans 3rd string dee and has never played well enough to earn a starting role in his career.

I gues what I am asking, if J.C. goes down will our season be over?

:point2sky:point2sky :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky

"For those who are about to die, we salute you"

Our season won't be over if CP and Ladell run the ball a combined 50 times a game and keep the ball out of Brunell's hands.

There aren't many teams that wouldn't be in bad shape if their first QB went down. That said, being that Mark has regular season starting experience with this offense I think we're better off than a lot of teams out there.

Don't get me wrong, I think JC will be ok. He looked alittle rusty, but so did Brett Farve and a couple of other qbs this week. I would think he will have a great year.

Rusty?

This is the guy who supposedly worked harder than any player in NFL history in the off season and was supposed to be showing remarkable improvement.

And when we finally see him, "rusty" is what we get?

I think all the off season talk was BS. He didn't show any improvement whatsoever out there. It was the same Boom/Bust roller coaster.

A case could be made that he even regressed from last year. At least last year he was scoring TDs and not fumbling.

Rusty?

This is the guy who supposedly worked harder than any player in NFL history in the off season and was supposed to be showing remarkable improvement.

And when we finally see him, "rusty" is what we get?

I think all the off season talk was BS. He didn't show any improvement whatsoever out there. It was the same Boom/Bust roller coaster.

A case could be made that he even regressed from last year. At least last year he was scoring TDs and not fumbling.

sounds a little harsh brah. JC had some great throws.

I think he needs to get his mental clock down. Experienced QB's know when they are out of time and need to chuck it or tuck it and run. The commentators were blaming the oline a little too much last night i thought. i would have liked to see bigger holes for the running game, but i thought they pass protected well. JC was just holding the ball past the 3 and 5 second marks in the pocket and still thinking he had more time to throw...

anyhow...he's young, got like what guys? 6,7,8 games under his belt? i didn't see anything that i don't think the coaches and a little more game time action would fix...

and as for brunell...i can't take watching him anywhere but with a clipboard. i'd rather he just man up and tell coach he knows he's through, take his 8 million and watch the skins on nfl ticket from his couch.

Go Skins Go! :cheers:

He has to be cut.

Keep Collins as the #2 and see if Palmer can amount to anything... Why the Bramlet cut?????

Collins look like crap in the scrimmage. He looked sharp last night, but so did Danny Weurfell late in the Osaka game.

I'll trust whatever the coaches decide, figuring it may be possible that they know more than some of us on ES. Hopefully at least Palmer makes the team or cutting Bramlet so early in camp makes even less sense to me.

Archived