Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Still Comfortable with Mark as the Backup? (Merged)

D-Day

After watching ol Mark in the scrimmage today I was wondering if anyone is ready to change their "Mark will be a great #2" stance yet. I have and I will continue to maintain that he is physically unable to run this offense. Todays scrimmage only solidified that for me. Here are my reasons.

1. His passes looked the same to me as they did last year. Weak.

2. I don't think a 10 yard pass should have an arc, sorry.

3. If this is how he looks one week into training camp with no injuries, I am really not looking forward to him coming off the bench during the season.

4. When he was on the field the ravens reverted right to what we saw the D's doing last year. Crowding the line and daring him to go deep. Again he was not able to do it. If MB comes in to a game the D's will just do this again, hopefully he can make someone pay for it. He hasn't been able to but maybe he is like the old Ghostrider with one 30+ yard pass left in him and he is saving it for a special moment.

Now being a scrimmage you might say that he was running specific plays and that it is still early, to those I would agree. I just really hope JC stays healthy this year. Hopefully we see some improvement as I know we are stuck with Mark as the #1 backup, but damn I wish he wasn't. Anyways once he is on the field then he will be the best damn backup ever.:notworthy

I definitely agree with your #1 there but I don't think you can tell from watching a scrimmage game. I'm sure the coaches that see him everyday in practice have a better idea than us of who should be backing Jason Campbell.

Personally, I think it should either be Bramlet or Brunell. Jordan Palmer looks horrible out there IMO and I'm undecided on Todd Collins.

I definitely agree with your #1 there but I don't think you can tell from watching a scrimmage game. I'm sure the coaches that see him everyday in practice have a better idea than us of who should be backing Jason Campbell.

Personally, I think it should either be Bramlet or Brunell. Jordan Palmer looks horrible out there IMO and I'm undecided on Todd Collins.

I agree that after one scrimmage game it is hard to tell, I have been to a few practices and I can tell you that I was optimistic about MB. He seemed to be hitting plays all over the field and his passes had much more velocity. I was surprised to see how much he lost since last weekend by throwing all week.

After watching ol Mark in the scrimmage today I was wondering if anyone is ready to change their "Mark will be a great #2" stance yet. I have and I will continue to maintain that he is physically unable to run this offense. Todays scrimmage only solidified that for me. Here are my reasons.

1. His passes looked the same to me as they did last year. Weak.

2. I don't think a 10 yard pass should have an arc, sorry.

3. If this is how he looks one week into training camp with no injuries, I am really not looking forward to him coming off the bench during the season.

4. When he was on the field the ravens reverted right to what we saw the D's doing last year. Crowding the line and daring him to go deep. Again he was not able to do it. If MB comes in to a game the D's will just do this again, hopefully he can make someone pay for it. He hasn't been able to but maybe he is like the old Ghostrider with one 30+ yard pass left in him and he is saving it for a special moment.

Now being a scrimmage you might say that he was running specific plays and that it is still early, to those I would agree. I just really hope JC stays healthy this year. Hopefully we see some improvement as I know we are stuck with Mark as the #1 backup, but damn I wish he wasn't. Anyways once he is on the field then he will be the best damn backup ever.:notworthy

the only thing that looks weak to me is this thread. same ol ****...different whatever

you know what? after watching all of those shows about the superbowl teams on NFL network, it seems like all the people had some type of miraculous story. with that being said, if mark brunell ends up starting, we'll win the superbowl. no, there is no logic behind that statement, it would just make a good story how it was the old guys last chance to get a ring after everybody wrote him off. but don't get me wrong, i hope he never has to take the field again unless it's becase we've already clinched home field advantage through out the playoffs or we're up 50 to nothin lol.

i dont care if brunell came out today and did great. we definately should cut him. he should have been gone the night in 2004 when ed reed sacked him, stripped him of the ball, beat him to the ball and ran in for a td. he stinks. he doesnt know how to read a defense. when he was young and athletic if the first guy wasnt open he would take off and run. so he never learned how to read a defense. this offense is predicated on the ball being thrown to the proper receiver at the proper time. he cant do that.

Let's face it, he's simply old and unprepared. He knew he wasn't going into this season as a starter, so he neglected his responsibilty to work and practice. I don't blame him, we has Redskins fans have shunned him since day 1. He's done, that's all there is to it.

The man did have labrum surgery a few months ago.

There is always an excuse with Mark, isn't there.

the season has officially begun

we have a bash Brunell thread

I figured it was about time, I guess I didn't say enough positive to even it out.

Brunell bashers always offer the same one liners. Retarded people often do the same stupid **** over and over and over and.........

Supporters will ignore the obvious like dumbasses and so we go round and round.

he cant read a defense. does anyone see him consistantly throw into double and triple coverage.

It is not that he can't read a defense, it is the facts that

A. It takes him so long to wind up, because he needs his full body to get any velocity on the ball,

+

B. The passes take so long to get there,

=

The receiver is triple covered by time the ball arrives. They probably are open when he decides to throw it.

Gibbs is a supporter. A strong supporter. but based on the new "wisdom", I suppose gibbs is a dumbass too, eh?

In this case, absolutely. The fact that no other teams wanted him three years ago makes all 31 other franchises retards, by your logic?

Archived