Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Still Comfortable with Mark as the Backup? (Merged)

D-Day

In this case, absolutely. The fact that no other teams wanted him three years ago makes all 31 other franchises retards, by your logic?

How the **** do you know who wanted or didnt want him? Do you have some inside info no one else has access to? Joe wanted him, Snyder owns the team, the skins got em.

HELL NO! I am not happy about it. But so what. Until Joe Gibbs retires Brunell will forever be a Redskin. If Gibbs does not retire next year, Brunell will back up once again. Whew! I almost can't wait for Gibbs to retire just to get rid of Brunell.

:cuss: :hammer:

And thats all ive got to say about that

Eh, it's a scrimmage. He's throwing to backups and guys he's not used to. I'll save my judgement for the preseason games and see how he does there before I do any bashing.

We get excited because JC is working hard to get his timing down with the 1st string receivers.

Works both ways.

Chill the :censored: out with this scrimmage :censored:. It's half speed practise. Unless you're gonna talk Ol or DL just shush. Outside of the lines you can't see jack from a media event like the scrimmage.

6. Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filters.

Let the filters do their job. Veiled profanity is unacceptable. We allow the use of either all asterisks/symbols or not at all. For example "****" and "*&*%$" are acceptable, while "*****, “s**t” or “sh*t" are not.

Have who as a backup?

To back up a (basically) NFL rookie.

He's not supposed to win us the SB - if he was that good this year he would be starting..

Now I suppose I best go read lines 4 of your post onwards.

This is exactly my point. You guys are satisfied with a backup Qb that virtually gives us a limited chance to win. I would rather have a QB that would at least be able to back a D off the running game by being physically able to throw the ball. At this point, due to his arm appearing to tire already, MB will not be able to do that. He comes in a game they will play 8 in the box, making the RB's run into walls, risking more injuries to them. If we have a limited chance to win I would rather that chance is given to a young guy who has some upside. If say a Bramlet or Palmer gets 40 snaps this year, that would be building their experience level and finding out what we have. If they suck then we know that and we will have to get a QB next offseason. The alternative is that MB plays, leaves next year, and we have no clue what is behind Jason. I see MB not giving this team a better chance to win then Bramlet or Palmer. I think that with the exception of a few games over the years, this team has won in spite of their QB play, not because of it.

My ideal situation is that we cut MB and TC's, and sign a few vets to help out in areas of need. Most people are realistically projecting this team to win 8 - 10 games this year. What good does Mark B offer this team? Explain to me one good think he brings.

I will get experience and game prep. His experience on field is not what the young guys should emulate and his game prep skills : JC should have caught on in the two years they have worked togeather already.

How the **** do you know who wanted or didnt want him? Do you have some inside info no one else has access to? Joe wanted him, Snyder owns the team, the skins got em.

I am sorry, I guess the numerous media reports at the time that said we wasted the pick trading for him to guarantee he was here because no one else was interested isn't enough. Are you Marks brother or something you really need to calm down dude, it is my opinion that he needs to go. So what.

I'm glad some people are seeing the light.

Brunell is trash at this point....same with Collins.

For the millionth time, It means NOTHING to know the whole playbook and not being able to move or throw.

Aaron B.... please come soon :( .

I am sorry, I guess the numerous media reports at the time that said we wasted the pick trading for him to guarantee he was here because no one else was interested isn't enough. Are you Marks brother or something you really need to calm down dude, it is my opinion that he needs to go. So what.

Media reports? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm glad some people are seeing the light.

Brunell is trash at this point....same with Collins.

For the millionth time, It means NOTHING to know the whole playbook and not being able to move or throw.

Aaron B.... please come soon :( .

Well if youre seeing the light, and asking for arron brooks, please someone shut the ****ing lights off!!!!!!

After watching ol Mark in the scrimmage today I was wondering if anyone is ready to change their "Mark will be a great #2" stance yet. I have and I will continue to maintain that he is physically unable to run this offense. Todays scrimmage only solidified that for me. Here are my reasons.

1. His passes looked the same to me as they did last year. Weak.

2. I don't think a 10 yard pass should have an arc, sorry.

3. If this is how he looks one week into training camp with no injuries, I am really not looking forward to him coming off the bench during the season.

4. When he was on the field the ravens reverted right to what we saw the D's doing last year. Crowding the line and daring him to go deep. Again he was not able to do it. If MB comes in to a game the D's will just do this again, hopefully he can make someone pay for it. He hasn't been able to but maybe he is like the old Ghostrider with one 30+ yard pass left in him and he is saving it for a special moment.

Now being a scrimmage you might say that he was running specific plays and that it is still early, to those I would agree. I just really hope JC stays healthy this year. Hopefully we see some improvement as I know we are stuck with Mark as the #1 backup, but damn I wish he wasn't. Anyways once he is on the field then he will be the best damn backup ever.:notworthy

How about the Brunell shuffle ever time he was in the pocket, he looked like Mr. Bo Jangles.

:gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck

This is exactly my point. You guys are satisfied with a backup Qb that virtually gives us a limited chance to win.

No we are satisfied with JC being our starter. We traded up for him. We saw his Auburn highlights which showed that at worst he is as good as Coach's other SB winning QBs.

And yes we are satisfied with Mark Booooooooooooooonell as backup. Yeah he's not JC but we are the Washington Redskins. We run the ball = we win games (when we're good).

To play for half a season would be a worry. Right now with JC healthy and you want more than an experienced non game losing QB as backup?

WTF!!!!!!!

As a starter be concerned.

As a backup what the :censored: more do you want than an experienced guy who will not lose you the game?

EDIT: Please excuse my language however I feel it is warranted. To lead us for a season, if you say MB I will say nay. To come in 10 minutes into the 3rd quarter if JC gets a concussion name me one guy who you would rather have that will sign and fit in our salary cap. Remember we can only look at a backup as a 'finish game, play next game till starter fit' type of guy.

Who do you want? Name them.

6. Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filters.

Let the filters do their job. Veiled profanity is unacceptable. We allow the use of either all asterisks/symbols or not at all. For example "****" and "*&*%$" are acceptable, while "*****, “s**t” or “sh*t" are not.

I am completely flabbergasted at all the whining and ****ing out here after a 1 hour, televised, glorified practice one week into training camp.

I swear, you all never cease to amaze me. I guess I should be as equally shocked at myself for thinking anything would be different.

One of these days I will learn to stay away from the Stadium after the Skins have been on TV for ANY reason.

No we are satisfied with JC being our starter. We traded up for him. We saw his Auburn highlights which showed that at worst he is as good as Coach's other SB winning QBs.

And yes we are satisfied with Mark Booooooooooooooonell as backup. Yeah he's not JC but we are the Washington Redskins. We run the ball = we win games (when we're good).

To play for half a season would be a worry. Right now with JC healthy and you want more than an experienced non game losing QB as backup?

WTF!!!!!!!

As a backup what the f uck more do you want than an experienced guy who will not lose you the game?

How about a backup that can win you a game. ie: Bramlet, arm, brains, been in Saunders system as long as JC, why not a backup that can play and not just tread water!

The problem with your reasoning is that you failed to realize that Brunell hampers the running game. Whenever the defense sees him take the field, it would be in their best interest to play very close to the line of scrimmage to limit the yards after the catch that the receivers are required to generate whenever Brunell is in the game. With Brunell behind center, we can't be the redskins that run the ball and win games because our running game won't be nearly as successful. He'll have to do more than hand the ball off, which I doubt he can do. He can't make plays.

WTF!!!!!!!

As a backup what the f uck more do you want than an experienced guy who will not lose you the game?

Wow, don't hold back, this place has a profanity filter for a reason

OK, so what you are saying is valid that you don't want a backup to lose the game, I would like to also have a backup that can win the game. Personal preferance. However you are missing the point, in that when MB is playing they stack the line making it harder to run. How often do you have to see it to understand it? That fact makes it harder to run which magnifies the chances of us losing the game with him in there.

Gibbs is a supporter. A strong supporter. but based on the new "wisdom", I suppose gibbs is a dumbass too, eh?

i would never call the man who won us three super bowls dumb, but i would say when he came back his first moves shouldnt have been getting brunell and portis , it should have been getting a qualified gm. joe gibbs could take off 50 years and still know how to coach but he was never the gm in his first stint why would he be able to do it after a 12 year layoff. i think a good gm wouldn't have given denver a 2nd round pick with bailey for portis and i dont think brunell would be he either. we waisted alot of time with brunell. and to this point sad to say this is one of the main reasons gibbs 2 has been dissapointing to me.

Mark Brunell is the greatest backup in the league.

The problem with your reasoning is that you failed to realize that Brunell hampers the running game.

Is that why Portis ran over 1500 yards when Brunell started the whole season?

Archived