Extremeskins

What if the San Diego took Vick

fuji869

Does Nip/Tuck rule?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Does Nip/Tuck rule?

• Yes
    • No

Remember back in 2001 when the San Diego Chargers traded the first pick in the draft to the Atlanta Falcons. What if the Bolts did not trade that pick and took Michael Vick three year after drafting Ryan Leaf.

That would be two picks that would haunt that organization for years to come!

leaf.jpg

I see future -- I see myself watching the NFL Network about 3 years from now and they are doing a "Where are they now" segment - The interview would be done by Rich Eisen on one side of the glass and Vick on the other wearing an orange jump suit :laugh:

not that i disagree with you at all...cuz i really dont think vick is a quarterback, hes just an extraordinarily gifted athlete.

but to play devil's advocate...perhaps if he ended up in san diego things would have been different. different culture, different lifestyle. maybe he wouldnt have gotten into the trouble that he's in now. though, frankly, i doubt it.

just a thought...though not really likely.

They turned Vick into LT and Brees and something else I believe. In the long run, talk about a good trade.
san diego traded their first round pick (1st overall) to atlanta for their first round pick (5th overall), 3rd round pick (67th), 2nd round pick in 2002, and tim dwight.

Atlanta:

1st round pick (vick)

San Diego:

1st round pick (LT)

3rd round pick (tay cody, cb, florida state)

2nd round 2002 (reche caldwell, wr, florida)

tim dwight

*drew brees was san diegos 2nd round pick (1st selection of the round). they already had the pick, it wasnt aquired in the trade.

but still, in the long run, definitely a great trade.

san diego traded their first round pick (1st overall) to atlanta for their first round pick (5th overall), 3rd round pick (67th), 2nd round pick in 2002, and tim dwight.

Atlanta:

1st round pick (vick)

San Diego:

1st round pick (LT)

3rd round pick (tay cody, cb, florida state)

2nd round 2002 (reche caldwell, wr, florida)

tim dwight

*drew brees was san diegos 2nd round pick (1st selection of the round). they already had the pick, it wasnt aquired in the trade.

but still, in the long run, definitely a great trade.

San Diego made Atlanta their ***** with that trade!

If you think about it the Rivers trade is all bundled into the Vick over Brees decision. If the Chargers had Vick they would never have been in the possition to contiplate Rivers or Manning even if they still had the same picks . When the Manning draft came about they would still have been looking for the RB rather than QB....

If that happened then the best offensive player LT and one of the best defensive players Shawne Merriman would be playing elsewhere and no one would be talking about the chargers....

Archived