Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Training Camp Thoughts-Stay at home or get away?

RFK Lives

I was watching the ticker on NFL Network last night and it had all the start dates and locations of training camp. I was curious to see which teams still went away to college campuses to get away from everything or at least try and isolate themselves. I wanted to see if it matched a formula for success.

One curious one is the Bucs going back to Disneyland. Shouldn't they try and get to another Super Bowl before going there? The Cowgirls in the Alamodome. I saw the Vikings, Bears, Giants and Patriots were going to colleges.

I remember the reports from Carlisle and I wonder if anyone else longs for those days or think there is a difference training at Redskins Park (better facilities but more temptations nearby) then at Dickinson or Frostburg.

Well, I miss training camp being at Frostburg, but that's because that's my Alma Mater.

The nice thing about training camp being in Ashburn is that it is close. I remember driving up to Carlyle for a scrimmage, and that was a long-ass drive for a fan, even from Frederick.

Jason

I think getting away is better because you force everyone to be together during the off time. Sleeping in the dorms adds more comraderie then going home to your $5mil mansion and boinking whatever hottie you just brough home from the club

I think getting away is better because you force everyone to be together during the off time. Sleeping in the dorms adds more comraderie then going home to your $5mil mansion and boinking whatever hottie you just brough home from the club

Yeah, not too many road trips to the club$ when you are away. Maybe I am just thinking too old school.

Get away! Let 'em bond and build a little chemistry without the influences of their home life around. Make it a little different, special. Training at Ashburn is ho hum. Big deal, they do it all the time - nothing special there. Make 'em bunk together in shabby beds so when they return they appreciate what they have. Bring back Carlisle!!!!

(Well okay, they don't have to have shabby beds I guess!).

Hail,

H

I liked it better when they were in Carlisle. It was close for me so I went there, I don't go to Ashburn. Plus I've noticed the Redskins fanbase is shrinking up here since they stopped coming.

I also agree that teams form a bond when they go away for camp.

Yes, less BOINKING, more bonding. :laugh:

I 'm definitely in agreement on getting away. Maybe not to Carlisle, but somewhere. A place where the players get to know each other. It builds teamwork

Well, I miss training camp being at Frostburg, but that's because that's my Alma Mater.

The nice thing about training camp being in Ashburn is that it is close. I remember driving up to Carlyle for a scrimmage, and that was a long-ass drive for a fan, even from Frederick.

Jason

For me, any of these locations would be gravy. I really miss the Frostburg days. :(

But, whatever is best for the team.

Archived