Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Network's Top 10 Most Versatile Players

flexxskins

Deion to me is not a true skin, reason being once he came to town the number 8 guy in that list was now no longer needed (Brian Mitchell). I was a big B Mitch fan growing up so this really made me upset. I remember driving home from work and hearing the news on the radio "Deion Sanders was aquired" that made me happy, hell good CB, then I heard the bad news "Brian Mitchell has been cut" I was heart broken. Dan really hit it off well with me...

I was happy to see this too, but it also has a sour note too... Below is what I posted on the fact the Deion was classifed as a Redskin in another post regarding the top 10 list. It just brought up some bad feelings about B Mitch being cut in favor for "Prime Time"

10 Tom Matte

9 George Blanda

8 Brian Mitchell

7 Mike Vrabel

6 Kordell Stewart

5 Troy Brown

4 Chuck Bednarik

3 Deion Sanders

2 Paul Hornung

1 Sammy Baugh

Deion to me is not a true skin, reason being once he came to town the number 8 guy in that list was now no longer needed (Brian Mitchell). I was a big B Mitch fan growing up so this really made me upset. I remember driving home from work and hearing the news on the radio "Deion Sanders was aquired" that made me happy, hell good CB, then I heard the bad news "Brian Mitchell has been cut" I was heart broken. Dan really hit it off well with me...

Deion once wore a Redskin uniform, and he predictably stomped all over that uniform on his way out the door. While he may have technically been a Redskin for a very short period of time it's not something I ever want to admit, discuss or remember without cringing. It's a disgrace that he was ever allowed to don the Burgundy and Gold, and that's all that ever needs to be said about him.

Sorry, but this AIN'T a legit list without Gale Sayers.

I see that most of the players on the list took snaps on offense, defense, and teams. Understandable criteria. But if that were the criteria, Sayers belongs over Mitchell, who was primarily a specials teams player. In my opinion, the 10 or so snaps Mitchell took at QB during the '90 season don't make Mitchell a bigger threat than Sayers was in his short but spectacular career.

Sayers was a threat to score whenever he touched the ball, whether it was as a running back, catching passes out of the backfield, or returning kicks.

Heck, I think Sayers belongs over Sanders. Deion Sanders' play on offense at wide receiver is highly overrated. Mostly a novelty. He caught 60 passes for 3 TDs at receiver in 188 games. Sayers caught 112 passes for 9 TDs in 68 games. Sanders averaged 10.4 yards and scored 6 TDs on punt returns, and 22.7 yards and scored 3 TDs on kickoffs. Sayers, again in a much shorter career, averaged 14.5 yards and scored 2 TDs on punt returns and 30.6 yards and scored 6 TDs on kickoffs.

Now, I haven't gotten a chance to see the show, so I don't know what the criteria was. But I don't know how you make a list of the most versatile players without Gale Sayers on it.

Deion is my favorite Redskin in a tie with Joe Gibbs but it's probably because he played for the Redskins and Braves (my teams). I consider him as much a Redskin as anyone else.

You're kidding, right? Please tell me you're kidding. :doh:

Commentator.

Doesn't he have a local radio show there in DC? And I see him during the Comcast Post game Show during the regular season.

I think he still has his radio show on 980 during the afternoon.

I didn't know that. I live in Jersey kind of close to NY and am from Philly.

Why don't people like him?

Deion is my favorite Redskin in a tie with Joe Gibbs but it's probably because he played for the Redskins and Braves (my teams). I consider him as much a Redskin as anyone else.
I told you he isn't a Redskin. I flat out hate that he was ever here and hope nobody ever calls him a Redskin again.
Deion and Gibbs tie. That is funny. But I will let you pass since you said he played for the Braves too.
I dont consider Deion a skin.

You shouldnt either.Just sayin. :)

Deion played for the Skins at one time. He is not a "Redskin."
Anyone who thinks Deion is a Redskin should turn in their fan cards immediately. :mad:
Deion IS a Redskin and if you booed someone on your own team than you're not much of a fan.
Deion once wore a Redskin uniform, and he predictably stomped all over that uniform on his way out the door. While he may have technically been a Redskin for a very short period of time it's not something I ever want to admit, discuss or remember without cringing. It's a disgrace that he was ever allowed to don the Burgundy and Gold, and that's all that ever needs to be said about him.
You're kidding, right? Please tell me you're kidding. :doh:

I told you he isn't a Redskin. I flat out hate that he was ever here and hope nobody ever calls him a Redskin again.

Deion is gonna be a HOF'er that played well for Washington when he was here. Just because you don't like his personality doesn't mean he's not a great player and when you have played for the Redskins, that means you are a REDSKIN.:)

Deion Sanders was not, and never will be a redskin, that rat ****...

Here is my dilemma - the year after he left, my father bought me 2 #21 SANDERS jersies. My dad is a giants fan who didn't even know Sanders left (I will let him slide, he is my dad after all).

Now I have 3 jersies that I have no use for...56, and 2 21's. What to do, what to do...

Here is my dilemma - the year after he left, my father bought me 2 #21 SANDERS jersies. My dad is a giants fan who didn't even know Sanders left (I will let him slide, he is my dad after all).

Now I have 3 jersies that I have no use for...56, and 2 21's. What to do, what to do...

When I was little, my parents both knowing nothing about football and us growing up in Philly. They knew I wasn't an Iggles fan so they figured I was a Steelers fan (pa /pa). I collored all the Steelers stuff in with black marker so they wouldn't know I was disappointed.

BTW, I don't enjoy seeing dogs fight. Mine just did the other day and it's aweful.

Just caught this episode. Very cool and I didn't think Sammy would get the respect but he got it and some more. I agree with Sabol, which doesn't happen often, best football player the NFL has seen. Nice to see some Mitchell highlights.

Deion was a great player that played hard, I don't see any reason (besides the fact he was at one point a puke) to not call him a Redskin. If the argument is that he was a puke then why do we call Jason Fabini or Demetric Evans Redskins?

Uh, probably because they are current redskins...

Archived