Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just saw on espn first take....

Ant15fromNJ

I'm too impatient to read these posts through after people saying lemar should be cut or other things of that nature. Lemar Marshall is and never will be a middle linebacker, as he proved. He is a OLB and his size is the right fit for that position, he will provide some quality depth at those positions.

Yea me and my dad were talking about Lemar marshal performance last year the other night. I think he is on his way to be cut. He really aint do to well last year.

Gotta love the english department at the U of Maryland :):silly:

Is Cornerstone still there? What about that other joint directly across the street; the name escapes me.

I don't know what's going on with Rocky, I mean if he's really doing well at the weak side linebacker position, why in the world are they going out trying to trade for big names like Lance Briggs?

I hope they just used Briggs as a distraction from the media. He was just a smoke and mirrors kind of guy for us this year. This way the media wouldn't be all over our other pick-ups this year. Kept them talking about us but for the wrong reason.

Hail to a great '07 season.

I don't know what's going on with Rocky, I mean if he's really doing well at the weak side linebacker position, why in the world are they going out trying to trade for big names like Lance Briggs?

First of all, we were not trying to trade "for big names LIKE Lance Briggs". We were trying to trade FOR Lance Briggs.

An all-pro OLB, not just trying to find anybody we could. We wanted to move back in the draft and if we could, while aquiring a player like Briggs at a possition we have a question mark at, it's not a bad idea to persue. At 31, there were still top level safties, lineman, Grubbs, and LB's. We could have afforded to sign Briggs and our first rounder for the price of LL.

At the end of last season and before the draft, going on the play of Rocky, he looked like a LA clone. Great athletasism, no understanding of the possition and his role in it. That makes for a question mark. Can you tell me Briggs wouldn't be an upgrade over someone you don't know about?

As for Lemar, He will see action as a nickle LB and in passing situations, I believe. He has always been pretty good against the pass and not so good against the run. He provides great leadership on the sideline and great depth to our LB corps. There is no way in hell we cut him, no way.

Is Cornerstone still there? What about that other joint directly across the street; the name escapes me.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

There is no way he graduated!!!!

There is also no way in all living or dead HELL FIRE that Lamar is cut!

:doh: :laugh: :doh: :laugh:

This is a stupid thread....I can't believe I read these posts. Glad I am at work getting paid. LOL!

The Redskins D in 2006 lagged because of a couple of reasons that have already been quoted and published. Why discuss 'if's'?

Chris Samuels stated it was because of personnel mistakes and injuries. We put the wrong guys in a scheme that was not fit for their abilities and had devastating injuries from the very first play of the year. It took the wind out of the D's sails and made the defense very easy targets for audibles where certain packages were in place. They gave up long runs and long passes because of a number of reasons.

Sean Taylor lead the D in tackles because the line got blocked and the LB's didn't fill the holes.... so, ST makes the hit in the hole that should have been filled by a LB'er. OUR LB'S SUCKED!!! WE PLAYED WITH ONE SAFETY!!! OUR CB'S WERE HURT!!! IT WASN'T THE D-LINE!!!

DAMN... Trust the coaches.

Yeah, They screwed up signing AA, but their intention was not to have to start him right away. The injury to Pearson was the reason why AA was thrown to the slaughter! He is a run stuffer in certain packages. When he has to play in every package, he got schemed. AA's got some game, but he is limited...not an every down LB'er.

Carlos Rogers was a sophmore and is not a shut down corner. When he is our best CB, your now in a shoot-out!

When you have Springs, Smoot, Rogers....now you have a game!

When you add LF to guide the D, now you have a leader and a true MLB'er. Your Safety won't be leading the team in tackles!

When you add Landry...dude, with ST, there is no doubt a HUGE change in your D...ask anyone! The skins drafting LL is soooooo huge, just wait for game 1.

The Defense is back. Quote me.

The report was about how bad our linebackers were last year and the fact that we had the least amount of sacks last year. Then the reporter said that Rocky McIntosh looked great in mini camp and is the favorite to start in place of Lemar Marshall and the coaches really think Rocky can become a star in the league. I really thought Lemar would start over Rocky but they still got to go through camp.
Remember, we moved up to get Rocky in last years draft and it's great to learn of his improvement. With London in the midle and the return of a healthy Marcus we will be well represened at the LB corps. I'm anxious to see them play. !!! :)

It's either Santa Fe, or Bentley's right next door. About the time I left they were just opening up an Italian bar/bistro where Terp Station used to be....ahhh.....I miss college. I miss college women even more.

:cheers:

Im excited about the linebacking core of McIntosh, Fletcher, Washington. I saw game film of fletcher on espn and when linemen come out to put a block on him he just breaks off it so easy something marshall doesnt do. Plus now were getting rid of Warrick "highway 57" Holdman who couldnt make a tackle to save his own life. Rocky has speed and is a pretty solid tackler...and then theres Marcus....enough said.

Archived