Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just saw on espn first take....

Ant15fromNJ

The report was about how bad our linebackers were last year and the fact that we had the least amount of sacks last year. Then the reporter said that Rocky McIntosh looked great in mini camp and is the favorite to start in place of Lemar Marshall and the coaches really think Rocky can become a star in the league. I really thought Lemar would start over Rocky but they still got to go through camp.

The report was about how bad our linebackers were last year and the fact that we had the least amount of sacks last year. Then the reporter said that Rocky McIntosh looked great in mini camp and is the favorite to start in place of Lemar Marshall and the coaches really think Rocky can become a star in the league. I really thought Lemar would start over Rocky but they still got to go through camp.

Yea me and my dad were talking about Lemar marshal performance last year the other night. I think he is on his way to be cut. He really aint do to well last year.

Yea me and my dad were talking about Lemar marshal performance last year the other night. I think he is on his way to be cut. He really aint do to well last year.

I hope that's an overstatement. Lemar Marshall might have played himself out of a starting spot, but he still knows the defense, can sub in at Mike and Will, and doesn't cost the team much at all. He absolutely deserves a spot on the roster and is an invaluable resource given his flexibility. Depth is important, and Lemar Marshall is an outstanding backup.

I think that Rocky will get the start, with Lemar being there as the #1 backup in all three of the linebacking postitions.

Yes, Lemar is still a good LB and is valuable as a backup. Remember, Rocky has first round talent. His injury history dropped him out of the first round. Even now, his knee is a concern.

Guest NebraSKIN

Wasn't Lamar playing out of position last year? I thought he had a decent year when he played outside LB. I do not think we should cut him, keep him in the rotation. Seems as if he could fill into any spot . . . .

You didnt get the memo? My PS3 actually determines the outcome of the Redskins players and Redskin games!

Moss is gonna score 68 TD's this year! All on WR Screen out of the 2 back shotgun!

Oh and Landry only needs one year to be a HOF, he is a 99 and cannot be stopped!

During this conversation with your father, did either of you bring up the fact that we offered the Bears the 6th pick for their 31st and Briggs? When they countered by requesting Rocky, we rejected. When they countered by requesting Marshall, we rejected again and the trade talks died. If he was on the list to be cut, he'd likely be in the land of brats and pop and not wearing burgundy & gold.

Now you are correct to note that "he really aint do to well last year", but then again, neither did Holdman, the lineman in front of them, our secondary, etc. He's been here since 2001, knows the system, has played all 3 positions I believe, and has given us decent production the last 3 years. Fred Jones is right, he's still a good linebacker that could fill in for anyone, though I do agree his days as a starter may be behind him.

If you remember/just saw Rocky's performance in our final game against the Giants, there is no way that you couldn't come away from that game feeling excited about Rocky's potential. I knew that he had sideline to sideline speed. But I had no idea that he was that aggressive and would stick his helmet and pads right in to the middle of running plays, stuffing them.

During this conversation with your father, did either of you bring up the fact that we offered the Bears the 6th pick for their 31st and Briggs? When they countered by requesting Rocky, we rejected. When they countered by requesting Marshall, we rejected again and the trade talks died. If he was on the list to be cut, he'd likely be in the land of brats and pop and not wearing burgundy & gold.

Now you are correct to note that "he really aint do to well last year", but then again, neither did Holdman, the lineman in front of them, our secondary, etc. He's been here since 2001, knows the system, has played all 3 positions I believe, and has given us decent production the last 3 years. Fred Jones is right, he's still a good linebacker that could fill in for anyone, though I do agree his days as a starter may be behind him.

Actually we did. I think he will be let go after this year or before this year because he hasnt done to well. Now i think he became not so good because of the Linebacker coach who was here and now is fired. I also think our DB coach is the problem for Carlos Rodgers looking so bad at times last year. But i just think Lemar Marshal will be let go. I said think not that i want him gone or he should be cut.

Actually we did. I think he will be let go after this year or before this year because he hasnt done to well. Now i think he became not so good because of the Linebacker coach who was here and now is fired. I also think our DB coach is the problem for Carlos Rodgers looking so bad at times last year. But i just think Lemar Marshal will be let go. I said think not that i want him gone or he should be cut.

Marshall had a bad year at MLB but he was pretty darn good at WLB in 2004. He was pretty good at MLB in 2005 but I think his ability to fill in at both spots effectively really makes him an asset. I would be shocked if he gets cut this year.

Actually, the quote was that "the Redskins have Rocky inked in at WLB for the upcoming season". Not penciled in, but INKED in. I doubt they would do this before mini-camp, but who knows. :whoknows:

Any comments on how big an upgrade London FLetcher is?

BIG Upgrade:

Marshall= 75 games averaged 3.86 tackles .07 sacks and .05 Int per game

Fletcher= 144 games averaged 7.75 tackles .19 sacks and .07 Int per game

Beats him in every category and has more than double his tackle average per game. I don't know about you but I want my MLB tackling and Fletcher is one of the best at it.

I'm sick to death that a safety lead us in tackles, even if he is Sean Taylor.

The organization would be full of idiots if they cut Lemar Marshall. It's not, so he'll stay.

Any comments on how big an upgrade London FLetcher is?

BIG Upgrade:

Marshall= 75 games averaged 3.86 tackles .07 sacks and .05 Int per game

Fletcher= 144 games averaged 7.75 tackles .19 sacks and .07 Int per game

Beats him in every category and has more than double his tackle average per game. I don't know about you but I want my MLB tackling and Fletcher is one of the best at it.

I'm sick to death that a safety lead us in tackles, even if he is Sean Taylor.

All that, plus leadership. I think a big problem last year was there was no clear leader to get us back into games and into form. Even though Lavar Arrington completely messed up his time here with the Redskins, the old Lavar would really pump up the defense with his intensity and heavy hits. Sean Taylor does that to a degree, but I think Lavar was more vocal about it, which enabled him to motivate the whole team at points. Now we get someone to fill that leadership void, and I don't think we'll see the inconsistent intensity/performance that we saw last season.

Fletcher is a legit MLB. He is a tackling machine. An an NFL icon and rated 99 in my madden game :laugh:

Seriously though, LONDON IS ONLY GETTING BETTER.

2003: 133 Tackles and 2 sacks

2004: 144 Tackles and 3.5 sacks

2005: 158 Tackles and 4 sacks

2006: 146 Tackles and 2 sacks

Each of the last two years he was in the top 3 in Total Tackles.

Adding LF will only help Rocky's progression. :cheers:

See for yourself

Archived