Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

He got what he deserved

bschurm

Never, ever, start a fight you are not both willing and able to finish in your favor. It's a simple rule that this guy could have used learning. Also why I never walk into a bar without a firearm (which IS legal up here).

Does it bother you that you have ABSOLUTLEY no confidence in your physical stregth?

Does it bother you that you have ABSOLUTLEY no confidence in your physical stregth?

Not at all. I learned early on in my life that for a number of reasons beyond my control (genetics and medical conditions) I was never going to be the sort of person whose self-defense mechanisms would include my bare hands or feet. So instead of trying to work on a system of self-defense I would have little to no ability with, I moved on to more effective means of protecting myself.

I don't know, physical strength doesn't mean as much as you think when some ass hole blind sides you with a steel wrench... still alcohol and firearms seems like a bad combination

That's why I don't drink when I'm carrying a firearm. Not that I drink very much when I'm not carrying, but if I have the gun it's an absolute rule... no booze. Which means I generally end up as the designated driver when I go out to a bar with friends of mine.

I was just about to ask why you'd take a gun to a bar then if you weren't planning on drinking. Regardless, fights don't just happen in bars. Do you take your gatt everywhere?

I won't comment on MASS, since he says it's legal where he goes but let me say that one does have to be SOMEWHAT responsible and I'm sure lots of people drink at home and have a gun at home and are no more liable to use it than if they weren't buzzed.

But there are lots of bars and clubs and other spots where the trip to and from the place is the concern, not the actual bar/club itself. Not sure why people should say "tonight I'm going out and I'm absolutely unprepared for any situation PRECISELY when that type of situation is MORE Likely to occur tonight than when I'm walking around the mall at 2 pm."

Again, it only makes sense. And only an idiot gets totally sauced anyway, let alone sauced carrying. There are different levels and as people say, what you are comes out when you're drinking ON SOME LEVEL.

I was just about to ask why you'd take a gun to a bar then if you weren't planning on drinking. Regardless, fights don't just happen in bars. Do you take your gatt everywhere?

Probably about 85-90% of the time that I'm outside of my house I have a firearm with me. That doesn't include trips to work, since I'm not allowed to carry on company property.

you dont pay the money for a concealed permit to not carry it.

Exactly right, dreaming.

Archived