Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does Tank Johnson's sobriety change your opinion?

Rodriggo

Tank Johnson is no choirboy but the Bears released him for essentially a DWB(Driving While Black) in Phoenix. Should we take a chance on this guy to solidify our dline? Granted he's not great but he would bolster our rotation. I say yes only if we can get him for value and with certain behavioral stipulations.

Nope, he knew he was under a microscope and still decided to play with fire, and lets not pretend that his BAC was at .04 it was damn near the limit.

Exactly, the guy just got out of Jail. He knows he is being watched. What the hell are you doing out at 3am? Stupid.....

Nope, he knew he was under a microscope and still decided to play with fire

What does "play with fire" mean? Being out at 3am? Isn't that unfair? What if he had the munchies and was making a Snickers and Mountain Dew run?

Tank Johnson is no choirboy but the Bears released him for essentially a DWB(Driving While Black) in Phoenix. Should we take a chance on this guy to solidify our dline? Granted he's not great but he would bolster our rotation. I say yes only if we can get him for value and with certain behavioral stipulations.

Here we go again. Another race card. The guy is a F'ing moron THUG. That is what it is. Do you really think he was out for a Snickers at 3am? Stop using the race card to defend ignorance.

But the race card is so convenient isn't it? It makes breaking the law (however insignificant the violation may be) justifiable.

What does "play with fire" mean? Being out at 3am? Isn't that unfair? What if he had the munchies and was making a Snickers and Mountain Dew run?

He's not some pothead college kid, he's a grown man with kids and responsibilities. He should know better. Let's not act like he drank a wine cooler at home before running out for smokes at 3 am. He was probably out partying with friends and is damn lucky he had sobered up enough to pass the breathalizer.

Here we go again. Another race card. The guy is a F'ing moron THUG. That is what it is. Do you really think he was out for a Snickers at 3am? Stop using the race card to defend ignorance.

But the race card is so convenient isn't it?

Ignorance? what do mean? Being out late at night is ignorance?

Why not use the race card here? What are details of his arrest?

He's Tank Johnson, he's in Phoenix, it's late at night and he's not drunk, why does he get arrested? I'm not USING the race card but do you really think Matt Leinart would be arrested if he wasn't drunk? DWB is a made-up thing?

Nope, he just got out of jail, part of his condition to have his suspension reduced was to have no more run-ins with the law and when he's out at 3:30 AM partially drunk, that's really all that was necessary to cut him. The Bears said that they supported him and he didn't reward their support.

He's Tank Johnson, he's in Phoenix, it's late at night and he's not drunk, why does he get arrested? I'm not USING the race card but do you really think Matt Leinart would be arrested if he wasn't drunk? DWB is a made-up thing?

Why use the race card? You do not know the details behind him getting pulled over? No, I am sure you do not. I do not! Maybe he was driving carelessly and at that time in the morning the police would pull you over no matter what race you are. Using the race card in this situation is ignorant! I am so sick of people using their race to get out of things. Not saying that people are not arrested or charged unfairly, but it cannot and does not happen every time!

What was he doing at 3 a.m. in the morning? This guy is being watched and he still manages to do something stupid. No way would I sign him. He said he was going to be NFL's man of the year. No way, he is too dumb!

Yes it is ignorant to be out at 3am when your life and career depend on not getting in trouble. It's straight up ignorant. Yes this is the USA and your free to do whatever you want, but if you going to get fired for one more run in with the law.....go the F'ing speed limit. And don't drink before driving.

DWB may be made up, but it an excuse none the less.

Oh yeah, he's a model citizen. Turns out Saddam didn't have any weapons of mass destruction so I can forgive him for killing all those innocent people.

He's a citizen like anybody else. He served his time and unlike Saddam, who you strangely compare him to, has never killed anyone.

Barely NOT drunk. By the skin of his teeth. And I agree with the others, whether it was joking or trying to get a point across, there is no profiling done here unless you have some proof to back it up. Otherwise you're creating a firestorm in here.

He's a citizen like anybody else. He served his time and unlike Saddam, who you strangely compare him to, has never killed anyone.
'

No he didn't kill anyone....he's just responsible for his best friends death.

PS...Saddam is dead for the crimes he committed. I think we can call that time served.

Maybe he was driving carelessly and at that time in the morning the police would pull you over no matter what race you are.

None of this answers why he was arrested? Ticketed, fined, sure! but put in handcuffs? Why? He wasn't drunk. His race might not have had anything to do with it but it's definitely a factor that you cannot deny now that his sobriety has come to light. Unless you want to believe in black and white, good guys and bad guys, and that the world is always as simple and easy as you want it to be.

OK guys, take the blinders off. This guy is bad news. The Bears did not cut him for DWB. They cut him for a series of problems including being caught with an arsenal of weapons and being at a club where his bodyguard was gunned down. Being out at 3am is not a crime. Driving with a blood alcohol content of less than .08 is not a crime. But doing so with the track record that he has is an exhibit of very poor judgement. His talent is undeniable as is our weakness up front, but we don't need this guy.

None of this answers why he was arrested? Ticketed, fined, sure! but put in handcuffs? Why? He wasn't drunk. His race might not have had anything to do with it but it's definitely a factor that you cannot deny now that his sobriety has come to light. Unless you want to believe in black and white, good guys and bad guys, and that the world is always as simple and easy as you want it to be.

They thought he was intoxicated. He chose to have a blood test which does not produce immediate results. Did you want them to just let him get back in the car and drive off?

I would say his past history is more of a factor for his arrest than his race but you just keep choosing to ignore that and make Tank out to be the poor victim.

Barely NOT drunk. By the skin of his teeth. And I agree with the others, whether it was joking or trying to get a point across, there is no profiling done here unless you have some proof to back it up. Otherwise you're creating a firestorm in here.

Are veiled threats done here too? All I'm doing is asking why he was arrested if he wasn't drunk? I suggest a prevalent and unfortunate practice that takes place in this country know as DWB as a possible explanation. It's something you can't have proof of because no one will admit to it but it does exist and could, emphasize could, be at work here.

Ummmm, driving 40 mph in a 25 mph zone (read residential) is why he got pulled over. He then admitted that he had been drinking and the officer smelled alcohol on his breath. He was a short-hair under the legal intoxication limit, meaning he had no friggen idea whether he was over the limit or not. He decided to not only roll the dice on the alcohol but also roll the dice on whether he would get pulled over driving nearly twice the posted speed limit. What makes you think that this is the thing that will make him learn his lesson?

Um, I'm still wondering who used the race card first.

IMO, the person that brought up the race card was just sitting around waiting for someone to make it a race issue and picked the closest thing to it that he could find and pounced on it.

BTW, there is a thread about Tank that was bumped right below this one where everyone has been talking about this.

Archived