Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does Tank Johnson's sobriety change your opinion?

Rodriggo

They dont get it though. They think they can keep up the lifestyle and not get caught. That kind of behaviour stinks of sheer selfish stupidity. These guys aren't men, they're little boys. Men get it, little boys don't.

Or little girls. See Paris Hilton.

.04 is two beers. I generally don't post at all, but come on people perhaps he was at a friends party, had a couple beers and left. Also, it is a free country, and people are allowed to drive at 3am. As some one else posted in this thread, he is a grown man and he can do whatever he wants to do.

I don't think anybody is saying he can't go out and have 2 beers. I think his former employer was saying that he can't go out and get in any sort of trouble, which they are well within there rights to do.

He is a grown man and he has excercised his rights, as such, to make a personal decision. Unfortunatly, for him, that decision has cost him his job with the Chicago Bears. As far as I am concerned, all has worked out as it should. He will get off and not have any further legal penalty as he was not guilty of DWI. He has made a choice, as is his right in this country and the system has worked. The Bears have also made a choice as is there right and all is right with the world.

See how nicely that works out?

:)

It's amazing how many people are trying to justify this behaviour. If I was the Bears I would have done the same thing. The guy already promised to clean up his act. He then violates his probation. He then gets suspended 8 games by the NFL and says he's going to be man of the year.

Then he's caught out speeding at 3am after drinking. It doesn't matter what his BAL was, what matters is that right after getting sanctioned by the league, serving jail time, and generally screwing up, then promising to be a better guy he can't go two weeks without effing up again. He embarrassed the Bears with his behaviour. They gave him every chance and he still couldn't keep himself under control.

He doesn't get it and he may never get it. You have to cut him loose, period. The only reason the Titans haven't cut Pacman loose is because of the salary cap, otherwise he'd be done too. Face it, these guys could easily hire drivers for the night if they want to go out, they could just as easily stay at home, knowing they're already on thin ice.

They dont get it though. They think they can keep up the lifestyle and not get caught. That kind of behaviour stinks of sheer selfish stupidity. These guys aren't men, they're little boys. Men get it, little boys don't.

I don't understand how the thread wasn't locked after this post. There's really nothing else to say. :applause::applause::applause::applause:

ha ha, nobody here knows tank personally, some of you guys sound like you think you know everything. geez, just cool it on the guy, it sounds like some of you guys are taking the possiblity of a "THUG" on our team personally, i dont mind thugs, gibbs makes character guys out of thugs like nobodys business, look at sean taylor, gun pointing temper tantrum man kid. but you like his violent nature on the field, and you eat up his gibbs-itude in interviews. ease up, all righteous fans. nobody is perfect, i'll take a tank, baggage and all, no bones about it. as gibbs puts it "anyway we can get a player we think can help us, we're going to go get him."

People, when will you realize that most people in the NFL are ****ing "thugs"?!? Or what ever you want to call them to make you feel comfortable with yourselves.

Please, get over your desk job! Oh, he has guns, he has guns...I shot over 500 rounds (amount of ammo that Tank had in his house) out of my boys AK47 assault rifle over the 4th of July! Please Google AK47 if you don't know what that is.

.04? Are you kidding me? Anyone who casually drinks has driven with a higher BAC. Anyone. I love how people here act as though they are the moral compass that guides all people. Seriously.

I've said this once before, my friends have smoked ganja with Marcus Washington. Do you hate on him? No, because the media hasn't castrated him for it. But if he got caught and they did, you'd probably turn your back on him and say: "He's not a true Redskin, just a reefer smokin' thug" like a bunch of naive hypocrites.

I'm done.

People, when will you realize that most people in the NFL are ****ing "thugs"?!? Or what ever you want to call them to make you feel comfortable with yourselves.

Please, get over your desk job! Oh, he has guns, he has guns...I shot over 500 rounds (amount of ammo that Tank had in his house) out of my boys AK47 assault rifle over the 4th of July! Please Google AK47 if you don't know what that is.

.04? Are you kidding me? Anyone who casually drinks has driven with a higher BAC. Anyone. I love how people here act as though they are the moral compass that guides all people. Seriously.

I've said this once before, my friends have smoked ganja with Marcus Washington. Do you hate on him? No, because the media hasn't castrated him for it. But if he got caught and they did, you'd probably turn your back on him and say: "He's not a true Redskin, just a reefer smokin' thug" like a bunch of naive hypocrites.

I'm done.

KillerBo endorses this statement.

Anyone who hasn't gone above the speed limit in their lives before or drove home after having a beer or two....huh? Sure are a lot of hypocrites here......and Goodell is going to ruin the NFL...just watch.

Also one more thing...Jared Allen a WHITE player, who has been charged with 2 DUI counts, only suspended 4 games for susbstance abuse policy violation, just had his suspension reduced to 2 games by Goodell. Where is the outcry calling him a thug and such. Is it only fitting to call black players who get charged with something thugs, while the white players are said to have MADE mistakes?

So the original poster migth not be too far off, when he said a lot of this stuff with jumping on some of these players could be race-related. Just saying...:2cents:

Also one more thing...Jared Allen a WHITE player, who has been charged with 2 DUI counts, only suspended 4 games for susbstance abuse policy violation, just had his suspension reduced to 2 games by Goodell. Where is the outcry calling him a thug and such. Is it only fitting to call black players who get charged with something thugs, while the white players are said to have MADE mistakes?

So the original poster migth not be too far off, when he said a lot of this stuff with jumping on some of these players could be race-related. Just saying...:2cents:

Lets just make sure we are all on the same page here. Johnson has been liked to Murder, he has 10 counts of illegal firearm possesion, he has had no less then 30 visits from police because of complaints against him ranging from Pittbulls to Gun Fire to domestic violence with another mans fiancee along with this latest incident. This is not some guy who had one or two incidents with the law and has been proven innocent of wrong doing. You can not even try to look at these two guys in the same light, regardless of race. While I don't think it's anything I would characterize as neligent, I don't think that Allen has anywhere near the resume Johnson does. To try and turn this into a Black/White thing is as far from any sort of credible reasoning as is possible IMO. Johnson has been given every break a person can ask for, IMO. He has taken a dump on it at every turn. The Bears cut this guy lose for a reason. They know more about what he has and has not done then anybody. Lovie Smith is not a guy who makes decisions arbitrarily. If the decision to cut Johnson has been made, I'd have to think that Lovie had significant input into any such decision. He's gone for a reason and it has nothing, whatever, to do with White, Black or any other color we can come up with.

Lets just make sure we are all on the same page here. Johnson has been liked to Murder, he has 10 counts of illegal firearm possesion, he has had no less then 30 visits from police because of complaints against him ranging from Pittbulls to Gun Fire to domestic violence with another mans fiancee along with this latest incident. This is not some guy who had one or two incidents with the law and has been proven innocent of wrong doing. You can not even try to look at these two guys in the same light, regardless of race. While I don't think it's anything I would characterize as neligent, I don't think that Allen has anywhere near the resume Johnson does. To try and turn this into a Black/White thing is as far from any sort of credible reasoning as is possible IMO. Johnson has been given every break a person can ask for, IMO. He has taken a dump on it at every turn. The Bears cut this guy lose for a reason. They know more about what he has and has not done then anybody. Lovie Smith is not a guy who makes decisions arbitrarily. If the decision to cut Johnson has been made, I'd have to think that Lovie had significant input into any such decision. He's gone for a reason and it has nothing, whatever, to do with White, Black or any other color we can come up with.

Ok, do you even know why there where counts of illegal firearm possession? It was because he failed to register the guns he had leggally possesed in Arizona in Chicago, never heard of any domestic violence with him or pit bull fightin allegations.

Jared Allen with his 2 DUi's is not called a thug at all by the media and has ben downplayed a whole lot more than Tank Johnson and Pac man Jones. Heck he just had his suspension reduced after appealing. I bet the same thing wont happen with PacMan even though he hasn't been convicted of anything.

I'm trying to figure out how Allen got pulled over in the first place since the police are only looking for those DWB. Was he in disguise?

Ok, do you even know why there where counts of illegal firearm possession? It was because he failed to register the guns he had leggally possesed in Arizona in Chicago, never heard of any domestic violence with him or pit bull fightin allegations.

Jared Allen with his 2 DUi's is not called a thug at all by the media and has ben downplayed a whole lot more than Tank Johnson and Pac man Jones. Heck he just had his suspension reduced after appealing. I bet the same thing wont happen with PacMan even though he hasn't been convicted of anything.

He threatened a police officer. Do you understand that? HE THREATENED TO SHOOT A POLICE OFFICER. I don't care if you're white, black, or a zebra, you NEVER threaten a police officer. He has such a ridiculous legal history, along with Jones, and your comparison is ridiculous. What a stupid, stupid post.

If I said yes, I know, would it make any difference? Registration of firearms and amunition is part of being able to legally own a firearm. If they are not registered, then you do not legally own them according to law. Do you understand that? In addition, illegal discharge of firearms is not to be confused with registration issues.

If you are not familiar with Pitbull or domestic violence issues, it is easy to research. Just Google it.

Lastly, Jared Allen has nothing to do with Johnson. I'm not saying he is guiltless or should not be punished by the league but I am saying that it's rediculouse to compare the two. Circumstances are completely different.

Ok, do you even know why there where counts of illegal firearm possession? It was because he failed to register the guns he had leggally possesed in Arizona in Chicago,

Actually you are incorrect. To legally posses a firearm in the US you have to register it.

There is an age old addage that money doesn't buy sense. Tank Johnson clearly validates thatsaying because he has absolutely no sense.

BTW trying to justify criminal behavior by playing the race card is as ignorant as humanly possible. It is essentially trying to justify criminal behavior for a group of people because they do it more frequently. "This is bull**** I got pulled over for driving twice the speed limit while just shy of being drunk, if I was white this would be a real crime, but because I'm not it is profiling"

Archived