Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

young or campbell

BMahoney

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

"Following footsteps" is a very mild statement and can be construed in many ways. It's kinda like attacking skins fans for sporting sigs of Doug Williams and JC... this quote doesn't really support your earlier claim.

Just to follow up, I think the quote totally supports the claim. The words "Romo sits to pee" and "Staubach" don't belong in the same sentence right now. So, to say that this guy didnt actually compare them, is ridiculous b/c he's already saying that Romo sits to pee is on the path to Staubachedness, or something.

And I dont think you'll find anyone on here saying that Campbell is on the path to being the next Doug Williams. If you do, I won't stick up for that guy, but instead agree with you that he's a moron.

But even comparing JC to Doug Williams is not the same as comparing Romo sits to pee to Staubach. The same would be comparing Campbell to Sonny Jurgensen right now... or even Sammy Baugh. If you find someone saying that Campbell is following in the footsteps of Sonny Jurgensen, I'll agree with that that guy is an idiot.

But the point is, A LOT of Cowboy fans would agree with this poster already. Which is the source of aggravation, annoyance, and quite frankly high comedy for many skins fans.

Jeremiah continues to put his foot in his mouth...

Vince Young:

15 Games Played

13 Games Started

51.5% Completion Percentage

2199 yards

12 TD

13 INT

Jason Campbell:

7 Games Played

7 Games Started

53.1% Completion Percentage

1297 Yards

10 TD

6 INT

So let's see.

Less games for Campbell. Much better TD/INT ratio. Higher yards per game. Higher completion percentage.

Not one category that VY is better at when it comes to throwing. His legs and his playmaking ability is what make him a star, and I'm not saying that's a bad thing. But as I pointed out in the other thread, you have NO sense of consistency with any of your little arguments and you look like a giant tool because of it.

The titans don't have half the talent your team has. WHat happened when Vince took over? How many did he win again???? Hmmmmmmm

And you're not counting his running ability I see????

Talk about putting your foot in your mouth

Where the hell did THIS stat come from?...lol...Please provide the link so that we may all share in the knowledge, not just for Campbell but for all QBs last year.

Um...

Pass attempts:

Romo sits to pee: 337

Campbell: 207

Not sure, may have to use my calculator...but I do not believe 337 is "WELL OVER DOUBLE THE ATTEMPTS as 207.

A much more accurate way of assessing the INT stat is the INT percentage. The lower the percentage, the better the QB is doing.

Let's take a look:

Campbell: 2.89 INT%

Romo sits to pee: 3.85 INT%

Again, I have to ask...do you actually look up any of the stuff you post??...

J_J is so easy to ridicule it's not even fair. Between him and M&W I dunno who's been owned more lately. Well, maybe WB36........

Why on earth do skins fans solely look at this loss and others down the stretch as solely Romo sits to pee's fault. We gave up 39 points to the Lions. We simply couldn't get them off the field. Romo sits to pee made his fare share of mistakes but don't any skins fans attribute ANY of Romo sits to pee's slide towards a huge slide in our defense as well? For those that don't know we gave up more passing yards per game and points in the league during our last four games. I just don't get it?

CAN'T YOU GUYS FOLLOW THE FRIGGIN DISCUSSION. BMAHONEY CALLED THE LIONS GAME A GOOD GAME FOR Romo sits to pee SOLELY BASED ON HIS QB RATING. IT WAS NOT A GOOD GAME FOR Romo sits to pee BECAUSE HE TURNED THE BALL OVER LIKE NOBODY'S BUSINESS. AND AS HAS BEEN DISCUSSED ALREADY 17 OF THOSE 39 POINTS WERE DIRECTLY ATTRIBUTED TO Romo sits to pee'S MISTAKES. MY POST WAS SOLELY ADDRESSING HIS ASSERTION THAT Romo sits to pee HAD A GOOD GAME AGAINST THE LIONS. NOWHERE DID I SAY THE LOSS TO THE LIONS WAS SOLELY ON THE SHOULDERS OF TONY FRIGGIN BEAUTY PAGEANT PURSE CARRYING SUPERBOWL BOUND Romo sits to pee.

GET IT!!!! :gus:

Or has enough time passed where you have forgotten the particulars of the game and now in a monumental revisionist history moment determined that he in fact did have a good game?

Why on earth do skins fans solely look at this loss and others down the stretch as solely Romo sits to pee's fault. We gave up 39 points to the Lions. We simply couldn't get them off the field. Romo sits to pee made his fare share of mistakes but don't any skins fans attribute ANY of Romo sits to pee's slide towards a huge slide in our defense as well? For those that don't know we gave up more passing yards per game and points in the league during our last four games. I just don't get it?

As has been stated before it's interesting you afford Romo sits to pee the "our defense wasn't good" excuse but cant apply that to other teams.

Also, the Lions, as previously stated in another post scored 17 points off Romo sits to pee's 3 turnovers. He don't turnover, then maybe they don't score, then maybe you win.

Why on earth do cowboys fans look solely at their lack of defensive production as the only reason they backed into the playoffs instead of affording blame to the entire team offense and defense?

Just sayin'

J_J is so easy to ridicule it's not even fair. Between him and M&W I dunno who's been owned more lately. Well, maybe WB36........

It is, isn't it...he can't even catch himself when he screws up. Romo sits to pee played three more games as Campbell, yet had WELL OVER DOUBLE THE ATTEMPTS as Campbell? That alone should have tipped him off before posting...

It's a shame, really...

As has been stated before it's interesting you afford Romo sits to pee the "our defense wasn't good" excuse but cant apply that to other teams.

Also, the Lions, as previously stated in another post scored 17 points off Romo sits to pee's 3 turnovers. He don't turnover, then maybe they don't score, then maybe you win.

Why on earth do cowboys fans look solely at their lack of defensive production as the only reason they backed into the playoffs instead of affording blame to the entire team offense and defense?

Just sayin'

It's convenient and sounds good if no one double checks the facts.

The Skins' defense playing horrendously sure didn't effect Campbell's level of play at the end of the year...in fact, he only got better.

So are you concluding that JC is simply a better QB? If not, what are attempting to prove? The skins played zero games of consequence towards the end of last year. The skins defense was horrendous the ENTIRE year so it was the norm. Nothing different to adapt to and no real pressure games with the division on the line.

Here you go. Knock yourself out......

http://shsdemo.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=7201&team=28

My bad on the 337. Typo.......I'll correct the original thread.

A typo my ass lol :laugh:...you actually THOUGHT Romo sits to pee had 447 attempts, or else you wouldn't have shouted the "WELL OVER DOUBLE THE ATTEMPTS" phrase again and again in your original post lol...A typo is when you KNOW he only had 337, but didn't realize you accidentally typed 447 instead. The rest of your post makes it obvious that you really did think Romo sits to pee had 447 attempts.

So are you concluding that JC is simply a better QB? If not, what are attempting to prove?

That using the "defense was horrible" line of logic to defend Romo sits to pee's poor play at the end of the season is ludicrous.

The skins played zero games of consequence towards the end of last year. The skins defense was horrendous the ENTIRE year so it was the norm. Nothing different to adapt to and no real pressure games with the division on the line.

Ah, so are you saying Romo sits to pee can't handle the pressure, and will start to slip badly if anything important is on the line, or if he's asked to carry the team? :cool:

Or has enough time passed where you have forgotten the particulars of the game and now in a monumental revisionist history moment determined that he in fact did have a good game?

Take a down a notch. I'll admit I didn't read every post in the thread. Just saying that he played well enough to win. Did you see the entire game? If you did you'd know that Romo sits to pee made mistakes but the defense had more to do with the loss.

A typo my ass lol :laugh:...you actually THOUGHT Romo sits to pee had 447 attempts, or else you wouldn't have shouted the "WELL OVER DOUBLE THE ATTEMPTS" phrase again and again in your original post lol...A typo is when you KNOW he only had 337, but didn't realize you accidentally typed 447 instead. The rest of your post makes it obvious that you really did think Romo sits to pee had 447 attempts.

Uh, yeah. WHy would I type 447 on something so basic anyone would call me on?

I originally typed 447, then kept referring back to it as I typed the post.

But hey, you got me, its alot easier to laugh at me and a typo than it is to argue about what I said about JC being unaccurate.:laugh: :laugh:

That using the "defense was horrible" line of logic to defend Romo sits to pee's poor play at the end of the season is ludicrous.

So just a coincidence that when our D took a nosedive, Romo sits to pee's level of play declined as well? Just saying it played a part and the two are not unrelated.

Ah, so are you saying Romo sits to pee can't handle the pressure, and will start to slip badly if anything important is on the line, or if he's asked to carry the team? :cool:

Ummmm no. I think he played quite well under pressure all year long. I think everything from his first start on the road was big pressure. Playing an undefeated Colts team and at the meadowlands were big pressure. Just stating that I'm giving him a little slack as a first year starter not coming up big in every situation. I still think he had a great first year starting.

But hey, you got me, its alot easier to laugh at me and a typo than it is to argue about what I said about JC being unaccurate.:laugh: :laugh:

Unaccurate isn't a word and JC isn't in some sort of carbonite stasis. I mean if your boy Alex Smith can go from horrendous first year to medicore second, I'm sure Campbell can go from mediocre to good, right?

Just to follow up, I think the quote totally supports the claim. The words "Romo sits to pee" and "Staubach" don't belong in the same sentence right now. So, to say that this guy didnt actually compare them, is ridiculous b/c he's already saying that Romo sits to pee is on the path to Staubachedness, or something.

The media is out of control. I think you're taking things way out of context. Romo sits to pee plays for "America's Team" whether you like the moniker or not. He has charisma, an underdog story and came out of the gate with ridiculous #'s playing most of the season like a 10 year vet. Dallas is a storied franchise with storied QB's and we've pretty much sucked at the position since Aikman. The comparisons are going to be inevitable but I don't think anyone is saying that Romo sits to pee is on-par with these HOF'ers. We know he has alot of proving to do.

Unaccurate isn't a word and JC isn't in some sort of carbonite stasis. I mean if your boy Alex Smith can go from horrendous first year to medicore second, I'm sure Campbell can go from mediocre to good, right?

Sure he could. I'm not a fortune teller. I've never said he can't be good. He just has a long way to go thats all.

Tony Romo sits to pee has done NOTHING to show he will be this great NFL QB everyone around big D seems to think he will be. He has happy feet, pitiful accuracy thus far in the NFL, and was drafted a full round too high by the Cowboys.

==================Your welcome M&W, I fixed that for ye.

Pitiful accuracy and happy feet=Not Jason Campbell.

No, it's easier to laugh at the ongoing sitcom-like posts you create in which you're constantly being wrong in your facts and in your logic...this was just one of the better episodes, that's all :laugh:...

No, a good indicator of QB accuracy is..........

JC had 207 pass attempts last year

He had 110 completions. A little over 50% Yeah, thats deadly accurate alright.

But lets dig deeper shall we???? Just for funsies...........

He had 38 poor throws.....by poor throws, I mean uncatchable

He had 23 passes defended by DB's

He had 6 interceptions.

Like I said .......Accuracy problems up the wazoo.......

Since you brought Romo sits to pee into the equation, and not me, lets look at this numbers

Romo sits to pee had 447 pass attempts last year.

He had 307 completions. 65% Now thats accurate. But lets dig deeper shall we?

He had 47 poor throws. Only 10 more than JC but well over double the attempts

He had 22 passes defensed. LESS THAN JC IN WELL OVER DOUBLE THE ATTEMPTS.

Bubba.........ARE YOU STARTING TO SEE A PATTERN HERE?????????

Romo sits to pee had 13 interceptions. One more than double what JC had, yet he had WELL OVER DOUBLE THE ATTEMPTS.

Oh, but hey, JC had a td in every game. WHOA, excuse me. When does he go to canton? :laugh:

Oh bubba, you make this so easy, its almost not even fun.

Thanks for playing, we have some fabulous parting gifts...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Campbell had 97 incompletions

8 dropped (8.2%)

38 poor (39%)

23 defensed (24%)

5 hit at line (5.1%)

17 Other (17.5%)

6 INT (6.1%)

Romo sits to pee had 117 incompletions

15 dropped (12.8%)

47 poor (40%)

22 defensed (18.8%)

4 hit at line (3.4%)

16 Other (13.6%)

13 INT (11.1%)

Passes defensed is the DB making the play, that's why they attribute them to the DB's on official NFL stats, but I guess since in JJ's mind it's the QB's fault he won't be arguing any DB stats and using passes defensed as a point.

Obviously niether is responsible for dropped passes and alot of those are certainly blamed on TO's sore finger, but in the end, the two aren't that far apart.

In the end no one is going to argue that Campbell was more accurate in terms of completion percentage in 2006. That goes without saying.

Of course when you consider the variables involved he still did pretty well for a guy seeing his first NFL action. As can be seen when the proper figures are analyzed(nice going BTW) his % of incompletions attributed to these stats (which are probably BS anyway) isn't altogether disimilar to Romo sits to pee's.

Meanwhile Romo sits to pee had arguably the best WR tandem in the league while Campbell's WR's were hobbled.

Then there's that fact that Romo sits to pee had 4 years in the same system while Campbell was just getting his feet wet for the first time.

In particular, I noticed that Romo sits to pee and Campbell are attributed with very similar numbers in the "poor throw" category, while Romo sits to pee's % of INT's is a bit higher. I would think if you added his 3 lost fumbles... well, you know.

I have no idea what "other" is but I'm thinking it's balls intentionally thrown away. Then again stats like these are so subjective and speculative its hard to say. Perhaps some of those "poor" throws were throw aways also. This stat line just speaks to the fact that stats like these are pretty much put together without enough information to be effective. They remind me of TD's given up, or % of DB thrown to, there's no way of telling, without knowing the designated assignments of players who's really responsible for what on any given play.

One thing I do know, The QB is responsible for protecting the football and Romo sits to pee is lacking in that category. Based solely on Int's he's giving the ball away more than 10% of the time. Include fumbles into that category and it goes up to 13.6% to Campbell's 7.2%(including 1 lost fumble).

Passes defensed is the DB making the play, that's why they attribute them to the DB's on official NFL stats, but I guess since in JJ's mind it's the QB's fault he won't be arguing any DB stats and using passes defensed as a point.

I quit reading the rest of your post after this ridiculous comment.

You ever heard of a phrase that says....."a great pass will beat great coverage"

Probably not. Dan Marino said it for years.

A pass that is "broken up", basically is another way of saying "the pass wasn't placed where it shoulda been". :doh:

Campbell had 97 incompletions

8 dropped (8.2%)

38 poor (39%)

23 defensed (24%)

5 hit at line (5.1%)

17 Other (17.5%)

6 INT (6.1%)

Romo sits to pee had 117 incompletions

15 dropped (12.8%)

47 poor (40%)

22 defensed (18.8%)

4 hit at line (3.4%)

16 Other (13.6%)

13 INT (11.1%)

Obviously niether is responsible for dropped passes and alot of those are certainly blamed on TO's sore finger, but in the end, the two aren't that far apart.

In the end no one is going to argue that Campbell was more accurate in terms of completion percentage in 2006. That goes without saying.

Of course when you consider the variables involved he still did pretty well for a guy seeing his first NFL action. As can be seen when the proper figures are analyzed(nice going BTW) his % of incompletions attributed to these stats (which are probably BS anyway) isn't altogether disimilar to Romo sits to pee's.

Meanwhile Romo sits to pee had arguably the best WR tandem in the league while Campbell's WR's were hobbled.

Then there's that fact that Romo sits to pee had 4 years in the same system while Campbell was just getting his feet wet for the first time.

In particular, I noticed that Romo sits to pee and Campbell are attributed with very similar numbers in the "poor throw" category, while Romo sits to pee's % of INT's is a bit higher. I would think if you added his 3 lost fumbles... well, you know.

I have no idea what "other" is but I'm thinking it's balls intentionally thrown away. Then again stats like these are so subjective and speculative its hard to say. Perhaps some of those "poor" throws were throw aways also. This stat line just speaks to the fact that stats like these are pretty much put together without enough information to be effective. They remind me of TD's given up, or % of DB thrown to, there's no way of telling, without knowing the designated assignments of players who's really responsible for what on any given play.

One thing I do know, The QB is responsible for protecting the football and Romo sits to pee is lacking in that category. Based solely on Int's he's giving the ball away more than 10% of the time. Include fumbles into that category and it goes up to 13.6% to Campbell's 7.2%(including 1 lost fumble).

Okay birdlives. Well done. Bubba also has a habit of examining alot of #'s with a fine tooth comb but what are stating definitively? In other words, what are you saying about the seasons that Romo sits to pee and JC had respectively last year as a result of your analysis?

The titans don't have half the talent your team has. WHat happened when Vince took over? How many did he win again???? Hmmmmmmm

And you're not counting his running ability I see????

Talk about putting your foot in your mouth

As I said, his legs make him. Which isn't necessarily a knock, but it's not the product of a good quarterback. He's a playmaker. The question is which would you rather have playing QB and my answer is Campbell. He'll last longer in the league too due to Young literally getting the piss beat out of him.

Is your reading comprehension that of a 3rd graders? I clearly mentioned his legs.

PacMan and the defense beat the Giants and that Titan defense was sound in most of their games.

So just a coincidence that when our D took a nosedive, Romo sits to pee's level of play declined as well? Just saying it played a part and the two are not unrelated.

Ummmm no. I think he played quite well under pressure all year long. I think everything from his first start on the road was big pressure. Playing an undefeated Colts team and at the meadowlands were big pressure. Just stating that I'm giving him a little slack as a first year starter not coming up big in every situation. I still think he had a great first year starting.

You DO realize that you contradicted yourself bigtime here, right?

Romo sits to pee's level of play declined as more pressure was placed on him due to the defense taking a nosedive...yet Romo sits to pee ALSO played well under pressure all year long. If point #2 is correct, then point #1 can not be.

Either the pressure of the defense playing poorly and the playoffs on the line effected his play--in which case Romo sits to pee did not "play quite well under pressure"...or the pressure of the defense playing poorly and the playoffs on the line did NOT effect his play--in which case his drastic drop in production had nothing whatsoever to do with how the defense was playing.

I'm not EVEN slightly pretending Romo sits to pee didn't play well last season...but I'm also not going to rationalize away his play at the end of the year and blame the defense for it.

Okay birdlives. Well done. Bubba also has a habit of examining alot of #'s with a fine tooth comb but what are stating definitively? In other words, what are you saying about the seasons that Romo sits to pee and JC had respectively last year as a result of your analysis?

Seriously, read the whole post before comenting. Perhaps even the whole thread. I personally think these stats are completely stupid, but JJ brought them into the conversation, misread them (447 throws for Romo sits to pee) and said it was definitive proof that Campbell was a terrible QB. My post merely showed the proper numbers in their context, end of story. That I twice said in my own post that I think stats like these are useless should have been clue 1 as to my point.

Archived