Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fred Smoot, Marcus Washinton, and Laron Landry and ST... whose got more intensity?

soljaofjesus

Well this year we have Fred Smoot, Marcus Washington and Laron Landry ont he same team. Can you say intensified D.??

With Marcus Washington always jumping around and Laron Landry saying he loves to get hype and get his team mates to match his intensity.. and Fred Smoot and his swagger and how he gets hype..... who do you think will have the most intensity this season?

EDIT: Sean Taylor as well.. He gets super excited as well

One thing is for sure... with those three there, we won't have to worry about our D slacking off!!

I know he's new but I don't know that there's anyone currently on our team who's intensity matches Landry. This guy is the real deal. Between him and Taylor there's going to be a lot Hershey checks required by receivers that play against us.

I know he's new but I don't know that there's anyone currently on our team who's intensity matches Landry. This guy is the real deal. Between him and Taylor there's going to be a lot Hershey checks required by receivers that play against us.

Maybe I'm showing my age, but I don't get it?

Maybe I'm showing my age, but I don't get it?

their going to **** their pants basically, I presume. I've never seen that expression before..

I'd say it's a tie between Marcus Washington and Sean Taylor. Those guys get crazy out their, they really mix it up.

their going to **** their pants basically, I presume. I've never seen that expression before..

I'd say it's a tie between Marcus Washington and Sean Taylor. Those guys get crazy out their, they really mix it up.

That's what I figured.

On a side note, you managed to use the wrong "their" in two separate instances. That takes skill. :silly:

That's what I figured.

On a side note, you managed to use the wrong "their" in two separate instances. That takes skill. :silly:

i'm really tired, I try to use proper grammar, sometimes I just let myself slide because in the end, it is a internet message board. At least I was consistent in my usage of "their."

It seemed to me that last season Gregg was more concerned with getting into position and staying in position rather than making a play and creating a turnover. I think that Gregg learned from last season and will place more emphasis on aggressive play. So, this season I am looking for the intensity of play to be much more a focus. The guys you mention will be looked on as providing leadership for the defense this season. I really do expect the defense to return to being a top unit this season.

Guest RideorDieChic

The level and type of energy emanating from Smoot, Tylor, Landry and Washington is uniquely different...

Washington and Smooth are the hype men on defense. They seem to have the ability to keep themselves as well as others motivated and juiced. They amplify the overall energy on the entire team - which is a great and needed contribution.

As for Landry, of course his NFL intensity can't be called as of right now, yet based on his college films, he seems very focus and brutal (can't wait to see what he will bring)...

Now Taylor on the other hand, his energy is down right predatory (and I love it!)...the look and focus in his eyes in some of his game photos is downright hidious, his entire being seems to be engaged for the kill. Taylor's intensity is ferocious.

:cheers:

']How can you really tell how much intensity Landry is going to have in an NFL game considering he hasn't played one yet?

That argument doesn't work with intensity level. Now if you want to debate if his physical abilities translate over that's another thread. Landry was probably the most intense player in the entire NFL Draft. The dude plays the game with a incredible amount of passion whether it be NFL or tiny tike.

Intense I think would go to Washington... Taylor and Landry hit hard as hell, but Marcus Washington is always screaming, smiling, and jumping around, even when he's not the one who made the play.

Exactly... Watch the pre-game warm-ups.. MW is always the one trying to get everyone riled up. Whether it be by pumping his arms, jumping up and down, and/or screaming..

324285.jpg

game_2.jpg

sp_redskins.jpg

_40709280_nfl300.jpg

Smoot is a competitive trash talker.. ST is a silent assassin.. and Landry hasn't sniffed a down yet (the jury is still out on him as it should be.

Archived