Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Police: Teen Offers Truck For Parents' Murder

Zguy28

http://www.nbc4.com/news/13450701/detail.html

LEXINGTON PARK, Md. -- Police said a Maryland teen is accused of trying to hire a hitman to kill his parents, News4 reported.Detectives arrested the 16-year-old boy Saturday in Lexington Park in St. Mary's County.The sheriff's department said it set up a sting operation in a hotel room there after the parents somehow got tipped off that their son wanted to set-up the scheme.

The boy allegedly offered an undercover detective his dad's truck as payment for the murders.

This blew me away. The intended victim/Step-Dad has worked with me, literally right next to me, for the last five years.

Wow. :(

kids are crazy these days. what happened to good 'ol running away?
They have had problems with him for about 3 years now. Run-ins with the law etc. They even had the authorities involved to help them. Just recently they released him from their custody to go live with a friend. The friends mom tipped them off.

They have had problems with him for about 3 years now. Run-ins with the law etc. They even had the authorities involved to help them. Just recently they released him from their custody to go live with a friend. The friends mom tipped them off.

still doesn't make sense. 9/10 when parents give kids a hard time, it's because they care and love their child. i can understand tension between parents and children, but arranging for death is cowardly and despicable. i can't imagine how shocked and hurt the parents are right now.

still doesn't make sense. 9/10 when parents give kids a hard time, it's because they care and love their child. i can understand tension between parents and children, but arranging for death is cowardly and despicable. i can't imagine how shocked and hurt the parents are right now.
The mother hasn't eaten barely at all since they busted him. As much as they tried to discipline him, he had zero respect or fear of the law or authority. :(

The mother hasn't eaten barely at all since they busted him. As much as they tried to discipline him, he had zero respect or fear of the law or authority. :(

Sounds like a psychopath.

Most of those are born (or made in ways we cannot deciper but that we essentially have no control over) not made. Nothing they could do.

Shoot, shovel and shut up.

This is someone who should never see the light of day again outside of prison walls. At some point we have to decide as a society, some people just don't deserve to be.
Man, your harsh.

Knowing this kid on a personal level, I genuinely feel sorry for him. I don't know what was going through his head. Maybe Ghost is right, some sort of psychosis.

What kind of truck?
2005 F-150 Clubcab.

"No such thing as bad student, only bad teacher." Mr. Miyagi in The Karate Kid :P

There is a saying, "what does every person need more than air? ...... love".

If the body doesn't get air what happens? It dies.

But what does it do before it dies? It freaks out, like a person drowning.

Sounds like a pattern of life for many in america.

Teens freak out in one way or another, then when they get older settle into a life of work, eat, sleep, tv, then back over again.

Is this not death? Death of the heart.

A lack of love leaves a void that is often filled with drugs, alcohal abuse, sex addictions, gambling addictions, etc.

A lack of mature relationships leaves a void that is often filled with excess amounts of TV, internet and videogames.

• 4 months later...

UPDATE:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/31/AR2007103103148.html?sub=AR

Teen's Rift With His Mother Leads To Sting and Murder-for-Hire Trial

By Dan Morse

Washington Post Staff Writer

Thursday, November 1, 2007; Page A01

Of all the times she worried about how much to discipline her teenage son, depriving him of a PlayStation and taking down posters of cars and rap stars he admired, Shannan Troiano never imagined their relationship had become so strained that he would try to hire a hit man to kill her.

But there in the spacious living room of her Southern Maryland house was a detective, talking about how Cory Ryder, then 16, had told someone he wanted to have his mother killed. "We need to find out if he is serious," the detective said.

He proposed a sting. The woman Ryder talked to, the mother of one of his friends, would take him to a hotel room, where he would meet with an officer posing as a hit man.

"He's not going to do this," Troiano told her husband after the detective left.

"He's just mad," Joey Troiano responded.

That night, on June 2, the detective called at 7. Everything was in place, he said. Troiano, not knowing what else to do, began to frantically clean her house. He called again several hours later. Ryder was in custody and would be charged with attempted murder.

In a bathroom, where she was still cleaning, Troiano fell to her knees and burst into tears.

Ryder, now 17, is scheduled to be tried tomorrow in Circuit Court in St. Mary's County. Detectives say he offered the undercover officer his stepfather's new pickup truck as payment to kill his mother and his stepfather. "Two bullets is all it takes," the teenager is alleged to have said.

Like parents of any teenager who has gone off track, the Troianos had struggled over when to ground their son, when to back off, when to call for help. They took things away -- radio, TV and the posters -- and grounded him for weeks at a time. After Ryder smashed a picture frame and threatened to cut his mother's throat in her sleep, they said, they had the police take him to a hospital for psychiatric evaluation -- testing that, according to the parents, turned up nothing serious.

Troiano, 35, who is expected to testify as a witness for the state, said she feels like a heartbroken mother wanting to believe her son's apologetic jailhouse letters and, at the same time, like a furious crime victim wanting him locked up.

"He needs to understand what he did was wrong," she told a judge at a hearing in September. ". . . I'm scared to death that if this kid is serious, and they put him in a three-month program, they're going to release him to the street."

Full article at the link above.

This is sad. I knew this kid, but I guess I didn't know him as well as I thought. :(

Archived