Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins VS Dolphins

JC2MOSS

no way man, go at it, i love coming to the board and seeing that someone has broken down the first game of the season, i didnt know miami's D was ranked forth, last year, nor did i know that their secondary was a glaring weakness, now, i can work up a game plan in my head, like you have done, and follow the game, and if campbell is lighting it up, by the second half, i know we got a good chance to win it. KUDOS!

i also wanna add that i predict that the line will take a few games to look real good, (no way todd wade makes a perfect transistion, got to be a learning curve.) i bet people will start freaking out if our running game stalls in the beginning of the season, but i kinda am expecting that, so i hope campbell is sharp and crisp coming out of the preseason, so he can give our line the chance to develop a fluid running game.

if campbell looks good in the preseason, i am basiclly going to be real giddy...

Don't underestimate Ronnie Brown! Their OL has been poor for the past few years... he could be a 1700+ yard back with an average OL, and he has great hands...

with Portis <100% you can't give us an edge like that. i'll take Brown over Betts any day.

Don't underestimate Ronnie Brown! Their OL has been poor for the past few years... he could be a 1700+ yard back with an average OL, and he has great hands...

with Portis <100% you can't give us an edge like that. i'll take Brown over Betts any day.

I dont underestimate R.Brown one bit. Still, he has yet to come close that those kinds of numbers. I mean 1700+ wow! That might be a stretch but hey, this is a pure speculation thread and you could be right.

FYI- Betts in 06 1154yds, 4.7 avg and 4 TDs in 9 starts.

Brown in 06 1008yds, 4.2 avg and 5 TDs in 12 starts.

I`ll take Betts in that trade my friend.

I dont underestimate R.Brown one bit. Still, he has yet to come close that those kinds of numbers. I mean 1700+ wow! That might be a stretch but hey, this is a pure speculation thread and you could be right.

FYI- Betts in 06 1154yds, 4.7 avg and 4 TDs in 9 starts.

Brown in 06 1008yds, 4.2 avg and 5 TDs in 12 starts.

I`ll take Betts in that trade my friend.

You are talking about totally different offenses, quarterbacks, offensive lines, etc. On equal ground I don't think that Betts could touch what Brown can do. He's a three-down back who runs like a tank, has blazing speed, and catches anything thrown his way.

You are talking about totally different offenses, quarterbacks, offensive lines, etc. On equal ground I don't think that Betts could touch what Brown can do. He's a three-down back who runs like a tank, has blazing speed, and catches anything thrown his way.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion bro. But the guy shared the backfield with Cadillac Williams in college and Ricky Williams in the NFL. When he was called upon to be the feature back he was less than impressive.

As for recieving, Brown had 33 catches compared to Ladell`s 53. So I will take Betts. He had an all around better performance when asked to be the guy for his team.

it's funny how you're worried about ginn who has yet to play in the nfl yet no mention of chambers. why do people underrate him so much?

he needs a QB to do good

hester never played in NFL, and look how he changed games

I go with the Skins. We play at home. We're more settled with the offensive scheme, and don't have to deal with road distractions in the first game. Miami has a new coach, new players, most likely a new QB, and will be the visitors into a hostile stadium of pumped-up Redskins fans.

Most of all, it is not a Monday Night opener!

I can't wait for that opening kickoff........it's gonna be crazy, seeing that first offensive and defensive series. We're not too far away, either. Summer will go by in a flash, and before we know it, September 9th will be here.

I'm thinking it's going to be a good game with the Skins coming out on top. Campbell will lead in the team in making a statement, the Redskins are back.

Does the Trent Green trade to the Dolphins change our outlook on this game?

Can Trent provide Miami's defensive coaches with insight into the inner-workings and weakpoints of Saunders' schemes?

The Dolphin game might not be as much of a cakewalk as many of those here on ES have come to believe.....

One of my good friends is a fiah fan. We aren't going to watch together, i cant stopp cheering and he can't help getting pissed. Heres my prediction, portis gets 2TDs. And lead the league in TDs the first half of the season like he did in the first four five games something like that.:point2sky

I think the offense wont explode till the 2nd or third game of the season, Jason Campbell is going to have to work out a few of those early jitters but after that we should be rocking.

I believe, that the reason behind Carlos dropping 4-6 ints this year, wasn't solely because his hands suck, but because of dropping that int in the playoffs, and it stuck with him and messed his head up.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion bro. But the guy shared the backfield with Cadillac Williams in college and Ricky Williams in the NFL. When he was called upon to be the feature back he was less than impressive.

As for recieving, Brown had 33 catches compared to Ladell`s 53. So I will take Betts. He had an all around better performance when asked to be the guy for his team.

Just curious: How do you think Betts would have fared had he been asked to "be the guy" for MIA? What if his head coach was the defensive-minded Nick Saban and the team had just lost one of the best offensive minds in football, their OC Scott Linehan? With his starting OL of LT Anthony Alabi, LG Joe Toledo, C Rex Hadnot, RG L.J. Shelton, RT Vernon Carey, starting QB's Daunte Culpepper and Joey Harrington...? There is a reason MIA had the 4th least number of rushing attempts in 2006 and the 4th most number of passing attempts... and it wasn't because Ronnie Brown can't run.

The Redskins have one of the top-5 OL's in the NFL.

The Dolphins have one of the bottom-5 OL's in the NFL.

:2cents:

why do people always compare O-line vs O-line?

the comparrison needs to be made of Skins O-line vs. Fins D-line...advantage Fins. and Fins O-line vs. Skins D-line....i really don't know anything about the fins' oline men but lets be honest, we aer goign to be blitz the house in that first game anyway.

Archived