Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Royce Gracie vs. Kazushi "The Gracie Hunter" Sakuraba - June 2nd!!

d0ublestr0ker0ll

Can the introductions be a little longer??? I mean goodness, 15 minutes isn't long enough, is it???? Gosh, I want to see Sakuraba fight by 5 in the morning.

could not agree with you more.

its taking each fighter like 10 min just to get to the ring, this is some bull:doh:

Breaking News: CSAC Indefinitely Suspends Morton:

Following his mixed martial arts debut Saturday in Los Angeles, former NFL football player Johnny Morton was indefinitely suspended by the California State Athletic Commission after the 35-year-old from Torrance, Calif. refused to take his post-fight anti-doping test, CSAC Executive Officer Armando Garcia told Sherdog.com.

Morton will not be paid the $100,000 purse he was slated to receive after fighting the Ivory Coast's Bernard Ackah (Pictures). The former USC Trojan wide receiver fell to Ackah in just 38 seconds when an overhand right dropped him cold to the canvas.

Paramedics attended to Morton in the ring, fitting him for a cervical collar before carrying him out of the ring on a stretcher. He was taken to California Hospital, where Morton's trainer Mike Guymon (Pictures) said he was alert and conscious.

As part of the CSAC's anti-doping policy, Morton provided a sample prior to his fight. Garcia said that sample will be tested.

so not only did he get knocked out cold, but he ain't gettin paid for it. refusing to take the post fight doping test is bad news, i hope he wasn't on that vitamin S.:doh:

Breaking News: CSAC Indefinitely Suspends Morton:so not only did he get knocked out cold, but he ain't gettin paid for it. refusing to take the post fight doping test is bad news, i hope he wasn't on that vitamin S.:doh:

Wow. Morton did look real big. Same with Lesnar. Lesnar handled his opponent with ease, Morton got KTMFO. Whatever, Morton should be ashamed if he doped AND got floored for 3 minutes. How pathetic. GG.

Wow. Morton did look real big. Same with Lesnar. Lesnar handled his opponent with ease, Morton got KTMFO. Whatever, Morton should be ashamed if he doped AND got floored for 3 minutes. How pathetic. GG.

i highly doubt Lesnar was juiced up, he was the exact same size when he wrestled in college and they tested him constantly in college. morton on the other hand, i can see being juiced based on how he looked.

so how did Royce do?

Gracie won. But little was avenged.

The fight was a fraud. Three 5-minute rounds for those two is like playing 3 downs in a football game for each team. I believe Saku was more the aggressor and went for more submissions (next to maybe 1 sub attempt by Gracie). It was pathetic. Gracie kept flailing his front kicks out there, and Saku missed his haymakers by 2 feet. One short burst of right hooks almost got Saku from behind, but they were blocked easily. Gracie kicked Saku a few times from his back while Saku stood there unsure of his old-self. That's all Gracie basically did. God knows how the hell he won round 2 for the judge that scored it 30-27.

I had it 29-28 for Sakuraba, in what could have been a little fixation in the judges scorecards if you're feelin' me. This whole event was sketched out to the max. All in all, a bad night of MMA.

Gracie won. But little was avenged.

The fight was a fraud. Three 5-minute rounds for those two is like playing 3 downs in a football game for each team. I believe Saku was more the aggressor and went for more submissions (next to maybe 1 sub attempt by Gracie). It was pathetic. Gracie kept flailing his front kicks out there, and Saku missed his haymakers by 2 feet. One short burst of right hooks almost got Saku from behind, but they were blocked easily. Gracie kicked Saku a few times from his back while Saku stood there unsure of his old-self. That's all Gracie basically did. God knows how the hell he won round 2 for the judge that scored it 30-27.

I had it 29-28 for Sakuraba, in what could have been a little fixation in the judges scorecards if you're feelin' me. This whole event was sketched out to the max. All in all, a bad night of MMA.

I never understood time limit rounds in ju-jitzu. I loved the Gracie clan a decade ago, but like many other things, their "name brand" has probably gotten in the way of their purists approach to the art.

BTW, I avtually got to be Rickson's OKI (sparring dummy) in a day long training event with him. I literally couldnt move the bulk of the time and I was out schools best for that particular year in terms of match competition locally. He made me really understnd how to be humble when I had gotten pretty ****y.

I never understood time limit rounds in ju-jitzu. I loved the Gracie clan a decade ago, but like many other things, their "name brand" has probably gotten in the way of their purists approach to the art.

BTW, I avtually got to be Rickson's OKI (sparring dummy) in a day long training event with him. I literally couldnt move the bulk of the time and I was out schools best for that particular year in terms of match competition locally. He made me really understnd how to be humble when I had gotten pretty ****y.

Wow, I have no doubt Rickson is one of the great jiu-jitsu fighters of all time. I just wish he would have faught in tougher mma battles, especially with Sakuraba in his prime. That's quite an experience you had there. Otherwise, the 90 minute battle they had in 2000 should have given the producers of this show an idea of how little of a warm-up a 15 minute match between these two was going to be. As StillUnknown said, there was much left to be desired. All in all, I still respect Royce and won't hesitate to call Sakuraba The Gracie Hunter. Oh well, what can ya do?

here's the destruction of Johnnie Morton :cheers:

MMAKO39BernardAckahvs.gif

Wow, nice catch Morton!

The 2000 matchup with Sakuraba and Gracie was awesome. It took forever and continued for a long time even after Sakuraba dislocated Gracie's arm at the elbow.

This will be the last time I watch one of these Elite XC promotions. I know they were trying to make a big event out of their debut but cmon those introductions and ring walks lasted longer than the actual fights. It looks to me like they are just going to bring out these big name retread fighters to attract buyers (ie Frank Shamrock and Phil Baroni later this month). I'll stick to UFC.

Archived