Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our O-Line Next Year

GrimReaper21

Originally posted by TheChosenOne

Who needs a sarcasm detector and a sense of humor?

Don't make me bust out the Shar Pourdanesh anecdotes.

:laugh: Sorry, Iv'e been holding back my fustration at all of the negativity lately :twitch: (I know people need to vent) that I kind of snapped. :peace:

I think we have to make one move at the guard spot in free agency. I prefer Collins as a pure guard. I'd like to look at Taucher for a mix of a right tackle guard type and certainly so if we lose Jansen. Jones only hurt his bicep so he should be ok to count on for next year, though, his main value really might be more in his versatility and as a true quality backup in case Samuels or Jansen are out. Still, if all we do is add Collins and start Jones our line will be immensely improved. If we have Stai and Johnson in reserve it'll make it all the more improved for having some serious depth.

Keeping Jansen should be a priority-get one guard in the draft -like second round,that we would want more than just a year or two and another in free agency-keep Tre and Rod as solid back-ups. Keep Moore in the middle and possibley look to draft a center in 5 or 6th round to groom for the future.

Jansen is worth the money, and has been worth more than he was being paid since he was drafted. I say we draft a good guard prospect, and maybe add some young FA guards who are big but not heralded and let the best players start. If Tre and Rod Jones are the best of such a group then great. No matter what we need depth, talent, and competition at those spots... and we ought to start with the draft.

Originally posted by Art

I think we have to make one move at the guard spot in free agency. I prefer Collins as a pure guard. I'd like to look at Taucher for a mix of a right tackle guard type and certainly so if we lose Jansen. Jones only hurt his bicep so he should be ok to count on for next year, though, his main value really might be more in his versatility and as a true quality backup in case Samuels or Jansen are out. Still, if all we do is add Collins and start Jones our line will be immensely improved. If we have Stai and Johnson in reserve it'll make it all the more improved for having some serious depth.

Why do none of you feel Tre can start? He's proven himself as a backup--great--but the guy was a legitamate probowler before he was injured and still shows signs of being able to play at that level again. A good training regimen in the offseason and making it through camp without injury, you got to start the guy.

Originally posted by IAMBG

Why do none of you feel Tre can start? He's proven himself as a backup--great--but the guy was a legitamate probowler before he was injured and still shows signs of being able to play at that level again. A good training regimen in the offseason and making it through camp without injury, you got to start the guy.

In his 9 year career- he has had ONE (and only ONE) injury free season. Relying on him to start for you, as we did in '00 or the Browns did in '01 is a big mistake. We all love the guy, but I think he'll go farther as a part-time player.

Archived