Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Biggest Concerns for the 2007 Redskins

nickditchey

damn it-, you have got to be the dumbest person i've ever seen respond to a post. You have no clue what the hell you are talking about, and im only going to say this. HOw is McIntosh seem injury prone when he was drafted last year? How can you say marshall can only fill one of those two positions when in fact, he can play all three because thats where his value is at. AND actually marshall is very good in pass coverage. ANd we have one of the best offensive lines in the league, how can you sit there and say they are aging and need help?oh but they didnt adapt well? haha you are a clown my friend.

This sort of response is completely uncalled for and out of line.

Gosh, I guess I'll need to respond to these charges brought on DirtySkins21 about my being the dumbest person ever to respond to a post. Here are some points for everyone's consideration.

1. McIntosh: Anyone carefully observing the draft of 2006 knew McIntosh slid in the draft because of his injury history during college. He even had to have his knee scoped before the 2006 pre-season too, and that set him back in 2006. He plays hard, but has had several injury problems in the past -- I viewed him as an injury risk in 2007.

2. Marshall: No matter how skilled and versatile you might consider Marshall to be, he is only one person. He cannot play two positions at one time. Looking back, I could have been clearer on that point. Some folks might have read it another way; apparently that's what happened to DirtySkins21.

3. Marshall's Coverage: I saw too many games where Marshall was beaten by the TE slanting deep over the middle; he was always trailing behind. I believe that is why the Redskins went out and picked up London Fletcher. Some may want to disagree, but I think I'm not alone here. I got tired of seeing that TE play run against us so effectively in 2006. However, I do consider Marshall a quality LB since he represents an upgrade over Holdman; I also suspect Marshall will beat out McIntosh.

4. Offensive Line: There were injuries (apparently some not publicized well enough for DirtySkins21) on the offensive line. I merely offered this up as a 2007 concern, because Jansen, Thomas, Wade, and Samuels all have already had some problems with their legs. I also wanted to point out that when the O-line was assembled it was intended to be tailored to the traditional Redskins 'ground & pound' running game. However, if you watch the early games, many of Al Saunders schemes for the offense use the O-line in quite different ways. What I saw, in those early games (which I ran over-and-over on video) is there were many times when the Skins' O-line couldn't get the timing down. I suspect ths is another reason Saunders reverted to more 'traditional' offensive line-play fairly early into the 2006 season. So what is Al Saunders planning in 2007? Not sure, so that's why I listed it as a concern.

5. Rogers: I am not convinced, at all, about Carlos Rogers being that good of CB. He's not really been tested yet because we had other more glaring weaknesses. In the first half of the 2006 season, Rogers benefited by sharing DB duties with weaker players like Rumph and Wright. In the second half, Rogers benefited by the weak defensive line-play, coupled with weakness covering pass receivers, by our strong safety and MLB positions. Teams didn't attack Rogers that much in 2006, because the above were easier, and higher percentage opportunitiesfor them. However, in 2007, Rogers will draw more attention and therefore I saw this might be a concern.

Dirtyskin21, I am sorry you were upset about my listing of 2007 'concerns" about the Redskins-- however if you check the thread's title, that was the topic! As for being the dumbest person to post on Extremeskins -- I would note that I have never inadvertantly re-posted my comments 6-7 times in row, as I believe you did. I would, however, like to compliment you on the time you took to carefully print out the word "clown" in multi-colors on your latest post.

Look, posting on ES is all about testing of ideas, so I don't really mind you challenging what I posted. I hope these latest remarks clarified some of my positions. If you don't like what I said, then offer a valid rebuttal. That would be more interesting to read than the insults, even the ones in pretty colors.

My concerns:

1. Coaching staff too top heavy ... too many cooks in the kitchen.

2. No WR depth ... if Santa goes down ... offense is in trouble.

3. Portis will not be healthy.

4. Need impact waekside OLB. If Washington falters ... uuh oh!

5.. Springs will not be healthy.

Otherwise team should be in great shape for a playoff run!

Are you supposed to be a redskins fan???????

You are far from the definitive say so on who will be healthy or not.

It's cool that you have an opinion though and a safe means to be an annoyance without being slapped. Good for you!!!!

Man I hope we do well next year, I hope ****ell isn't right about us... I hope portis gets back to himself and the team gels man... I don't know I read someones thread about how CP won't retire a skin and it bummed me out man... Heres to some PMA and supporting our team while we see if a bunch of ? marks become ! marks.

I've gotta agree with this guy. Last year's play calling from Saunders was atrocious. Gibbs needs to call the plays while Saunders informs Gibbs where to make adjustments. GW apparently learned his lesson about not being able to fit anyone into the system. Now if he can just pull enough strings so we can pick up Sam Adams for cheap....

I think Saunders did have a sub-par year last year... but, I think with JC's offseason work, Saunders can do more of what he wants to do. I think the Skins will be fine offensively.... It's stopping the run and 3rd and long situations on defense that's got me a bit concerned...

I think our biggest question is D line and Jason because all of this offseason hype needs to transfer onto the field and untill he does it he is still a question.

I agree....and all of our best teams have dominated on the line on the O line and the D line, and the D is my concern this year.

Archived