Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo Sports: Gibbs committed to Campbell, worried about secondary

Commander Adama

If you may be worried that Taylor will leave after 2008, when his contract is up, then you may want to re-sign him before his market value explodes. If we can pay for expensive free agents in past years, we better pay one of our own.

unfortunately this makes too much sense for our front office to actually get it done

The media speculating is one thing, head coach saying something about a player to the media is another.

I don't really like how Gibbs is using the media to air things that might be better handled behind closed doors.

Gibbs isn't using the media to air anything. Gibbs has always been a 'behind closed doors' kind of guy. The media was asking him what was going on with Taylor, and he simply told the truth that he hasn't heard from him, so he doesn't know.

Good reason to be worried about the secondary, when guys don't show up it should be cause for concern but not yet. When they don't show up for MANDATORY practice then lets worry, Gibbs is worrying about nothing right now and that is not good for his health.

Nice to read comments about Campbell. I hope he is the real deal.

Gibbs isn't using the media to air anything. Gibbs has always been a 'behind closed doors' kind of guy. The media was asking him what was going on with Taylor, and he simply told the truth that he hasn't heard from him, so he doesn't know.

The way I see it, he has called Taylor out in public. It wasn't just a statement that they hadn't heard from Taylor. Gibbs was critical about Taylor not being there and other members of the front office have been doing the same and I've heard other members of the front office be even more critical (Like Vinny Cerrato). It's a tactic that could backfire and cause the situation to get worse.

Exactly.

Gibbs isn't airing out anything in public. They asked him where Taylor & Springs are, and he said he hasn't heard from them recently, and that's all he knows.

Springs has already said he will be at the Redskins' facility the first week of June. Well before the start of mini-camp.

There are no serious issues at the OTAs. EVERYBODY showed up with the exception of just TWO guys. The media spins to make it seem like half the team didn't show. :doh:

The only issue at the OTAs is Taylor disrespecting Coach Gibbs by not being courteous enough to call him and tell him what he is doing and when he will be in Washington.

Taylor promised the team he wouldn't do that anymore. :doh:

I believe it is Drew Rosenhaus.

Damn, I was hoping you wernt gonna say that. I really didnt think it had anything to do with money until you just told me that. You cant help but wonder if ol Drew didnt put the bug in Taylors ear about a new contract on draft day after we got Landry.

We shot ourselves in the foot giving AA all that money, now of course Taylor is 10x better so he's gonna want big money, we've set a dangerous precedence with AA. If Taylor were to walk at the end of 08, this would devastate the team, fans and management to the point of no fixing!

You know this has me thinking. Could Gibbs be intentionally telling Taylor and Springs to take their time coming back, in a move to drum up more press about them then Campbell. Think about it, the more talk about Taylor and Springs the More Campbells progress will go under the radar and perhaps shock some of our division rivals early in the season.

That's a nice outlook on the situation. Lets hope you are at least partially right. Hopefully they are telling ST when he will have a lucrative contract before the 08 season starts. Same goes for Cooley

I truly think Springs is going to have his best year this coming season. He is going to be playing with a chip on his shoulder and has a lot to prove. So here's to Springs!

I like this attitude very much! :applause: :D

Springs is here for 2007. I would not be concerned about him missing OTA time. The guy is in shape and works hard. The key is for his 32 year old body to stay in one piece.

Taylor is a different story. Taylor has all the talent in the world, but I see more than a little bit of LaVar Arrington in him. He is emotionally immature and doesn't ever seem to learn from his mistakes on the field.

If I were to venture a guess I would think 2-3 years from now LaRon Landry will be the Redskins star in the secondary, not Taylor.

Taylor may very well move on to another team via free agency or trade.

Taylor is working out ON HIS OWN, he may have gotten a workout regimen from the 'Canes strength coach but he is not at the U of M facility in Coral Gables, no one is except current Miami Hurricanes, Randy Shannon has pretty much locked down the team, facility and anything else 'Canes related because it's all a distraction from his program. That's why Shockey and numerous other former 'Canes were participating in OTA's for their respective teams.

^^^^funny how people ignore gold like this. :laugh:

If Taylor were to walk at the end of 08, this would devastate the team, fans and management to the point of no fixing!

nothing a little slandering and mudslinging can't fix! just mention champ bailey was a great player for the redskins and see what happens. :laugh:

Springs is here for 2007. I would not be concerned about him missing OTA time. The guy is in shape and works hard. The key is for his 32 year old body to stay in one piece.

Taylor is a different story. Taylor has all the talent in the world, but I see more than a little bit of LaVar Arrington in him. He is emotionally immature and doesn't ever seem to learn from his mistakes on the field.

If I were to venture a guess I would think 2-3 years from now LaRon Landry will be the Redskins star in the secondary, not Taylor.

Taylor may very well move on to another team via free agency or trade.

bulldog, i was thinking the same about the taylor and arrington similarity. :( i just hope the coaching staff can figure this out in a way that's productive for the redskins. jettisoning exceptional athletes doesn't seem like a smart way to run a football team...

Archived