Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cinco De Mayo question

Slateman

Its not a huge holiday in Mexico at all. It is bigger in America than it is in Mexico. Really it is a reason for people to get drunk.

"Commercial interests in the United States and Mexico have also had a hand in promoting the holiday, with products and services focused on Mexican food, beverages and festivities, with music playing a more visible role as well. Several cities throughout the U.S. hold parades and concerts during the week following up to May 5th, so that Cinco de Mayo has become a bigger holiday north of the border than it is to the south, and being adopted into the holiday calendar of more and more people every year."

http://www.mexonline.com/cinco-de-mayo.htm

Its not a huge holiday in Mexico at all. It is bigger in America than it is in Mexico. Really it is a reason for people to get drunk.

"Commercial interests in the United States and Mexico have also had a hand in promoting the holiday, with products and services focused on Mexican food, beverages and festivities, with music playing a more visible role as well. Several cities throughout the U.S. hold parades and concerts during the week following up to May 5th, so that Cinco de Mayo has become a bigger holiday north of the border than it is to the south, and being adopted into the holiday calendar of more and more people every year."

http://www.mexonline.com/cinco-de-mayo.htm

*sigh* did you even click the links? :(

Thousands of French women find out what it's like to not only sleep with a winner, but one who doesn't call her "Fraulein." Sadly, widespread use of condoms by American forces forestalls any improvement in the French bloodline.

Now that's funny :silly:

:laugh:

Did you mean: french military defeats

No standard web pages containing all your search terms were found.

Your search - french military victories - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

- Make sure all words are spelled correctly.

- Try different keywords.

- Try more general keywords.

- Try fewer keywords.

Also, you can try Google Answers for expert help with your search.

*sigh* did you even click the links? :(

While I was reading the thread before replying...I didnt know those were links.

Looks like you are being 4th of July festive to me.

And its an excuse to drink. There are several American holidays that fall in that category.

And its an excuse to drink. There are several American holidays that fall in that category.

I'm Irish. Thats my excuse :D

Cinco de Mayo is not a big deal in Mexico. As a matter of fact, my Mexican friends from Puebla, say they are the only city that celebrates it, because that's where it happened. My friend Jorge even told me it was an American holiday, not Mexican. :laugh:

Mexican Independence Day is like in September.

Its unfortunate, but many of the great drinkin' days are NOT holidays for most places of work.

Seriously, can i trade in MLK day and Presidents day in exchange for making St Paddy's fall on a Friday every year and making the Monday after the Super Bowl a day off?

I think Americans make a bigger deal of Cinco de Mayo than the Mexicans do.

I worked with some Mexicans yesterday (Cinco de Mayo) and they worked like it was a normal day. Never did i even hear them utter the words Cinco de Mayo.

:whoknows:

I think Americans make a bigger deal of Cinco de Mayo than the Mexicans do.

I worked with some Mexicans yesterday (Cinco de Mayo) and they worked like it was a normal day. Never did i even hear them utter the words Cinco de Mayo.

:whoknows:

Down here they use it to celebrate their culture/heritage,but you are correct,in Mexico it is not a big deal...WTH a excuse for a Cervesa is always good. :cheers:

Down here they use it to celebrate their culture/heritage,but you are correct,in Mexico it is not a big deal...WTH a excuse for a Cervesa is always good. :cheers:

Cervesa es muy beuno.

^^^i hope i spelled that right. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Archived