Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Beatherd just Said something interesting re: RFA

StevieInferior

the key in 1982 though was the fact that most of the UDFAs filled in spots on special teams and as depth players. the team had veteran starters at critical spots such as QB, RB, WR, DL, LB and CB.

the one area we had a young core was OL. Grimm, Jacoby and May were in their 2nd seasons in the NFL, while Bostic was in his 3rd.

and let's not forget the NFL MVP that year was kicker Mark Moseley whose leg won us a series of close games early in the season, including key division wins over Philly and the Giants. Moseley was 33 years old in 1982.

It's really hard to criticize the draft at this point, I mean we don't know what's planned for these kids we drafted and we don't know how it's going to turn out. In terms of rookie free agents, I'm sure we'll see that huge "tryout" that they usually hold and maybe we'll pick up a couple guys to help us out, we'll just have to wait and see...

If you go and look at our roster before the draft we have approximately 48 locks IMO. That leaves 5 spots and Landry takes one for sure. Then you have 4 more draft picks from today and probably a dozen UDFA's, and 4 spots to fill.

You might get lucky and land one undrafted guy, but then you would have to cut a draft pick. Why draft-em if you are gonna cut-em?

Gibbs made a big deal about undrafted players his first year back and how finding something was going to be important to turning the team around. None of the undrafted players they signed that year made the team.

I repeat....None of the undrafted players they signed that year made the team.

I repeat....None of the undrafted players they signed that year made the team.

Perhaps our personell guy... Vinny Cerrato needs to be shown the door. I know Dan likes having him around for his raquette ball game, but let's try to make a succesful organization.

If you go and look at our roster before the draft we have approximately 48 locks IMO. That leaves 5 spots and Landry takes one for sure. Then you have 4 more draft picks from today and probably a dozen UDFA's, and 4 spots to fill.

You might get lucky and land one undrafted guy, but then you would have to cut a draft pick. Why draft-em if you are gonna cut-em?

well... I wonder how many of our Draft picks will make the team???

OK, for clarification, i just saw the replay. BB said that "our 1st Super Bowl team had 22 players on it who weren't drafted". So the 82 team had 22 players on it who entered the league outside of the draft. I guess that it coul dbe assumed that it does not necessarily mean that these 22 players were signed out of college by the Skins orginally and not necessarily in 1982.

I think the NFL is different now then it was back then. Sure there are Diamonds in the rought like Brady. But the nuber of coaches and scouts you have now a days

with the tchnology and video fooyage passed around. You won't be making a team of undrafted players now a days.

Yeah but there were 15 rounds instead of 7 rounds. So for anyone to be an UDFA and still make a team would mean they were really low end talent. But we had 22 of those guys on the SB winning team.

Right now we have a lot of good on paper which has equalled 5-11 to 10-6 the past 10 years.

Archived