Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Disappointment

jaydogg3eb

I think I've been known to make quality threads around here (the few that Ive made), so if anyone thinks this is pointless, than do not respond.

I think its safe to say that today we made a wise choice by going with the safe pick. We now have one of the youngest and most dangerous safety tandems in the league. We have spent the offseason working on our secondary, and have brought in a nice linebacker to lead the pack. No one here can deny that our defensive roster looks much better than it did last year (at least on paper).

So, my disappointments do not sit with the team. It sits with alot of you on this message board. I cant believe the rediculous posts that I see on here after drafting Landry. Everyone is freaking out, shouting out rediculous predictions like "3-13 for the skins", all because we chose to go a different direction than DL. Give me a break. This board makes me sick sometimes, and I would be embarrassed to call myself a Redskin fan if I were some of you.

I hate making posts like this, but this needed to be said. This offseason has been great, and I feel we improved the team dramatically. The Redskins will make you naysayers eat crow in 2007. Just wait...

We got the best defensive player in the draft. No complaints here.

Right, I mean I can understand people's complaints if we traded the house for CJ. Thats a huge risk, no matter how good he is. But, the Landry trade, no matter how you want to spin it, makes sense. He'll be a great player, and it lets GW get back to his complicated DB blitzes that have worked so well in 2004 and 2005.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about how they feel this off-season has turned out so far. In a few months we will see how this plays out on the field.

Of course. But when the posts are just rediculous insults towards the team JUST because they decided to not go DL with #6, it tends to frustrate level-headed fans such as myself.

I think the team did a great job this offseason. Hands down. :point2sky

:applause: Good post. Have some faith in our team people. They are obviously trying to change their ways and are making smarter decisions.

I think I've been known to make quality threads around here (the few that Ive made), so if anyone thinks this is pointless, than do not respond.

I think its safe to say that today we made a wise choice by going with the safe pick. We now have one of the youngest and most dangerous safety tandems in the league. We have spent the offseason working on our secondary, and have brought in a nice linebacker to lead the pack. No one here can deny that our defensive roster looks much better than it did last year (at least on paper).

So, my disappointments do not sit with the team. It sits with alot of you on this message board. I cant believe the rediculous posts that I see on here after drafting Landry. Everyone is freaking out, shouting out rediculous predictions like "3-13 for the skins", all because we chose to go a different direction than DL. Give me a break. This board makes me sick sometimes, and I would be embarrassed to call myself a Redskin fan if I were some of you.

I hate making posts like this, but this needed to be said. This offseason has been great, and I feel we improved the team dramatically. The Redskins will make you naysayers eat crow in 2007. Just wait...

my first post all day, but yeah, im not complaining either, even tho we can grab a nice 5th roun DE....ala Mark Anderson (chicago's rookie DE who was great)

yeah, not upset with the pick but I definitely want a fatty.

Paul Soliai (probably goes in around the 4th) or Walter Thomas (can probably get with a 6th) I would be hopeful to see. Our 5th is pretty high, so Soliai might be a possiblity (maybe trade a 6th to get there).

I definately love this pick, unlike most of the cry babies on here, I haven't forgotten bout the 04 and 05 seasons when we didnt have an insane pass rush but still had a top 10 D. last season was a fluke due to a severely depleted secondary and obviously we shored that up this offseason and draft. Let monty and golston develop a little more before you write them off, it's barely their 2nd season for christs sake

I agree! I think everyone needs to give Landry a chance. Many people on here is determined that our D is going to suck. Yet these same people feel that McIntosh is the next best thing, yet we have seen slightly more of him than Landry. It doesn't make sense. Our defense may be great and it may not.

One thing I do know is that I am a Skins fan!!!!!! I always have hope at the beginning of the season. Always!! Every inch of my body says that we will have a top ten "D" and "O." Yes, this may be delusional, but I always have hope for this team. Somehow they make me beleive, even with all the losing. I am also an Orioles, Magic, and Caps fan, and yet I never feel good about with either of those teams...Never!

I think Gibbs and Co. knows what is best for this team. Way more than you and I. They have watched more film and have actually interviewed these players. If they feel like Landry is the best chance, then I agree! I am just really glad that they did not give up any draft picks next year to get CJ. I really really wanted CJ, but I questioned how much it would be worth. Anyway, I have a feeling Tampa and Gaines Adams will work out a deal for CJ and Lions.

P.S. sorry for the grammatical errors, but I am a little intoxicated :cheers:

I agree! I think everyone needs to give Landry a chance. Many people on here is determined that our D is going to suck. Yet these same people feel that McIntosh is the next best thing, yet we have seen slightly more of him than Landry. It doesn't make sense. Our defense may be great and it may not.

One thing I do know is that I am a Skins fan!!!!!! I always have hope at the beginning of the season. Always!! Every inch of my body says that we will have a top ten "D" and "O." Yes, this may be delusional, but I always have hope for this team. Somehow they make me beleive, even with all the losing. I am also an Orioles, Magic, and Caps fan, and yet I never feel good about with either of those teams...Never!

I think Gibbs and Co. knows what is best for this team. Way more than you and I. They have watched more film and have actually interviewed these players. If they feel like Landry is the best chance, then I agree! I am just really glad that they did not give up any draft picks next year to get CJ. I really really wanted CJ, but I questioned how much it would be worth. Anyway, I have a feeling Tampa and Gaines Adams will work out a deal for CJ and Lions.

very well said statements :applause:

Its just frustration from negative people venting anger,it seems a big issue because everyone notices the loud mouth fool and not the confident silent person,think Marvin Harrison and T.O hehe..point being that some here expect super bowl NOW and will whine until the skins get it.And even in the time the skins do win, the next year the same "fans" will whine about not repeating and how we shoulda done this or that.

I have been a fan a long time and never once questioned my faith in the team or the choice that i made in what team i picked,because i know that my being a fan means being not being a "homer" as many coin it,but to always be faithful and hopeful in the future..otherwise your just a bandwagon fan that jumps on or off depending on the teams record,or if we dont draft 32 picks in the first round.Some people around should take some example from Detroit Lions fans, i greatly respect them for sticking with them all these years...that loyalty,thats a fan

I know alot of you guys are with me on this; I am going to stop being utterly dissapointed or overly pumped about how well we'll do the next season. I've been in both boats, and its neither of them are worth it. Look at last year and how excited we all were during the offseason. Right now, I'm just looking forward to Redskins football, while enjoying, but not getting too hung up on the offseason (which I feel has been pretty good so far).

We didnt sell the farm as usual to other teams fofr non talented players as we've done in the past.

Maybe FO has heard me complaining.

We could've gone D line and would be right where we are now, A BETTER DEFENSE....

Since we could'nt find a match to trade down, we went with the best player I and others think was available and it met 1 of our key needs...

I stopped listening to the guys who post just to be heard...

Hopefully we have made a turn for the best in the offseason....

We need more like this, with more picks....

At least its a start....

Of course. But when the posts are just rediculous insults towards the team JUST because they decided to not go DL with #6, it tends to frustrate level-headed fans such as myself.

I think the team did a great job this offseason. Hands down. :point2sky

My sentiments exactly!

I AGREE totally!! How many times have I began to read a couple of threads on here and got so frustrated that I logged off. People on here amaze me. They wanted the Redskins to stay at #6 and not give Chicago what they wanted. The Redskins didn't. People complained about how our secondary was terrible and our LB's were not tackling. (which they were) What did the Redskins do? Upgraded all of these positions. In the offseason we have upgraded our Defense abundantly!!! I wonder sometimes if alot of people on here work for the Media because alot of the statements resemble them.

Mr. Snyder, Coach Gibbs and all other related staff has done a wonderful job this offseason!!!!

You can be a Redskins fan and not a fan of the Front Ofice and some of their moves.

On the bright side there are no insane we are going to the Superbowl posts, we didn't pay over 20 milllion in guaranteed money to a linebacker didn't do squat here to get that much money and who wont have the monster defensive line or the best middle linebacker next to him.

And on another positive note we might not trade a high first day 2008 pick to keep a player who will be a UFA after the season from going to a potential division rival and not using him.

So with no ridiculously high expectations there shouldn't be as much anguish if we don't.

In our division there are 3 very good TEs and a few very good recieving RBs. We are now the only team who has the talent and skill at the Saftey possition to counter any of those players without switching around personel. It wasn't just a good move, it might have been our only move.

Sometimes I feel like I am on an Eagles message board. Just booo until you're proven wrong, that'll help.

Similiar to what I was saying in my Sane and reasonable thread and I agree with you, but I can't help a certain level of discontentment. That doesn't mean that I think they made a dumb choice, but that if I had my druthers (anyone know what a druther is? How can I have my druthers if I don't know what one is?) I would have liked a slightly different outcome. I'm not upset with the choice, I think it is a good, safe choice, it may have even been the best choice available, but it is not the choice I loved best.

Archived