Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2nd Day Analysis

argentina_redskins

Ok, so we didn't address our main need in the first round, which is the Defensive Line. Instead we decided to go with the Best Prospect available at #6 who was S, Laron Landry. This should give us a strong secondary for the next 5 years, without having to worry about it at all.

Now on to the 2nd day. I think we really need to look for Defensive End prospects like we did last year with Golston and Montgomery and hope they can crack the DE rotation, which is extremely old anyway.

In terms of linebackers, we have 3 solid starting linebackers, and a really solid backup in Lemar Marshall. The problem is after that. Our starters are not very young (Fletcher 32, Washington 31) and we don't have any young players developing. I think we should look for a player who we could develop under these old guys.

This year we lost Derrick Dockery. We all agree that he wasn't a premiere guard and he was not even close to being worth that much money, I think Todd Wade can step in and help right away. But behind him we don't have much depth. I would like to add a OG in the 6th round possibly.

My ideal 2nd day would look like this:

5th round - Defensive End

6th round - Offensive Guard

6th round - Linebacker

7th round - Defensive End

I would take 2 Defensive Ends to make sure (hopefully) that we got at least one of them to make the club and possibly be our #3 or #4 guy this year. As for linebacker, I would get someone who could play both ILB and OLB to develop and maybe give him a shot in a couple of years. As for offensive guard, it would help our depth at the position a lot!

I would trade all of them, plus next years number 1 and number 2, for Calvin Johnson.

A late round d-line pick isn't going to change the fact that we have no #2 receiver. And in turn, we have no real offense.

I think we should use all 4 on either Dline or Oline. In terms of the order, we have to go with the best "boom or bust" pick available. If there's a (potential) monster Olineman available in the 5th, we need to go there. But all four picks really need to be lineman. We have absolutely no depth on either side of the ball.

You're right. This sounds random. How 'bout lineman instead?
We can bring in undrafted lineman to compete with Fabini/Pucillo/Tucker as well as younger guys like Lefotu and Armstrong. OL is not a real need. I'd rather us grab 2 DE's to compete with each other. That seems to be our MO in past offseasons.

Gibbs on the radio today when asked about the 2nd day highlighted building depth at LB
Between Newberry, McCune, Havner and Simon, I don't know how many more picks we can waste on inproperly used players.

Edit: Havner wasn't a pick, but we were very intent on bringing him to camp.

If our front office can sign Sean Taylor after next year; correct?

Thats why I think we had to halt our immediate plans to be better and instead take an insurrance in policy in Landry b/c S.Taylor is only, ONLY concerned with himself and even after his rookie season was asking for more money. It went away b/c of his legal troubles. Believe he is on the next flight out of town like Dockery, Smoot, Bailey, and all the others we couldnt convince to stay and lose. Not even the Houston Texans have been made the laughing stock of the league like the Skins have. We spend money for 2 teams and still come up short. The only Redskin players that even take less to stay are washed up bums who restructure b/c their value has diminished and no other teams would be dumb enough to hire them, so we meet in the middle, and the impression in the media is broadcast that it was for the greater good towards a winning season, unless your a WAsh. 'Skin.Money talks and over glorified selfish players walk on that.

Landry was an investment and with a full draft next year we will be shopping for D-Linemen and a Safety. Believe.

Archived